PDA

View Full Version : The EXACT number of blocks on my XBOX



Rochey69r
02-01-2003, 06:34 PM
whatsup y'all?

i tried my idea of copying one soundtrack to another
and so on and so on till my xbox was full.

a message came up when midway through copying a soundtrack


"unable to copy sountrack, this may be because your xbox has run out of blocks"

so i checked and added up all the blocks.

from game saves to sountracks.

total number = 312, 407 BLOCKS

i know there are two types of harddrives in xbox's seagate and west?????something.

i have the west something one.

(i know from when i got my mod done to play imported games)

BCan
02-01-2003, 09:13 PM
There is the Seagate 10GB drive, with only 8GB formatted for use, and the Western Digital 8GB, all formatted for use. The thing here is that it is more than one partition on the HDD. There is the protected area for the OS and for use by games to cache things, which from what I have read is 2GB. So you have filled up the 6GB allowed for game saves....

Rochey69r
02-01-2003, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Viper87227
does it still say you have 50000+ blocks free. I'm begining to think that never changes

nop.

as soon as you break the 50, 000 mark it says for example,


46, 990 blocks left.

the lowest i got it to was 46 blocks left.

(which i added to the sum to get the total)


p.s. BCan you saying that i got jibbed with a 6gb HDD?

and other people that fork out the same money or less as i got mine at launch. get a bigger hardrive?

NOT HAPPY JAN!!! :mad:

Kraft
02-02-2003, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by BCan
There is the Seagate 10GB drive, with only 8GB formatted for use, and the Western Digital 8GB, all formatted for use. The thing here is that it is more than one partition on the HDD. There is the protected area for the OS and for use by games to cache things, which from what I have read is 2GB. So you have filled up the 6GB allowed for game saves....

Im not so sure there is 6 gigs for saving the game files. You also have a partition for a game swap file, however big MS made that...

Viper87227
02-02-2003, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Rochey69r
whatsup y'all?

i tried my idea of copying one soundtrack to another
and so on and so on till my xbox was full.

a message came up when midway through copying a soundtrack


"unable to copy sountrack, this may be because your xbox has run out of blocks"

so i checked and added up all the blocks.

from game saves to sountracks.

total number = 312, 407 BLOCKS

i know there are two types of harddrives in xbox's seagate and west?????something.

i have the west something one.

(i know from when i got my mod done to play imported games)


does it still say you have 50000+ blocks free. I'm begining to think that never changes

Xbox Owner
02-03-2003, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by Viper87227
does it still say you have 50000+ blocks free. I'm begining to think that never changes

Because it saying how much they give you! It never goes down, sheeesh. It's not that hard to figure out. It doesn't tell you how much you have left (all you have to do is add them up in memory anyway).:rolleyes:

TiGGerLiAm
02-03-2003, 03:11 PM
is there anyway to tell which hard drive you have without opening the xbox? i know its irrelevent really just i'm curious

Kraft
02-03-2003, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by TiGGerLiAm
is there anyway to tell which hard drive you have without opening the xbox? i know its irrelevent really just i'm curious

Well, you could either try xraying it and comparing the hard drive image to Seagate and Western Digital schematics, or you can call madame cleo and see if she can tell you.

TheCovenant
02-03-2003, 03:18 PM
wow. thats actually really good to know. thanx.:)

Rochey69r
02-04-2003, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by TheCovenant
wow. thats actually really good to know. thanx.:)


no worries mate.

thats y i posted it, i thought people would like to know.

;)

BCan
02-04-2003, 05:32 AM
I am pretty sure that there is a serial number range that would have WD, and others that have Seagate, only MS would really have that kind of info...