PDA

View Full Version : Rollercoaster Tycoon

Viper87227
01-28-2003, 08:58 PM
I read on teamxbox that RCT on Xbox will only be the origional game and the two addons. Anyone know if it will have all the features of Rollercoaster Tycoon 2. I hope so cuz RCT2 runs like crap on my computer (dont laugh, but load times are over 15 minutes before i get into my save) I was hoping xbox would be my solution, but im not gunna downgrade!

Bravo_2
01-28-2003, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Viper87227
I read on teamxbox that RCT on Xbox will only be the origional game and the two addons. Anyone know if it will have all the features of Rollercoaster Tycoon 2. I hope so cuz RCT2 runs like crap on my computer (dont laugh, but load times are over 15 minutes before i get into my save) I was hoping xbox would be my solution, but im not gunna downgrade!

RCT 2 will not be on that. It will be RCT, Loopy Landscapes, and The other expansion.

Fred Gasman
01-28-2003, 11:35 PM
Who the :edit: is gonna buy this game? It looks so crappy.

Leviathon
01-29-2003, 08:14 AM
I'm a fan of RCT and have it for my PC. Unfortunately right now, my PC is done for, put a fork in it. If they where to come out with RCT 2 for the xbox, I would buy it. But not the Original.

The Jackal
01-29-2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Fred Gasman
Who the :edit: is gonna buy this game? It looks so crappy.

yeah and your sig is crappy but you still use it so people will still buy this game :cool:

Cloud Strife
01-29-2003, 12:27 PM
I personally think this game is going to be good. I don't think going from a mouse and a keyboard to a controller isn't bad.;)

Kraft
01-29-2003, 12:58 PM
I spent tons of hours playing rollercoaster tycoon on my computer, and I still play it now and then as it is a great game in concept and execution. The only thing I am worried about is what is going to want to make people buy it for 50 dollars for their game console when they can buy it much cheaper and play it on their computers... Hopefully there is some cool new added features that make it worth it.

Cloud Strife
01-29-2003, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Kraft-XBA
I spent tons of hours playing rollercoaster tycoon on my computer, and I still play it now and then as it is a great game in concept and execution. The only thing I am worried about is what is going to want to make people buy it for 50 dollars for their game console when they can buy it much cheaper and play it on their computers... Hopefully there is some cool new added features that make it worth it. From what I can remember Kraft, EBgames has the Xbox version priced at $29.99 on preorder right now.

Stormlord
01-29-2003, 05:53 PM
I'd buy it because my PC version is messed up. Plus my bro is obsessed on chatting with people online so it's very hard for me to do anything on the computer. I'm lucky enough to post because he's at night school. :D :D :) :cool:

Viper87227
01-29-2003, 07:26 PM
I have rollecoster tycoon (and both addons) and rollercoaster tycoon 2. RCT2 is a great game, but as said before the load times are to long to make me want to play this game. I was hoping RCT2 would be on xbox because that would not have the load times I have to deal. I would not buy the original RCT on xbox when i have it, plus its sequal on the PC. Since rollercosater tycoon 2 is $25-$30, i think the Xbox version will bomb, there is no reason to pay more for less. THe only scenario where someone would be beter of getting it on xbox would be someone witha crap computer that cant run RCT2 well and they have never played RCT, so that they wont know what there missing wiht RCT2 on PC.

I hope that RCT2 and future sequals will be released on xbox though....because then I would be upgrading and not downgrading.

Geezer1287
01-30-2003, 10:47 AM
Yeah but the add ons that come with it cost money too so youll be payin a fair price, in britan its price 34.99.

Stormlord
01-30-2003, 02:10 PM
Well you never know, it might be RCT2 just with a different name. And I wouldn't say that RCT2 will need a top pf the line PC. It uses the same engine just with more features then the previous one. Why do you think it's priced like an Add-on? :D :D

VeNoMiZA
01-30-2003, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by The Jackal
yeah and your sig is crappy but you still use it so people will still buy this game :cool:
seriously thats the worst sig i have ever seen on XBa next to that sig with the guy in a thong ewwwwwww.. that kid looks like he wants to get punched in the face by ME and for roller coaster tycoon i have this thing for strategy games i have all the C&C's and all the AGES of.. collections so this would be a nice game for my xbox. :) besides there isnt any strategy games for the xbox.

Bravo_2
01-30-2003, 03:26 PM
By no means would I denounce this title. I might rent it to see how it is, but it is still probably the most simple (and fun) rollercoaster games every to hit... anything.