PDA

View Full Version : Mulder and Scully say hello to Xbox !

Shadow20002
01-30-2003, 03:46 PM
FBI duo Mulder and Scully are heading to Xbox and PS2 in a new survival-horror game based on the hit TV show.

Vivendi and Fox Interactive have just announced development of The X-Files: Resist or Serve, a survival-horror game winging its way to PS2 and Xbox. The title will be based around three original episodes created by the exec producers on the hit TV show and from the looks of the screenshots it'll reek of foreboding atmosphere and scares. Resist or Serve, which features voiceovers from members of the TV show cast including David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson, has Mulder and Scully investigating strange goings on in the small Rock Mountain town of Red Falls. Unusual murders linked to ghost sightings, undead and other paranormal occurrences have tweaked the curiosity of the FBI partnership.

On the trail of an inhuman killer, the duo eventually find themselves, in classic X-Files style, delving into the depths of an alien spacecraft in an attempt to prevent alien colonization of Earth.

Resist or Serve is being developed by Black Ops, the studio making every effort to maintain the authenticity of the TV series. With this in mind, the title will feature a number of familiar environments, with characters such as the Cigarette-Smoking Man and The Lone Gunmen joining Mulder and Scully in the adventure.

The X-Files: Resist or Serve is scheduled for release on Xbox and PS2 in the summer. www.computerandvideogames.com
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A new survival-horror game for this summer. Hmmm.... :p

carlbme
01-30-2003, 04:58 PM
Cool. However I fear the worst. The screenshots look pretty bad, even for the PS2. It also looks too much like RE series in cetain shots. I hope they don't ruin it.

No Fear 23
01-30-2003, 06:32 PM
tyte, i'll keep an eye on that

good find

Insane Jester
01-30-2003, 06:35 PM
takes me back to those days ... hope they make it well .

Evil_Dr_Beefy
01-30-2003, 07:05 PM
Oh boy, one more port....i bet they make it first for the ps2 and then make the xbox version as an afterthought.....this is one of the reason i dissagree with our so called fanbase....We are too woried about about hack reviewers and so called bias....when the game companies should be making and building the game for the xbox first and then port it over to the ps2....it's like they only go as far as the ps2 hardware....and refuse to use the power of the xbox.....Hopefully they will shell out some cash and get the actors from the show to do their voices......

carlbme
01-30-2003, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Evil_Dr_Beefy
Hopefully they will shell out some cash and get the actors from the show to do their voices......

From what the story said the actors are on board to do the voices already.

The Jackal
01-30-2003, 08:16 PM
ah i cant stand X-files... wont pay any attention to this game when it comes out