PDA

View Full Version : Unreal tournament: champion???!!!

Gertrude420
01-28-2003, 01:06 PM
i played and loved this game for the pc, i was wondering about all the levels... is it different on xbox? for anyone that played this on PC and Xbox,. cause its like 25.00 i might get it, if it has all different levels than the pc one. what else is different? kay thanx

Dre
01-28-2003, 01:16 PM
new guns, new levels, Xbox Live... there are quite a few differences between the 2. Some good, some bad. If you have XBL, pick it up, its alotta fun

Gertrude420
01-28-2003, 01:18 PM
so everythings sorta new or what? are the old guns and levels still there? how many new levels? i don't have xbox live right now but i will get it in the future for sure

MerimacHamwich
01-28-2003, 01:25 PM
Not as many levels as the PC version right now but that is where downloadable content comes in. It is kind of a smaler version of the PC game as it is right now. However, in the near future it will become its own entity and be a rather large game.
:)
p.s.
It has basically the same guns as the PC version, they just look different.

LynxFX
01-28-2003, 01:25 PM
There are only 10 levels that are in Championship that aren't in UT 2k3. The weapons are all basically the same with a different 'visual' style.

Other than that, the same. Of course there are thousands of maps to download for UT2k3 right now.

Hopefully soon Championship will get a few new maps to be downloaded from live.

At $25 it is a pretty good deal, but don't look for a different experience than what you already have on UT2k3. Using voice on Live is probably the only perk.

wweomaniac
01-28-2003, 01:26 PM
I hate it for many reasons...

Framerate is awful in the game, but its suposedly getting fixed.
You die too quick. games where you die before you even get a chance to retalliate are lame.
Adrenaline is a stupid idea.

Overall... there's no strategy to the game, and any noob can master the game in seconds.

Dre
01-28-2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by wweomaniac
You die too quick. games where you die before you even get a chance to retalliate are lame.
Adrenaline is a stupid idea.

Overall... there's no strategy to the game, and any noob can master the game in seconds.

Ummm...you respawn with a weapon of your choice. How much time exactly do you need before someone can kill you? Its Unreal man, unreal=frag fest. If you were expecting strategy in this game then you should have done your homework b4 buying since every single unreal up to date has been this way.

As for a noob mastering the game in a matter of seconds, what exactly were you expecting? Some hidden secret strategy behind point and shoot?

LynxFX
01-28-2003, 01:32 PM
I would disagree in saying that there is no stradegy. There is a lot of stradegy to UC and UT2k3. It is just different from say Counter Strike or Ghost Recon or Whacked.

But that doesn't matter anyway. The game is a high octane grudgematch and the gameplay reflects that. It doesn't give you time to think about how you are going to go get your next frag, it is a think on your feet type of game.

Dre
01-28-2003, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx-XBA
I would disagree in saying that there is no stradegy. There is a lot of stradegy to UC and UT2k3. It is just different from say Counter Strike or Ghost Recon or Whacked.

You're totally right.. especially in Capture The Flag , Bombing Run and, my favorite Double Domination. These games are also in fact alotta fun on XBL and the headset adds a totally new level of strategy to the game when everyone uses it.

MerimacHamwich
01-28-2003, 09:18 PM
The only game type that is a fragfest of flooky doom is Deathmatch. There is even strategy in Team Deathmatch. It is just that people who are new to the game aren't good enough to pic up on the intricacies of it right away. Some times, as is the case with ignorant little wwe here, they get frustrated becuase they aren't good enough and they make up lies about the game. They tend to bring the game back before even playing it in depth. Just like Morrowind.