PDA

View Full Version : Dead or alive :XBV

KrazYWind
01-29-2003, 07:43 PM
Love the game..but how do i keep a GD partener :eek: i loose them every time :eek:

Casper
01-29-2003, 08:18 PM
Try reading the instructions...or even look around this site...go into New Releases, we have alot of threads about it in there :)

SlightlySycho
01-29-2003, 08:38 PM
Basically, you'll need to keep your partner happy. Here's a Few Tips How:

1. Don't F**k Up: By which I mean, don't make gross mistakes while playing. For instance, hitting into the net, being blocked, or screwing up passes. This goes doubly true for characters like Christie and Ayane who have the personality of burnt toast. They have a nearly impossible time winning back lost affection.
Conversely, of course, playing well wins you friendship points.

2. Gifts: Every night make sure you give gifts to your partner. Preferably ones that fit the favorite color, interests, or foods (which can be determined from the character select screen). This will greatly improve your relationship.
Additionally, you'll probably want to give out gifts to some of the other girls as well, in case you partnership goes sour. This'll make sure you can get back into the volleyball games as soon as possible. Preferably, it should be one of the girls who is captaining a team, since you can't partner with the secondary member.

3. Swimsuits: This actually goes hand-in-hand with the gifts thing, sorta. Don't buy your partners exceptionally skimpy swimsuits. Even if it's their favorite color, odds are they'll pitch it, and the next morning they'll be uber-****ed.

Software2
01-30-2003, 08:06 AM
Sigh. That last part is annoying as heck! There's gotta be a way to get them to keep those suits!:(

studepaber
01-30-2003, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by Software2
Sigh. That last part is annoying as heck! There's gotta be a way to get them to keep those suits!:(

Try showering the person you want to receive the gift with her particular favorite gifts, many people have had success doing this (although I have only tried this method once and have failed with the Venus). Click here (http://s1.cgi.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.asp?board=33081&topic=6243867) to view favorite gifts for each character. Hope this helps.

Software2
01-30-2003, 08:33 AM
I know all that stuff. I know it's possible, but it takes alot of time and patience. (To give Venus to each character would take $7 million. I don't really want to have each character throw it away 2 or 3 times, lol)

I don't think it's the skimpyness of the suit, but rather the price. (Sure, the two are one and the same, but you know...) Also, the person won't accept the gift, if their approval of you isin't high enough to match that price. Thus, Venus would be the hardest, because it's $1 million!

Did that make sense?

studepaber
01-30-2003, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Software2
I know all that stuff. I know it's possible, but it takes alot of time and patience. (To give Venus to each character would take $7 million. I don't really want to have each character throw it away 2 or 3 times, lol)

I don't think it's the skimpyness of the suit, but rather the price. (Sure, the two are one and the same, but you know...) Also, the person won't accept the gift, if their approval of you isin't high enough to match that price. Thus, Venus would be the hardest, because it's $1 million!

Did that make sense?

lol yaaaa.... but how the hell can you tell how much they approve of you? and no I don't have the time and patience to collect 7 million to buy 7 venuses just to have those ungrateful girls throw em away, bah, heh.

Software2
01-30-2003, 07:15 PM
When you talk to a character, little notes will float above their image. When they're moving fast, they like you alot. Still, even then they wouldn't accept Christie's most expensive outfits.

mmattai
02-06-2003, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by SlightlySycho
2. Gifts: Every night make sure you give gifts to your partner. Preferably ones that fit the favorite color, interests, or foods (which can be determined from the character select screen). This will greatly improve your relationship.
Additionally, you'll probably want to give out gifts to some of the other girls as well, in case you partnership goes sour. This'll make sure you can get back into the volleyball games as soon as possible. Preferably, it should be one of the girls who is captaining a team, since you can't partner with the secondary member.

You can partner with the other girl on a team. Try pushing to the right. It'll do wonders! It will also let you give a gift to the other girl. Simple? Easy?

Halo40175
02-09-2003, 11:17 PM
I wanna play that game.. it sounds like hecka fun!!!