PDA

View Full Version : MS In Talks Vivendi Universal Venture

Jafo232
01-29-2003, 04:24 PM
PARIS, Jan. 29 — Vivendi Universal is in talks with Microsoft Corp. over the sale of part of its video game business, known for popular titles such as Diablo II and WarCraft, sources close to Vivendi said Wednesday. The U.S. software giant is among several companies interested in either a full or partial stake in Vivendi Universal Games, according to the sources, who spoke on condition of anonymity. The sources did not name the other potential bidders.

This is just the header of the article, more can be found here:

http://msnbc.com/news/866024.asp?0dm=C12JT

If this was already posted, my apologies.

Kraft
01-29-2003, 04:27 PM
Yeah, part of the problem is the news is from France. I am suprised MSNBC didn't jump on this news story earlier, you know, with it being MSnbc and all. But either way, I wouldn't put too much stock in it with all the ms rumors that have been flying around as of late.

carlbme
01-29-2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Kraft-XBA
Yeah, part of the problem is the news is from France. I am suprised MSNBC didn't jump on this news story earlier, you know, with it being MSnbc and all. But either way, I wouldn't put too much stock in it with all the ms rumors that have been flying around as of late.

I usually don't put too much faith in rumors myself. However, MSNBC usually doesn't publish pure rumors. They usually have at least some fact to them.

Jafo232
01-29-2003, 04:35 PM
Yeah cutting and pasting anything with the word Paris in it, was hard, but MSNBC is a reputable source, and they do have an in at Microsoft since they are a part of Microsoft themselves (MSnbc).

Brevity
01-29-2003, 05:40 PM
DAM like this is great news. DIABLO is one of my all time favorite games.

xboxman_1
01-29-2003, 07:47 PM
You all realize what this could mean don't you??

The following games would be exclusive:
warcraft
starcraft
diablo
half life
tribes

And thats not all....

Bravo_2
01-29-2003, 07:52 PM
Tribes is made by Sierra and Dynamix
Half-Life is made by Sierra and Valve

Hitman101
01-29-2003, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Bravo_2
Tribes is made by Sierra and Dynamix
Half-Life is made by Sierra and Valve

Also Dynamix is a dead company. It was shut down in the summer of 2002.

Bravo_2
01-29-2003, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Hitman101
Also Dynamix is a dead company. It was shut down in the summer of 2002.

Shizty...