PDA

View Full Version : E3 Preview From Trusted Reliable Source



Bravo_2
01-28-2003, 05:08 PM
I got this from DNak on the XBox.com forums. He got this info from Sandhustorm79 on the IGN.com forums.

"------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"From E3 2002, there was the LIVE booth, little mini-telephone booths connected by LIVE. Two booths allowed two people to play NFL Fever 2003 head-to-head. The other 6 booths allowed six gamers to play Unreal Championship head-to-head.

This year, the booth will be eight Halo 2:Homeworlds playable booths. Two teams of four human and four Covenant players, with voice thru LIVE. It will have the longest line ever, fights will break out and the police will have to be called. The media will arrive, two deaths will be reported, Dan Rather will show up to report it, and preorders will go thru the roof.

Fable will be video, not playable.
DOOM III will be playable.
Kameo will be playable.
SW:Galaxies will be video.
Thief III will be video.
Deus Ex II: The Invisible War will be playable.
Strident, Duality, Kingdom Under Fire II: The Crusaders will all be playable. Shining Lore will be video (it's a MMORPG, and Halo 2 will have all the LIVE booths tied up).
Perfect Dark 0 will be video.
Banjo Kazooie Trace (tres) will be video.
Conker: He Came, He Saw, He Conkered will be video.
Fuzion Frenzy 2 will be playable.
Tony Hawk 5 wil be playable.
Shenmue III will be announced as an Xbox exclusive.
Panzer Dragoon Online w/ multiplayer dragon battles will be announced as an Xbox exclusive.
The Matrix will be playable.
Star Trek's new one will be playable.
DOA:Code Chronus will be playable.
Ninja Gaiden will be playable.
DOA:4 will be announced Xbox Exclusive, video only.
Rygar will be announced as coming to Xbox.
Project Gotham 2: Attack of the Cones will be playable.
I cannot explain the one above this, heh.
N.U.D.E. will have its own booth, be announced for the US, and be playable but hosted. Too hard to "teach" N.U.D.E. from the beginning for every attendee, so the host will have a partially trained N.U.D.E.-in-progress and show off its gameplay.
An Assassin game from DOA featuring Christie will be announced. It will feature driving as well.
The Vivendi purchase will be old news by then, and we'll get our first video-only look at Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, a multi-platform mascot game (an online racer featuring Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, Blinx and a guest appearance by Sonic), LOTR:TTT (literary works version) and playable Starcraft:Ghost (now Xbox Exclusive).
Warcraft: Online War (Or W:OW as it will be called) will be announced with video footage.
Diablo 3 for PC will be announced, but not for Xbox.
The Unseen will be viewable, with a new release date of Q4, 2003.
Konami will announce MGS:3 for PS2 and Xbox.
DDRX will be announced, including custom soundtrack feature.
JSRFII will be playable.
Sega GT 2003 will be online and playable.
Amped 2 will be playable.
Oddworld: Munch's Exxodus will be watchable.
B.C. will be watchable.
Tekki 2 Online will be playable, multiplayer will be shown with voice support OFFLINE as well.
VF4.1 will be announced and playable.
Soul Caliber II will be playable.
The Hulk will be playable.
Daredevil will be playable.
Loose Cannon will be watchable.
True Crime: Streets of L.A. will be playable.
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon MMORPG will be announced with video footage.
Full Throttle II will be playable.
Sea Dogs II will be playable.
Robotech:LIVE wil be video.

That's enough. My brain hurts.

I'll be there, at least Tuesday. I'll meet everyone at the TXB booth at noon on Tuesday. I sent in my registration paperwork just today."

From teamxbox.com credit goes to MS rep SpaceGhost2K. He has stated many surpries of what MS has in store for us and they were all true and this guy knows what he talks about and is a verry verry good source.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"

Snoopy7548
01-28-2003, 05:20 PM
lol that PGR 2 name is funny. attack of the cones. haha

GokuX
01-28-2003, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
lol that PGR 2 name is funny. attack of the cones. haha

Hehe I was just thinking the same thing.

Bravo_2
01-28-2003, 05:34 PM
Don't ask me, lol.

Yannie Boy
01-28-2003, 05:36 PM
besides the attack of the cones the rest of the list is making me feel all good inside about the fact that i own an XBox;) :D :) :cool:

Bravo_2
01-28-2003, 05:39 PM
I just actually read this. Some of these seem a bit unrealistic.

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon MMORPG? Are they kidding me? What a joke. Unless they are screwing up the MMORPG definition again.

Cloud Strife
01-28-2003, 05:44 PM
I was happy with a lot of the news I see. But, I won't believe it until I see it. I especially don't believe JSRF II. I'll take a wait and see on this. The game I really hope is true is Dance Dance Revolution X. DDR is one of my favorite games and I want one for Xbox. Rygar wasn't really that special when I played the PS2 version.

The list of games seemed good, not the greatest.

Yannie Boy
01-28-2003, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
I was happy with a lot of the news I see. But, I won't believe it until I see it. I especially don't believe JSRF II. I'll take a wait and see on this. The game I really hope is true is Dance Dance Revolution X. DDR is one of my favorite games and I want one for Xbox. Rygar wasn't really that special when I played the PS2 version.

The list of games seemed good, not the greatest.

yeah i agree DDR is a fav of mine too even though ill alllllll ways lose to those asians that stay at arcades 24/7

Cloud Strife
01-28-2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Chupacabra
yeah i agree DDR is a fav of mine too even though ill alllllll ways lose to those asians that stay at arcades 24/7 Yeah, and I'm one of them.:)

Yannie Boy
01-28-2003, 06:00 PM
lol

hey i bet you can't wait for ninja gaiden and the "new" cristie assain game huh?:o

hiter101
01-28-2003, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Bravo_2
I just actually read this. Some of these seem a bit unrealistic.

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon MMORPG? Are they kidding me? What a joke. Unless they are screwing up the MMORPG definition again.

ROFL!!!!

u get to run on trees and fight with swords online :D

Cloud Strife
01-28-2003, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Chupacabra
lol

hey i bet you can't wait for ninja gaiden and the "new" cristie assain game huh?:o Yes I would. Ninja Gaiden happens to be the game I want most.;) I do love Christie.

I didn't believe a JSRF II sequel because Smilebit said they wouldn't make one at the moment. I would like to have Panzer Dragoon Online and Shenmue III. But the news I want to hear is Outrun 2, Fighting Vipers 3, and Virtua Cop 3 will come to Xbox. I also hope AM2 will re-do the graphic engine for Shenmue III, if that's true.

I mainly want online games to be announced because it gives me a reason to get Xbox Live.;)

Mega Gamer
01-28-2003, 06:06 PM
Is E3 in may?

canadianboi3
01-28-2003, 06:06 PM
I WANNA GO, I WANNA GO!! damn i dont think i can go lol. list looks good.

Cloud Strife
01-28-2003, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Mega Gamer
Is E3 in may? Yes. Every single year it is.;)

VenoM
01-28-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
I was happy with a lot of the news I see. But, I won't believe it until I see it. I especially don't believe JSRF II. I'll take a wait and see on this. The game I really hope is true is Dance Dance Revolution X. DDR is one of my favorite games and I want one for Xbox. Rygar wasn't really that special when I played the PS2 version.

The list of games seemed good, not the greatest.

seems like jsrf 2 is coming according to this interview :p link (http://forums.xengamers.com/showthread.php?threadid=67981)

Bravo_2
01-28-2003, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by VenoM
seems like jsrf 2 is coming according to this interview :p link (http://forums.xengamers.com/showthread.php?threadid=67981)

You got it backwards ;)

Edit: Nevermind. :D

Yannie Boy
01-28-2003, 06:19 PM
JSRF 2?????
yes!!!!!:eek:

Bravo_2
01-28-2003, 06:20 PM
If the music is as good as the last one, this will be a must-buy.

Yannie Boy
01-28-2003, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Bravo_2
If the music is as good as the last one, this will be a must-buy.

ha ha ha if the music is as good as the last one....ha ha ha...i hated that music....for me i just blasted my music while playing....

Cloud Strife
01-28-2003, 06:46 PM
If JSRF2 is true, then I'll buy it. My friend will be ticked if I buy it because he absolutely hates the series. It doesn't matter because I buy games he doesn't like anyways. I've already heard that Smilebit has a special surprise game in development for PS2.

I just hope Sega announces some Xbox games because I'm getting worried about their future Xbox support because of low game sales.

I'm betting the racing game with the mascots was the original Donkey Kong Racing Rare had in development for GC.

I still want an announcement of Atlus bringing over Shin Megami Tensei NINE to the U.S. I also want more RPG announcements.

Kraft
01-28-2003, 06:47 PM
How in the hell can they have a Diablo 3? Diablo, including the crystal that held his essense, was completely destroyed in 2... I like the diablo series, but at this point Blizzard is just milking it for all its worth, they need to start on something new.

Bravo_2
01-28-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Kraft-XBA
How in the hell can they have a Diablo 3? Diablo, including the crystal that held his essense, was completely destroyed in 2... I like the diablo series, but at this point Blizzard is just milking it for all its worth, they need to start on something new.

Diablo 2 was my favorite game for a LONG time.

shrew king
01-28-2003, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Bravo_2
DOOM III will be playable.
This game looks awesome, hopefully it is fun too.


SW:Galaxies will be video.
I don't care about this game unless they make an official announcement of no monthly charges.


Perfect Dark 0 will be video.
Hopefully it has some kickass graphics.


Conker: He Came, He Saw, He Conkered will be video.
Hopefully this game will come out by the end of '03, I doubt it though.


Fuzion Frenzy 2 will be playable.
The first one sucked IMO.


Tony Hawk 5 wil be playable.
I can't wait till Tony Hawk 23.


Panzer Dragoon Online w/ multiplayer dragon battles will be announced as an Xbox exclusive.
Is this going to be an add-on or a whole other game?


Project Gotham 2: Attack of the Cones will be playable.
That name sucks, surely that isn't the name of the game, it is probably a gametype or something.


The Vivendi purchase will be old news by then, and we'll get our first video-only look at Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, a multi-platform mascot game (an online racer featuring Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, Blinx and a guest appearance by Sonic), LOTR:TTT (literary works version) and playable Starcraft:Ghost (now Xbox Exclusive).
So Vivendi is in the bag!? That is awesome if we are getting Starcraft: Ghost as an exclusive. The graphics are probably going to be less than great since they have been developing the game on the other consoles, it'd be cool if they started from scratch.


Oddworld: Munch's Exxodus will be watchable.
The first Oddworld game on the Xbox ruled, I am sure this one will too.

MerimacHamwich
01-28-2003, 07:25 PM
I agree almost wholly with Shrew King. Except that Fuzion Frenzy was fun.

Koopa
01-28-2003, 08:26 PM
Im a bit skeptical, just because alll this sounds too good to be true. Blizzard exclusive? I'll wet my pants if they announce this...but some of those announcements you made sound kinda wierd like the w:ow (is it WoW but as an xbox version?) and diablo 3, as well as attack of the cones...

wow if this is true....this will definitely be the year of the xbox

carlbme
01-28-2003, 08:34 PM
I wouldn't be surprised by maybe a quarter of it. If any of the rest is true I'll be one happy gamer.

Frostberg
01-28-2003, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
I agree almost wholly with Shrew King. Except that Fuzion Frenzy was fun.

I was just gonna say that...I don't know why everyone hates it...they just played one little game on the halo disc and thought it looked childish...

its good...

Shadow20002
01-28-2003, 09:02 PM
After reading these sentences, i cannot control myself to dream about all of these games. Thanks for the predictions. ;)

Knight
01-28-2003, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Koopa
Im a bit skeptical, just because alll this sounds too good to be true. Blizzard exclusive? I'll wet my pants if they announce this...but some of those announcements you made sound kinda wierd like the w:ow (is it WoW but as an xbox version?) and diablo 3, as well as attack of the cones...

wow if this is true....this will definitely be the year of the xbox

Blizzard is owned by Vivendi and may be owned by microsoft soon, so could it be very true. If microsoft owns Vivendi means alot of ps2 & Gamecube are canceled. Why would microsoft pub any ps2 or gc when that hurt the XBox?

shrew king
01-28-2003, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Frostberg-XBA
I was just gonna say that...I don't know why everyone hates it...they just played one little game on the halo disc and thought it looked childish...

its good...

The funnest games were on the Halo disc, which isn't saying much...

I might give it a second chance if Fuzion Frenzy 2 is better.

Frostberg
01-28-2003, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Knight
Why would microsoft pub any ps2 or gc when that hurt the XBox?

To make cash...after all MS is still trying to make money. It is possible for MS published games to be released multi-platform, but the Xbox will have the obvious advantage such as better graphics and most likely xbox only levels and characters and so on...

Basicallythey will make the Xbox version the best so it will entice people to buy an Xbox...but that still doesnt change the fact that with every Xbox sale MS is losing $150 or so. This also means that MS needs to hold the customers to continue to buy MS games and hardware to recoup the losses and make a profit

Koopa
01-29-2003, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Knight
Blizzard is owned by Vivendi and may be owned by microsoft soon, so could it be very true. If microsoft owns Vivendi means alot of ps2 & Gamecube are canceled. Why would microsoft pub any ps2 or gc when that hurt the XBox? '

yes im aware of that, but MS doesnt own vivendi YET and so Im still going to be skeptical (but then again i was skeptical about MS buying rare....)
I'd rather not get my hopes up of having starcraft, warcraft, diablo, lost vikings, and ROCK AND ROLL RACING:cool: universes as exclusives to xbox

Brevity
01-29-2003, 10:17 AM
Nice I hope to see all this next year.

shrew king
01-29-2003, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Koopa
'

yes im aware of that, but MS doesnt own vivendi YET and so Im still going to be skeptical (but then again i was skeptical about MS buying rare....)
I'd rather not get my hopes up of having starcraft, warcraft, diablo, lost vikings, and ROCK AND ROLL RACING:cool: universes as exclusives to xbox

Rock & Roll Racing was an awesome game. I'd love to see that make a comeback.

Rancey
01-29-2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Koopa
'

yes im aware of that, but MS doesnt own vivendi YET and so Im still going to be skeptical (but then again i was skeptical about MS buying rare....)
I'd rather not get my hopes up of having starcraft, warcraft, diablo, lost vikings, and ROCK AND ROLL RACING:cool: universes as exclusives to xbox

If tWarcraft & Starcraft RTS games weren't on PC there is no way I would play them, and though some PC gamers might, a lot feel the same way I do.

Bravo_2
01-29-2003, 10:36 PM
If Warcraft was on Live, that would be stitched.

Hitman101
01-29-2003, 10:48 PM
OMG!!!! Halo 2 playable in LIVE booths:eek:.Now I want to go. To bad E3 isn't open to the public.:(

Frostberg
01-29-2003, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Hitman101
OMG!!!! Halo 2 playable in LIVE booths:eek:.Now I want to go. To bad E3 isn't open to the public.:(

Well, give me the cash and make my dreams come true

:D