PDA

View Full Version : XBV Tip

Software2
01-30-2003, 08:20 AM
A tip for some of you. I finally figgured something out.

If you first select Lisa as your partnet, and play really well, she will dump you. You heard me right. It dosen't matter how many gifts you give her, she will dump you if you do really well. (I'm talking 7-0 games and such.)

I guess it's to keep great players from dominating at the start before the AI gets harder.

yall
01-30-2003, 09:26 AM
That sucks. I selected her and we were kicking ass. How long before she dumps me?

Software2
01-30-2003, 07:08 PM
Well, I was doing perfectly, and she left me in 2 days :(

SlightlySycho
01-30-2003, 08:40 PM
Gotta call you as wrong. I've played through several characters and managed to keep her as my partner the whole time.

You're probably just not buying her gifts. That's essential to keeping around any partner. Alternatively, if you're playing someone like Christie, it takes alot of playing well to compensate for a single mistake. It could just be adding up.

Software2
01-30-2003, 08:44 PM
Have you ever gotten three 7-0 games in a row in the very start? I'm talking flawless games where you just shut the opposition down!

When you've done this multiple times, and she hasen't broken up with you, you can call me wrong. Untill then, I'm right :) :P

Highlite23
02-01-2003, 06:58 PM
Software2, I don't mean to burst your bubble but I have had Lisa as a partner for about 10 weeks (Game Time) and in week 2 or approx. day 10 we went on a 7-0 strecth of 4 games, and she is still with me.

A gift every night, the occasional new suite, and she has been solid.

I have been playing as Chritie the entire time, and just continuing with her every 2 weeks. It takes me 2 gifts to get Lisa "singing" the right tune and join up with me again each time.

On a side note...How much cash do you need to get the Venus suite?? Don;t even now what it looks like.

SlightlySycho
02-03-2003, 09:26 PM
Software2, didn't mean to sound like I was knocking your playing abilities. My main focus was on the gift-giving strategy.

Highlite, the Venus costs one million Z (or whatever the cash units are). It's only available for Lisa, and like all swimsuits it isn't available everyday. It's basically a thong with a top that's two mirrors held together by a gold chain. Though, to be perfectly honest, I find her "Gaia" series of swimwear to be much more . . . stimulating.;)