PDA

View Full Version : Morrowind--Dwemer Puzzle Box

samslophead
01-28-2003, 12:52 PM
I have found the Dwemer puzzle box and returned it to the guy with the Greek name in the Balmora fighter's guild. He gave me a key. I went back to Arkngthand and can't figure out what to do.

PS: I know the strategy guide would help, but I don't want to buy it.

Rancey
01-28-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by samslophead
I have found the Dwemer puzzle box and returned it to the guy with the Greek name in the Balmora fighter's guild. He gave me a key. I went back to Arkngthand and can't figure out what to do.

I haven't played in so long, but after returning it don't you just go back to Carius Curio (I have no idea how it's spelt, the guy who you get your main quests off)?

just some guy
01-28-2003, 01:21 PM
Yeah just go back to Caius and give him the stuff the dude in the fighters guild gave you.

samslophead
01-28-2003, 01:26 PM
Thanks for the super-fast reply guys. I posted that about 15 min. ago. Do people live on here??!! Anyway, you don't have to go back to Arkngthand? What's with all of the "mysterious Dwemer machines" and stuff and all of the "dwemer gears." I thought I had to do something with them.

Rancey
01-28-2003, 01:33 PM
Thanks for the super-fast reply guys. I posted that about 15 min. ago. Do people live on here??!! Anyway, you don't have to go back to Arkngthand? What's with all of the "mysterious Dwemer machines" and stuff and all of the "dwemer gears." I thought I had to do something with them.

I went back there later for another mission where I needed scrap metal, but you don't need to go back.

EHWfedPres
01-28-2003, 01:34 PM

If you want to get anywhere in Morrowind, the strategy guide is a necessity. If you bought it with the game, you could have gotten 15% off...oh well.

Rancey
01-28-2003, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
If you want to get anywhere in Morrowind, the strategy guide is a necessity. If you bought it with the game, you could have gotten 15% off...oh well.

I totally disagree, I never used a guide once and had become the leader of every guild and had completed the main quest by the time I was level40. I never even bothered enchanting any of my soul gems or never was cheap and just spawned and killed golden saints for instance and still had over 1mill cash and over 100 rep.

RudedogX
01-28-2003, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Jason-XBA
I totally disagree, I never used a guide once and had become the leader of every guild and had completed the main quest by the time I was level40. I never even bothered enchanting any of my soul gems or never was cheap and just spawned and killed golden saints for instance and still had over 1mill cash and over 100 rep.
Did you at least steal?:D

But seriously, I never used the strategy guide, and I got along fine without it too. I will say that my online sources were extremely helpful from time to time, (especially finding those bizarre little known items), but that's about it.

Rancey
01-28-2003, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by rudedogX
Did you at least steal?:D

But seriously, I never used the strategy guide, and I got along fine without it too. I will say that my online sources were extremely helpful from time to time, (especially finding those bizarre little known items), but that's about it.

Had to become leader of the Thieve's guild ;)

Yeah I stole, I only used an online source once when a character went missing, I searched for about an hr till I checked on the net and read that the character sometimes went missing after a certain quest so I had to add them to the game again (luckily it was on the PC).

just some guy
01-28-2003, 02:30 PM
Yeah, i didn't need a strategy guide either. You just have to be patient. On occasion when i was stuck with a quest i would just check an online faq. BUT WHATEVER YOU DO, SAMSLOPHEAD, DO NOT READ AHEAD ON THE FAQS! You'll ruin the game for yourself. You might accidentelly discover spoilers and you'll get tempted to just power game in which case you'll get board very quickly. Just keep doin' what your doin', play it slow, be patient, enjoy the atmosphere of the game and the little surprises, and in cases where your stuck just post a question on here and some one will answer. I'm always bored at work so you can count on me replying pretty fast.

samslophead
01-28-2003, 03:04 PM
Thanks for the help everyone.

Morrowing Lord
01-30-2003, 06:11 PM
yea stay away from the stratagy guide itll cheapen the rpg experience of morrowind.the whole point is to find out yourself not have a book tell you.though i wouldnt mind using it to help peice together the whole story behind the dissaperance of the dwarves.i got most of it together i just need to make sense of it.

just some guy
02-01-2003, 04:53 AM
I haven't really gotten into the mage guild quite yet but doesn't that explore the disapearence of the dwarves at some point?

samslophead
02-01-2003, 11:10 AM
I am an evoker rank (not too advanced yet) in the mage guild, and I have just been asked to check out the Dwemer sites. However, I still don't know what the Arkngthand key is used for.

Morrowing Lord
02-01-2003, 12:22 PM
i havent checked out what that key does yet.but if you were told by the arch mage in vivic to check out the dwemner sites dont, hes just BS'n you.in fact thats supposed to help you find the spy in the guild.wich is the guy walking around by him.

TheCovenant
02-03-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres

i agree with lynx, you really dont need the strtegy guide....

in fact, it might even kill the game.

if you have the map, that about all you need.

SiGuy
02-07-2003, 09:47 PM
I dont know how old this is but I know where to use the key
you have to go back into Arkngthand and you have to find a door called londs or lords blood gallery and thats where I am now. You might want an enchanted blade because you have to fight a type of ghost I dont remember what it is