PDA

View Full Version : FIFA 2003.... A disappointment....

Leviathon
01-29-2003, 12:23 PM
I was really getting hyped about this game. I saw the trailers and the sweet graphics that EA did a great job on, however after buying this game I am very disappointed in this game. Heres why:

Computer A1 once again has some inconsistencies with the true game. Play a game on the Amateur or beginner level and you can come out with some very lopsided wins. However, bump it up a level and the computer starts pulling stunts that only the computer can do.

The game gets harder because the AI performs at a level that not even the worlds premier teams play at. They intercept pass after pass knowing exaclty where you are going to play the ball. At times you feel as if you are trying to thread a needle just to create a passing lane and complete a pass.

When you recieve a pass, they literally will steal the ball from you before you have time to say Blinx the Cat. Sure you can stop moving and sheild the Ball, but where is that going to get you.

50/50 balls in the air are almost 75% of the time won by the AI player. I eventually stopped punting the ball from my Penalty box because I wasn't going to win the header and it just turns the ball over almost everytime.

A nice addition was the through ball button. However, you can't send a nice long ball in the air. The only time the Y button will put a through ball in the air is when max the power meter, this only puts the ball at about chest height. The X button lob/cross button puts the ball 85% at the recievers feet making him stop, trap the ball, then only to get it stolen away. If you try and lead him to far you will get no where.

That leads me to crossing the ball into the box as well. I think I get maybe one shot (header) on goal for every 25 attempts. Thats a pretty bad ratio. Now in amateur its a little easier, but who wants to win 15-1 everytime they play.

Also, your defense gets caught so out of posistion all the time giving the AI team 2 or 3 on 1 odds all the time. If it wasn't for the superhuman goalkeepers in the games there would be no chance.

Someone please tell me what the right analog stick does. Really, that thing is pretty much useless. That was one of the biggest disappointments in the game for me.

The computer will score at will as well. You know when the computer is going to score because the execute passes that you never see in real life except for those special moments in the game, but for the computer, it happens all the time.

I knew that this did not have Create-a-team or player, but why not. Why not a franchise mode. That's what makes Madden and all other sports games so well liked and definetly adds to the replay value.

Graphically, this is the best FIFA ever. I will play with 3 of my friends against the computer and we have fun, but it is very frustrating at times.

EA needs to make the game harder by using real to life examples in the game, not by allowing the computer to score at will, make passes and intercept passes almost before they even happen and allowing the computer to perform at levels that not even the top players in the world perform at.

Hope FIFA 2004 is better.

canadianboi3
02-03-2003, 08:55 PM
i was thinkin of getting this game. ive heard nothin but good reviews. thanx for the info.

Calve
02-07-2003, 08:57 PM
This game is awesome! Leviathon once you get good at the game it will be awesome. I know win almost every header and if I tried I could beat Real Madrid 7-0 with Beitar Jerusalem. No the AI isn't that good but it is still fun to play and it is a blast with multiplayer. The next FIFA just needs to include Creation Centre and online play and it will be the ultimate game...

Liquidmc
02-27-2003, 04:17 PM
Ya.. I would have to say this game rocks! I just tryed it the other night. Although I haven't really play against the computer yet, just against buddies. So that could be another story, who knows..
If you are playing against someone, this game is fun as hell! True that guy! :cool: