PDA

View Full Version : New

haithaminator
01-28-2003, 03:27 PM
hi
as you can probably see that iam am new and this is my first post.
to make a long story short

i had an xbox that i purchased on feb. of 2002. about 3 months ago everytime i would play any game or DVD the color would change. and after a while of playing it would suddenly freeze and turn off.
so about a week and a half ago i sent the xbox to best buy because i have the product replacement plan, not just the regular warranty, i just wanted to know in how long i could anticipate to recieve my voucher (i live in Maryland) if any of you have had this experience with bestbuy.
another question i have is when i recieve my money (who knows how long that will be) i want to buy xbox live, but iam a little worried about the credit card thing because since iam not old enough to have a credit card my dad will have to use his and i wanted to know if any other fee will be charged onto his credit card after i buy the starter kit.

sorry for the long questions but iam new to this and your reply would be greatly appreciated.
-thank you

Insane Jester
01-28-2003, 03:37 PM
Well i dont know about best buy nor do i know about xbox live lol so all i can say is welcome to the boards haithaminator.

Yannie Boy
01-28-2003, 03:43 PM
Welcome to XBA
for the xbox thing. i don't know . try looking around the forum Burning Ranger posted something on getting his box sent to get repaired i suggest you check it out.
for the live. i also don't know. all i know that once you buy the live kit you have a year already paid but when the year is over you'll be charged with an other year right off the back, but no one knows how much that fee will be. also some games will require that you pay a fee to play the game...

hope this helps

Cloud Strife
01-28-2003, 04:37 PM
I haven't had to deal with best buy over a videogame system before; however, I dealt with them over a Television and a Micron PC. I had warranties on both of them and they would always break. It usually too Best Buy between 1-3 weeks to get my TV and PC back. I'm not too sure how its like with videogame systems.

If you were to send the system into Microsoft, if you had the Xbox extended warranty for you don't have to pay anything, it takes between 4-8 days to receive the Xbox back. I sent my Xbox away on a Monday and I recieved it on Friday. There is no package delivery on Saturday's and Sunday's unless extra was paid for it to happen. I do only live 8-9 hours from Memphis, TN so it didn't take long. Memphis, TN is where repaired Xbox's go.

canadianboi3
01-28-2003, 05:11 PM
When playing dvd's make sure your xbox is plugged into your tv and not your vcr. some protection code or sumin preotects people from recording dvds to vhs, so it screws up the color, HOPE IT HELPS!! o btw welcome tot eh BEST forum on the web.

Highlite23
01-28-2003, 10:14 PM
Welcome haithaminator to XBA:)

Best Buy usually take about 2 weeks to process the extended warranty plan, or you could call the 800 number which you reported the extended plan to, and ask them for the replacement "code". I have done this before, you can give the number to customer service and it will approve your exchange for a new XBOX.

XBL is pre-paid for 1 year. It will not automatically renew because Microsoft hasn't stated the rates after the initial year. Now if the rates are set soon you will be notified that unless you contact them your XBL service will renew itself at whatever the rate will be.

Hope that helps, and enjoy the site.;)

Snake Eyez
01-28-2003, 10:55 PM
As for the extra fees on the credit card, it depends if you download any new content. From what I understand, some of that content will cost some money. This will be charged to the card you give for Live.

haithaminator
01-29-2003, 02:10 PM
thank you very much to replying to this post. your comments have been very helpful.

Acid Snow
01-29-2003, 04:43 PM
welcome, but i don't know any answers