PDA

View Full Version : New Smaller Xbox @ E3 in May !!

Hitman101
01-30-2003, 12:03 PM
Its Offical a new smaller model of the Xbox is set to appear at this years E3 expo in May !!

Link to info page (http://spong.com/x?art=4352)

Nato King
01-30-2003, 12:09 PM
Now people would not have any reason not to buy an xbox because they are making them smaller. Thanks for the informatin man. Good find.:)

Stifler
01-30-2003, 12:13 PM
I'll be getting one of these for sure/

MerimacHamwich
01-30-2003, 12:50 PM
I will probably be picking one up, seeing as I dont actually have my own xbox. I use my brothers. Yeesh, xbox have everything for every consumer. Big console, small console, every size of controller you could ever want, amazing games, amazing everything. How can you not get an xbox and still feel proud of yourself?

The news of the smaller and cheaper version coming is good news but I disagree with almost 90% of the rest of the argument. They seem kind of biased against xbox to me. I think the xbox looks cool. I am not a child anymore...

Boil wash planned for console giant

We have received word that a smaller model Xbox is to be shown at this year's E3 Expo, due to take place in Los Angeles in May of this year. UK insiders are beginning to speak about the machine, which backs up open talk of a smaller unit at the recent CES in Las Vegas. The new machine, referred to as Xbox Lite, is said to around the size of the PlayStation 2. What's more, the machine will be flat, making it stackable, with a great proportion of the ridging and embossed X being lost.

In a continuation of Microsoft's "listening to gamers" philosophy that saw the controller cut down to size, the firm believes, and rightly so, that an aesthetic rethink will appeal to a wider range of consumers, particularly in the East, where the Xbox continues to struggle.

But there's more to this than simple taste. The Xbox will soon be equipped with portable, handheld device, carrying the name, at least at the moment, Media2Go. Media2Go will be a multimedia delivery system, for both PC and Xbox (using Xbox Live) that will see pay-on-demand movies, music and possible games become a reality for the Xbox. This is the true destiny of Xbox, and its alarming expensive Xbox Live system.

This being the case, the firm simply has to make the Xbox more lounge friendly. A fair criticism levelled at the Xbox was that its design took the console industry back to the teenager's bedroom, at least in term of aesthetic. As far as the high-disposable income, gadget-conscious demographic that is without question the essential proponent of any home console, the Xbox is not acceptable.

For it to become the media online delivery hub, taking pride of place amongst the home entertainment centres of trendy, twenty-somethings, is unthinkable as it stands at the moment. But a smaller, cooler, more "gadgety" model may fair better. But it remains to be seen whether people will be happy to place control of their entertainment in the hands of a company that is courting Hollywood and the RIAA by promising constrictive digital rights management in coming software.

It is also expected that a full demonstration of Media2Go for Xbox, will be held some days before E3.

We'll bring you more as we get it, and remember where you read this first.

AlBoogy
01-30-2003, 01:13 PM
Spong isnt realy the most reliable source out there :rolleyes:

No Fear 23
01-30-2003, 06:38 PM
i like my xbox BIG :D

5 bucks says burning ranger will get it bc he has to have every console :) ;)

Evil_Dr_Beefy
01-30-2003, 06:52 PM
there is nothing wrong with the size of the xbox!!! nothing......people that say it was to big, was never going to buy one in the first place!!! All that mircosoft wants to do is resign the motherboard to make it a bit harder on hackers....I like my xbox like i like my women..BIG!!!:D

Frostberg
01-30-2003, 06:55 PM
Pics would of already been leaked...

Hitman101
01-30-2003, 07:01 PM
Hmm......Maybe.........I.ll be back I'm going to see if I can find some pics. :D

hiter101
01-30-2003, 09:04 PM
Why in the hell would somebody buy this if they already have an xbox :D

Nato King
02-01-2003, 05:44 AM
Originally posted by hiter101

You know what I was thinking. If they can come out with a smaller xbox would you think they could come out with a xbox boy. hahaha Just something to think about.

# 1 Stunner
02-01-2003, 08:38 AM
i cant tell a size diffrent proly because of da picture,:confused:

AlBoogy
02-01-2003, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by hiter101

If you read the article you would see that there is more to it then just the smaller size...

Stormlord
02-02-2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Serg_w
You know what I was thinking. If they can come out with a smaller xbox would you think they could come out with a xbox boy. hahaha Just something to think about.

2005 there might be a possible Xbox boy. :D It should be a portable hand held version. That's gonna be sweet. :D :D :)

Stormlord
02-02-2003, 11:31 AM
In a continuation of Microsoft's "listening to gamers" philosophy that saw the controller cut down to size, the firm believes, and rightly so, that an aesthetic rethink will appeal to a wider range of consumers, particularly in the East, where the Xbox continues to struggle.

I guess they don't like the Xbox's size because it brings shame to their built in hardware.......LOL :D :D :D . J/K.

Shadow20002
02-03-2003, 08:17 AM
Samething with the hard drive from Sony. In 2005, Microsoft and Sony will launch the next version of their consoles. We are now 2003, two more years than the new one is out. So maybe the consumers will wait and get the new one instead of the Xbox Lite.

One more thing i want to be sure, the Xbox Lite version will have the same specs of the original's one ? Or everything is being reduce ?

Ninja Scroll
02-03-2003, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by AlBoogy
Spong isnt realy the most reliable source out there :rolleyes:

There not?:confused: I never heard of this site until like a week or so ago.
Never went back since.
Aint it a fan based site?

Well as far as a newer "smaller" Xbox version I may get it. Depends on the price.
Since im moving soon it would rule to have one in my living room and another in da bedroom for when im getting my freak out with JJax's girl while playing my Xbox at da same time!:p