PDA

View Full Version : PC Payne VS XBOX Payne???

Jason1010
11-26-2001, 10:21 PM
Is there even any difference between the two??? I own pc max payne and i was just wondering if it will even be worth renting for the xbox if i already have played the whole deal on my computer???

Heyyoudvd
11-26-2001, 10:31 PM
the graphics probably won't be as good in the Xbox version as they are on PC

Pimpn419
11-26-2001, 10:42 PM
what do you mean the graphics won't be as good as they are on the PC version?

-Matt

Heyyoudvd
11-26-2001, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Pimpn419
what do you mean the graphics won't be as good as they are on the PC version?

-Matt

what's there not to understand?

PC supports much higher resolution (monitors are much better quality than tv screens) plus, top-of-the-line computers are more powerful than any console.

Therefore, I think the Xbox version of Max Payne will not have as good graphics as the PC version does (assuming you run the PC version with a good computer)

Jason1010
11-27-2001, 08:11 AM
so since i wasn't playing it with everything at the best on my pc, the only difference is that the xbox version will look better to me??? thats kinda stupid.

Hugh_Jass
11-27-2001, 08:54 AM
The XBOX supports resolutions up to 1920x1080. I don't know if Max Payne on the XBOX will run at that resolution. I don't know if Max Payne will even run at that resolution on the best PCs.

Hopefully, the XBOX version of Max Payne will support HDTV. When I think of how good DOA3 could have looked with HDTV resolution... <sigh>

Don't get me wrong. DOA3 looks great. But when I see something done really well I always wonder what it would have been like if they made it just a little bit better. :)

l Maximus l
11-27-2001, 12:19 PM
Jason...just FYI...Heyyound is an anti-XBox PoS2 or LameCube fanboy.

Max Payne will be awesome :D

vash the stampede
11-27-2001, 03:19 PM
teamxbox said max payne x-box is going to look even better than the pc version. more polygons in the weapons and the faces. and much more texture and model variaty.

l Maximus l
11-27-2001, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by vash the stampede
teamxbox said max payne x-box is going to look even better than the pc version. more polygons in the weapons and the faces. and much more texture and model variaty.

Dude, I heard that, too...but, I can't remember where I read that...I was trying to find that earlier.

darianX
11-27-2001, 03:45 PM
But what about the gameplay? Will there be any extra/different levels than the pc version? I have yet to find any answers to those questions as I have the pc game and am wondering if it will be worth it to get for the X

l Maximus l
11-27-2001, 03:47 PM
Darian...I'm not sure if there are added levels or not. You can probably check out their website. But, I figure that if you are a hardcore Max Payne fan, I would get it. If not and you feel like you got your Max Payne fix already, then, I would just buy a different bad ass game instead.

Heyyoudvd
11-27-2001, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
Jason...just FYI...Heyyound is an anti-XBox PoS2 or LameCube fanboy.

Max Payne will be awesome :D

You're a retard. I think everyone can agree on that.

First of all, I'm not anti-Xbox. I think it's a good system, I just think Gamecube is better, so I bought a Gamecube instead.

Also, I don't have a PS2.

BTW, once again, you're a retard. You automatically assume that I hate Xbox just because I like Gamecube, and since I like Gamecube, you're said my opinion is invalid.

And you have the nerve to call us kiddy fanboys...
:rolleyes:

l Maximus l
11-27-2001, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Heyyoudvd

You're a retard. I think everyone can agree on that.

First of all, I'm not anti-Xbox. I think it's a good system, I just think Gamecube is better, so I bought a Gamecube instead.

Also, I don't have a PS2.

BTW, once again, you're a retard. You automatically assume that I hate Xbox just because I like Gamecube, and since I like Gamecube, you're said my opinion is invalid.

And you have the nerve to call us kiddy fanboys...

Reply to your first point: Who says I am a retard? ....You? And that has some validity? Give me a break. And, by the way, find one person that thinks I am a retard...this shouldn't be difficult since you claim "everyone can agree on that." Good luck.

Reply to your second point: For someone who claims to not be anit-XBox, you sure talk a lot of **** about it. And, what in the hell makes GameCube better? Luigi? Dude, pull your diaper out of your crack.

Reply to your third point: Point well taken...yes, your point is invalid. :D

Reply to final point: Yes, I have a lot of nerves...thousands...go play with your purple Barbie super oven and keep your lips shut :rolleyes: ....stupid kiddy fanboys....:rolleyes:

Lunkrot
11-27-2001, 07:38 PM
I just got to say this...
PC games put to consol, Suck. PC games/shooters are only good cuz you can easily control with many buttons. On a consol, you can't control that well. therfore the game's harder and it's not as fun with out being to do all those cool tricks (specially in max payne!) In conclusion, Consoles suck, PC's are better

Haine
11-27-2001, 08:13 PM
Well,IMO.....Pc's do not touch a console.Sure pc's are good for gaming but,When they make a game they have to make it compatible for alot of different hardware and make sure it will run on different setups,Speeds,Video cards....etc.No game on pc has touched the games i have seen on X-box yet.Console have for the most part always somewhat been ahead of pc's,Pc's are catching up but i dont think it will ever pass the big hump,And the reason is the price.......O and the only reason i play pc games is for online gaming wich that will end shortly due to the X-box online.........Boy i cant wait.......=P

Myth-One
11-27-2001, 08:55 PM
I have heard rumors of mutli paly, wonder how that will work. Maybe a bullet time that slows everyone down to slo mo, that could work.

Frostberg
11-27-2001, 09:28 PM
Ok being I dont have a Geforce 3 vid card in my comp, Max Payne will be better on Xbox...now Heyyoudvd if you think the GC is better, and you bought it...why are you still here with us Xbox fanatics who love out Xbox and hate the kiddie purple box...cube my bad...go get your vaccum and play with Luigi in the very scary haunted house!
BTW Maximus owns Heyyoudvd...and on that note what kind of name is that? Heyyoudvd, your silly cube doesnt have a dvd player!

Coll
11-27-2001, 09:47 PM
I've been hot on the hunt for Max Payne. Walmart has a release date of 12/12 and I can't wait!

Heyyoudvd
11-27-2001, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

Reply to your first point: Who says I am a retard? ....You? And that has some validity? Give me a break. And, by the way, find one person that thinks I am a retard...this shouldn't be difficult since you claim "everyone can agree on that." Good luck.

Reply to your second point: For someone who claims to not be anit-XBox, you sure talk a lot of **** about it. And, what in the hell makes GameCube better? Luigi? Dude, pull your diaper out of your crack.

Reply to your third point: Point well taken...yes, your point is invalid. :D

Reply to final point: Yes, I have a lot of nerves...thousands...go play with your purple Barbie super oven and keep your lips shut :rolleyes: ....stupid kiddy fanboys....:rolleyes:

hmmm... who's the more immature one here?

Frostberg
11-27-2001, 10:27 PM
i think maximus was just trying to say how much the GC is for kiddes under 8 that cant appreciate the Xbox and just love cartoon characters in a happy land without violence. No! not the voilence of super smash brothers...maybe we can make it sound more violent by adding melee to make it attractive for the older audiences!

the merc
11-28-2001, 06:36 AM
Let me elaborate on these two fools point of views...How can you even say anything about the XBOX when you dont have one...you purchased a gamecube instead.. that in itself is grounds for a brutal asswhippin...come on dork see the big picture...nintendo is done..over caputt. My buddy got that thing instead of XBOX and I played it for about five minutes...very uninspiring. And you mr. pc game nerd...dont even speak...console games are much more interactive, easy to play, and immersive...so both of yas go back to the Romper room ya came from cuz you know not of what you speak..

any game that comes out on XBOX will outdue that same game on other platforms...........and the "haters" will hopefuly see the light, the green light that is....

Hugh_Jass
11-28-2001, 10:34 AM
I had a similar experience. While I was waiting in line to buy my XBOX I just happened to be next to the Game Cube display. I played the Star Wars game until I got so bored with it (15 minutes later) that I decided it would be a better use of my time to just stand there and think about XBOX.

l Maximus l
11-28-2001, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Heyyoudvd

hmmm... who's the more immature one here?

The immature one? That would be you. Why? Let me see, you called me a "retard" which I take slightly offensive because I have a very close cousin that is mentally retarded and you were using it as a way to try and put me down to make yourself feel higher...and common tactic used my people with large amounts of insecurity. Besides, it's an old philosophy...for some reason you can dish it out but can't take it. So, why don't you just leave these forums and play with your Purple Barbie Cook 'em up Oven...I gaurantee you will enjoy yourself with it compared to feeling the wrath of XBox addicts on here after you slam down the XBox. Kiddie fanboy...:rolleyes: