PDA

View Full Version : Sims coming to the Xbox

Casper
01-30-2003, 01:27 PM
Business & Entertainment Editors/Video Game Writers

REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan. 30, 2003--Electronic Arts (Nasdaq:ERTS) today announced that after a successful launch of The Sims(TM) on the PlayStation(R)2 computer entertainment system, The Sims is now in development for the Xbox(TM) video game system from Microsoft and Nintendo GameCube(TM). The games will be developed at the company's Maxis(TM) studio in conjunction with Edge of Reality, Ltd. Players will be able to create and control their Sims like never before with level-based game play, two-player modes, and dynamic 3D graphics. Both platforms will be available in Spring 2003.
"Bringing The Sims to the Xbox and Nintendo GameCube gives players the opportunity to play The Sims on a variety of console platforms," said Sinjin Bain, COO of EA's Maxis studio and Executive Producer of the game. "Maxis is looking forward to providing the fun and quirky gameplay of The Sims to gamers on any type of console system."
The Sims for the Xbox and Nintendo GameCube will feature a level-based mode called "Get a Life," where players can start with just one Sim and move him or her through life's big moments including moving out of Mom's house, getting a job, and having a family. Both versions will also feature the classic Sim-style open-ended game play. Now Xbox and Nintendo GameCube players can explore and create in an entirely new 3D world of The Sims.
There is a cast of wacky neighbors and creatures to interact with that can't be found in the original The Sims game for the PC, including a monkey butler that can be unlocked to serve at your Sims' every whim. Players will be able to customize the appearance of their Sim. They can create and tailor their Sims with accessories such as stylish hats, trendy glasses, cool hairstyles, and an enormous variety of clothing options. Players will also be able to make changes to their Sims appearance mid-game with the unlockable vanity mirror.
The Xbox and Nintendo GameCube will support two-player modes. Players will be able to play The Sims with or against each other. Whether it's level-based fun, two-player challenges, or classic Sim-style open-ended game play, The Sims are new for the Xbox and Nintendo GameCube.

source (http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/f_headline.cgi?bw.013003/230300081&ticker=ERTS)

CrazyCougar
01-30-2003, 01:32 PM
What no LIVE compatability? I can't believe EA wouldn't have given us a live version. They must have forgot or something.

*thinks that statement ought to open a can'o worms..*

RudedogX
01-30-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by CrazyCougar-XBA
*thinks that statement ought to open a can'o worms..*

Ya think? This is EA we're talking about. The company that seems to screw XBox at every opportunity that they can. Hmm...I'll let everyone else bring Battlefield and the other games that we've been screwed out of because of EA!:D

LynxFX
01-30-2003, 01:41 PM
Why am I not surprised. :rolleyes:

Of course they have been disappointed with the current sales of the Live version of the Sims. They won't give us a hugely successful Live game like BF1942 so why would they give us a mildly popular one.

Jafo232
01-30-2003, 01:47 PM
The Sims are as gey as Elton John in a polka dotted tutu singing Somewhere Over The Rainbow anyway. It will be less clutter on Live than anything else.

I think EA did us a favor.

Casper
01-30-2003, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Jafo232
The Sims are as gey as Elton John in a polka dotted tutu singing Somewhere Over The Rainbow anyway. It will be less clutter on Live than anything else.

I think EA did us a favor.

But Jafo, I figured you would like this the best, this was all for you :)

Snoopy7548
01-30-2003, 01:59 PM
i never liked the sims.

Ninja Scroll
01-30-2003, 02:00 PM
Im sorry, but da Sims in for no life peeps who wanna have a life in a fake world.
I never could understand what nerds & geeks found in a game like dis and dat super fruity Animal Crossing for GC.:rolleyes:

btw, anything developed or published from EA is garbage.

to dis day they have never made a penny off me, and never will.

Thank you, and have a pimpin ass evening.
raw beanie foe shizzy, naw mizzie?:)

RudedogX
01-30-2003, 02:16 PM
Well, as everyone else has already said, the SIMS don't impress me. The graphics are pretty lame and most of the people into the game are those that have no life to begin with. So if EA wants to bring it to the XBox, I doubt it will sell a whole lot.:rolleyes:

studepaber
01-30-2003, 02:25 PM
EA needs to make a Battlefield 1942 SIM :(

Jafo232
01-30-2003, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by casper
But Jafo, I figured you would like this the best, this was all for you :)

Hey, your the sausage smoker who read and posted the article. What's your next headline?

"EMI re-releases 'The Best Of Judy Garland'" - Casper

http://worldwidecreations.com/puke.gif

RudedogX
01-30-2003, 02:30 PM
Hey, your the sausage smoker who read and posted the article. What's your next headline?

"EMI re-releases 'The Best Of Judy Garland'" - Casper

http://eo.dyndns.info/images/smiles/puke.gif

ROTFLMAO! Yup...you can definetly tell you two are neighbors!:eek:

Jafo232
01-30-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by rudedogX
ROTFLMAO! Yup...you can definetly tell you two are neighbors!:eek:

Yeah, he lives upstairs, I can hear him listening to Barbara Streisand and Bette Midler CD's on his XBOX..http://worldwidecreations.com/banghead.gif

CrazyCougar
01-30-2003, 04:50 PM
Yeah, he lives upstairs, I can hear him listening to Barbara Streisand and Bette Midler CD's on his XBOX..http://worldwidecreations.com/banghead.gif

I KNEW IT! All this time he's been hiding the truth.

jabrre
01-30-2003, 05:24 PM
Personally, I like my games with action. So, I will be playing Halo, Shenmue 2, Crazy Taxi 3, Splinter Cell, etc and skipping The Sims altogether. Playing Animal Crossing is okay, but it gets boring from time to time.

Now if Master Chief would make an appearance on The Sims, then Id change my mind about the game. Chances of that happening is about the same as John Madden doing a baseball game.

VeNoMiZA
01-30-2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by CrazyCougar-XBA
I KNEW IT! All this time he's been hiding the truth.
BWahahahahahahah thats a good gif of the head bustin hahaha reminds me of those kids that play games and beat the crap out of stuff when they lose BWahahahahahaha

No Fear 23
01-30-2003, 06:20 PM
Sim games sucks

i mean, our life is a sim game.
we eat, we watch tv we grow up, and we move out of our rents house when we r 18.

Action games such as shooting fighting etc. are things which u cannot do in real life cause u'll go to jail for that.

ya get it? sims are lame:)

Insane Jester
01-30-2003, 06:29 PM
please no not the sims .. boo hoo

Evil_Dr_Beefy
01-30-2003, 07:09 PM
Why? (i hate the sims) leave it on the PC

greggp666
02-01-2003, 09:41 AM
F@@k EA and the sims. sorry bad day at work but i had to get to the point:mad:

thAshAdyOne
02-03-2003, 03:11 PM
i would RENT it if it was live only to cuss out people walking down the virtual street.

but the sims sucks big wrinkly @$$

Gertrude420
02-06-2003, 06:35 PM
that s hilarious ****, u know i was addicted to this game on pc, downloaded it from warez site, for free though. but i was lookin forward to it on xbox. figured u guys would be all crazy about it. guess not. lol. im broke anyways, so i don care right now, but if its good on the box im gettin it! lol

Hitman101
02-06-2003, 06:38 PM
The sim's are ok I guess !!!

Liquid Gears
02-06-2003, 06:44 PM
My best friend just bought The Sims for his PoS2. It's the exact same as all the rest. There's nothing special about this game. It's always fun in the beggining, then later on..............it just just really really boring.