PDA

View Full Version : Colin Mcrae 3 and Championship Manager 02/03

adzmullz1
02-01-2003, 08:20 AM
Seeing as these games have'nt been released in the U.S yet , i just thought i would give everyone a heads up by saying that both of these games are EXCELLENT and SUPERB.
Colin Mcrae 3 is AMAZING . The graphics , gameplay and lifespan are all of the very highestt standard . It's a solid game , wether you love rally or loath it , this game will keep you coming back for more .

And Championship manager 02/03 is nothing short of FANTASTIC . If anyone has ever played any of the other "Champ Man" titles , then they will have a small idea of what they are in for . This game is , no questions contemplated , the most playable game ever made , with a god honest infinte lifespan .

I reccommend both of these game to anyone who is looking to spend the rest of their lives in front of their xbox . If anyone's got any questions about them just ask , and remember , BUY THESE GAME WHEN THEY COME OUT !!!!.

GokuX
02-01-2003, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by adzmullz1
Seeing as these games have'nt been released in the U.S yet , i just thought i would give everyone a heads up by saying that both of these games are EXCELLENT and SUPERB.
Colin Mcrae 3 is AMAZING . The graphics , gameplay and lifespan are all of the very highestt standard . It's a solid game , wether you love rally or loath it , this game will keep you coming back for more .

And Championship manager 02/03 is nothing short of FANTASTIC . If anyone has ever played any of the other "Champ Man" titles , then they will have a small idea of what they are in for . This game is , no questions contemplated , the most playable game ever made , with a god honest infinte lifespan .

I reccommend both of these game to anyone who is looking to spend the rest of their lives in front of their xbox . If anyone's got any questions about them just ask , and remember , BUY THESE GAME WHEN THEY COME OUT !!!!.

Is Collin Mc3 system link capable??

OuFtb
02-01-2003, 08:38 AM
When is Colin Mcrae 3 coming out?

I seem a preview for this a while ago and it looked pretty good, Also is it true that you only do time trails, things and can't race other people or can you. I don't know were I saw that but just wanted to know.

adzmullz1
02-01-2003, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by GokuX
Is Collin Mc3 system link capable??

Yes.

adzmullz1
02-01-2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by OuFtb

Also is it true that you only do time trails, things and can't race other people or can you. I don't know were I saw that but just wanted to know.

Not true . There is a championship mode where you compete in the world rally championship as Mr Mcrae , and there is single race mode , and a multiplayer .

OuFtb
02-01-2003, 11:04 AM
Thanks, I am glad to hear I was wrong, cause I wouldn't want a game were you were the only person, and you couldn't race other people.

MerimacHamwich
02-01-2003, 01:24 PM
I am not sure that Championship manager ever comes to North America. Ofcourse I would love it if it did.

carlbme
02-01-2003, 01:53 PM
I'm glad that they put sytem link in CM3. Now they just need to make a good racing game for Live. Well another one anyway.

carlbme
02-01-2003, 09:06 PM
Cool, thanks. Sounds like a rental when it makes it over here.

adzmullz1
02-02-2003, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
I am not sure that Championship manager ever comes to North America. Ofcourse I would love it if it did.

too right you would . This game is becoming the most poular , fastest selling xbox game in europe , for good reason too.

carlbme
02-02-2003, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by adzmullz1
too right you would . This game is becoming the most poular , fastest selling xbox game in europe , for good reason too.

Glad to hear there is a good game out in Europe. My question is....what is it about?

Kraft
02-02-2003, 03:29 AM
Has anyone found any reviews or such that have been posted on a website over there? Maybe with some finalized screenshots or something....

adzmullz1
02-02-2003, 07:29 AM
By the way , championship manager is a 1-12 player game . I thought that was interesting...........

TiGGerLiAm
02-02-2003, 08:38 AM
colin macrae 3 is great, looks significantly better than the other format versions. I live in England and a friend of mine got it for christmas and brought it round new years day. Didn't play on it too long but it seems a very good game. The detail on the car is great.

Also i'm a fan of the championship manager games but have a fairly recent one on pc so won't bother getting it on the xbox until championship manager 4 eventually comes out. I hear that it tweaked so it's a bit quicker on the xbox, is this right?? On the pc the save game files could be 100meg quite easily, and after clicking something it could take 2 or 3 minutes working stuff out before you got the next screen . . .

colin macrae has been out over here for quite a long time i think, it;s unusual for us to get games in england before they're released in america . . . ???

adzmullz1
02-02-2003, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by carlbme
Glad to hear there is a good game out in Europe. My question is....what is it about?

Championship Manager is a long running series of games (02/03 is , i think , the seventh version) based on football (soccer to you guys) managment . You can take control of virtually any football team in the world and you job is basically to manage them . Buy players , sell players , select team tactics , hire and fire staff etc .

Below i have found a review of the game : Enjoy !

Sports Interactive and Eidos bring the latest season update to the Xbox, the last update before Championship Manager 4 is released early next year. Dubbed the best Football Management series ever made, and with good reason, the game builds on an already proven gameplay driven engine that has delighted fans around the world for years.

The game is the same as the last update, with minor tweaks, the latest club stats from this season and there are the usual range of other leagues including the English, Spanish, Italian and German leagues, as well as all the appropriate leagues and cups across Europe.

Your club can also compete in European competitions to test your skills against some of the best teams in Europe and even the best clubs in the world as the World Club Cup is attainable. Your players are also selected for International game .

Those of you that are worried that the game may not have converted well from PC to console can rest assured that it is as easy to control and navigate throughout the menus and although it is not as easy to use the joystick as it was with a mouse, once you get the hang of it you will find yourself maneuvering throughout the menus smoothly. Also it is just as quick at loading as a fast PC.

You will have to be impeccable at every aspect of football management to succeed in this game. Not only will you have to manage the team, but you will also have to manage your players as they could turn into the next Pierre Van Hoojdonk if you don’t treat your players right or give them proper wages etc. they may grow a disliking to you. So basically they have a full personality, which you will ultimately have to deal with. Also if your players are acting up, the F.A. may decide to fine your club and you may have to discipline your player by fining him some of his wages.

If you are unhappy with the actions of a referee, you may issue a complaint to the FA and they may take action and you can appeal against a ban imposed upon one of your players. You even have the power to give an ultimatum to your chairman about lack of wages, transfer funds, training facilities etc. You will have to deal with the media as they may ask you questions about your player or title ambitions, and you will have to respond correctly or you could lose the confidence of your fans and players!

As there are thousands of players to choose from and purchase, you have a set of scouts and coaching staff to help you find players and report on players you want to keep an eye on. Also you can compare two players at a glance, which will help you to choose which player is better in a position etc. You can decide what training regimes you want to give your players and even train them for a different position. Your scouts can scout entire leagues, clubs and search for rising young players who they think will fit well in your team.

If you ever get bored of the normal game and real players, you can choose to play the game with made-up players so you will have a complete new set of players to choose from and there is a state of the art data editor if there is any aspect of the game you wish to change and you can even create your own club and bring yourself into the game.

Match commentary is conveyed through a text format. At first this may seem hard to follow but it is very informative and you can change the speed at your will. There are complete match facts for all your players and you have full power over what tactics you impose and you will need to make substitutions as player fatigue plays a big part ion how your players perform. You will have to use your full footballing knowledge to select the right formation for a game and you can choose if you want to play a counter-attack or an offside trap etc. You can even keep an eye on other match scores for those big important games.

If you are looking for the ultimate Football Management game, this is the game for you but it is exactly the same as the last PC version so if you have that, you may want to hold onto your money until the next version, but for those like me who can’t wait that long, it is money well spent.

The game is as addictive a game as you are likely to see and even if you are not a football fan, this game is still great fun . Quite simply , this is a legendary title and one of the best to grace the xbox .I can’t see the championship manager series giving up its tile of best football management game any time soon.

Score: 9.9