PDA

View Full Version : Still Playing Morrowind

clientkiller
02-01-2003, 09:12 PM
Hey I am a newbie :( but what can ya do? you have to start somewhere. Just wanted to first say sorry to the people who i nicked the award link off. i know you might be a bit ****ed and if you don't want me to have it then i will take it off.

second i would like to ask if anyone, like me is still playing morrowind on the xbox? since i got it i haven't played anything else and the game is taking up masses of my time. infact i have now put my xbox and my tv in the living room so i can watch tv and play at the same time and now i am able to spend time with others. just when i think there could not be anymore quests i find one its great!

xboxgamer142
02-02-2003, 02:24 AM
I sometimes play Morrowind, but not as often as I used to. I used to spend hours every single day, playing it. I recently started a new character, but the game has gotten sort of boring. Luckily, there are new RPGs on the way.

clientkiller
02-02-2003, 07:56 AM
if only they had made combat more enjoyable instead you keep thinking not again all the time.

personally i can't wait for fable i hope it plays as good as it looks. Are there any other ones on their way?

just some guy
02-03-2003, 08:31 AM
When KOTOR comes out in April you should have something to keep you busy until Fable.

TheCovenant
02-03-2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by just some guy
When KOTOR comes out in April you should have something to keep you busy until Fable.

completely agree.....

Slayer02
02-03-2003, 03:28 PM
I play morrowind time to time but I recently sold it but now I have a urge to play it again, sigh.

clientkiller
02-03-2003, 03:29 PM
i hope it is as good as it looks. does anyone know what its about?

TheCovenant
02-03-2003, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Slayer02
I play morrowind time to time but I recently sold it but now I have a urge to play it again, sigh.

im thinking of repurchasing the game, because i also sold my copy to buy xbox live goodies.....

*bigger sigh than slayer 02*

clientkiller
02-03-2003, 04:14 PM
wow man it must be one hell of a game if its managed to make you wanna rebuy it :)

i think its one hell of a game too.

what level are your chars on?

my highest is 34 :( i know its poor but i don't care he still kicks ass

just some guy
02-03-2003, 04:20 PM
i started a couple new characters but my first one I played with got up to level 72 before i stopped.

TheCovenant
02-03-2003, 07:32 PM
i can honestly say i dont remember what level......

i remember that i didnt really spent thast much time leveling up my character and the last level i remeber seeing was like 22.....

SPARTAN VI
02-03-2003, 07:36 PM
I bought Morrowing just to pass the summer, instead I bought an awesome RPG. I beat it at level 47 or so, became master of mutliple Guilds/Houses and became invulnerable. After a while there are only so many things that can keep my interest being so powerful, so I just traded it in for credit to use toward my XBOX LIVE stuff. It was a great game, I'd be willing to do it all over again if I didn't get 5 DDE every damn day along with multiple freezes.:(

TheCovenant
02-03-2003, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by SPARTAN VI
I bought Morrowing just to pass the summer, instead I bought an awesome RPG. I beat it at level 47 or so, became master of mutliple Guilds/Houses and became invulnerable. After a while there are only so many things that can keep my interest being so powerful, so I just traded it in for credit to use toward my XBOX LIVE stuff. It was a great game, I'd be willing to do it all over again if I didn't get 5 DDE every damn day along with multiple freezes.:(

lol:D

true dat, spartan!

tru dat!

just some guy
02-04-2003, 08:31 AM
HAHA. Yeah the stupid dirty disk error when you get deeper into the game and have hundreds of blocks saved. And it would only happen to me when i tried to look at the map. Is that the way it happened for everyone else?

xboxman_1
02-04-2003, 09:22 PM
HAHA. Yeah the stupid dirty disk error when you get deeper into the game and have hundreds of blocks saved. And it would only happen to me when i tried to look at the map. Is that the way it happened for everyone else?

Happened to everyone I know during random times, not with the map.

SiGuy
02-07-2003, 09:39 PM
does anyone know a quick way to level up?

Arven
02-08-2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Slayer02

Ha...me too. I was thinking today of how I would like to just have the Morrowind map on my wall again. Something comforting about that...

xboxman_1
02-08-2003, 03:40 PM
does anyone know a quick way to level up?

Find the master trainer of anyone of your major/minor skills that you're level 100 in. You can still train; your skill level will stay at 100, but every ten times you can still grow a level. Its hard to explain.

SiGuy
02-08-2003, 05:21 PM
I get it, thanx x-b man. Another question. Whats a probe for? I tried using it to steal off of like regular people but thats not it.

xboxman_1
02-08-2003, 06:07 PM
When you go up to a door or a chest or something, sometime it will be locked right? Well if it says its "Trapped" too, use the probe to "un-trap" it. That will prevent that nasty spell from hitting you all the time when you open chests.

SiGuy
02-08-2003, 07:10 PM
awesome, thanx again

bballboy
02-09-2003, 04:26 PM
Morrowind is one of the best games of all time and one of the most addictive too. I spent hours apon hours everyday last summer playing it. I have probably logged at least 150-200 hours into it. I played as much as 4 hours a day.

I don't play it so much anymore. I'll play it maybe once a month now. I'm still only at level 25 and haven't beaten the game yet, but its just not as fun anymore and those DDEs don't help the situation any. Despite the fact that I've only covered about a quarter of the map I feel as if I've been most everywhere (its probably because much of the terrain is similar looking). Its a wonderful game and I still enjoy it when I play it, but I just don't get that addictive "wow" feeling anymore when I play it.

xboxman_1
02-09-2003, 06:10 PM
Morrowind is one of the best games of all time and one of the most addictive too. I spent hours apon hours everyday last summer playing it. I have probably logged at least 150-200 hours into it. I played as much as 4 hours a day.

As much as 4 hours a day??? Dear god, how did you fathom that long??? J/K...me and my friends played almost all day and all night over the summer...only stopping to eat and to walk to the nearest gas station to get more mountain dew.

Arven
02-10-2003, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by clientkiller
wow man it must be one hell of a game if its managed to make you wanna rebuy it :)

It's a strange, delayed effect. I sold it a few months ago, figuring I'd played it out. But, several months later, I start to think about Morrowind again -- a lot.

I have Morrowind wallpaper on my desktop now. I downloaded the theme off the internet the other day, and when I listened to it, I went into a trance...I was back there. Sad as this may sound, I even ordered a 2003 Morrowind calendar recently.

Morrowind left a lasting impression on me -- an impression that I underestimated at the time. There is just something about being immersed in that world. It's unforgettable.

Shadow20002
02-11-2003, 04:32 PM
Each time i played Morrowind = 2 hours and up
Most game i played = Morrowind
Most hate game = Morrowind (just because DDE and crash frequently)

Anyway, if Morrowind doesn't have DDE and crashes, i will not selling it to EB. :rolleyes:

xboxman_1
02-11-2003, 10:16 PM
My friends and I played it so much, we now treat it as if it were the One Ring. We aren't allowed to watch someone playing it or it will absorb out lives and slowly destroy us....

(J/K BTW - but we really do call it our Precioussssssss)

Xtopia
02-12-2003, 02:34 PM
I had a level 132 character. Literally unstopable. I beat a while back, but recently started playing again. I love it to this day!:D

SiGuy
02-12-2003, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Xtopia
I had a level 132 character. Literally unstopable. I beat a while back, but recently started playing again. I love it to this day!:D did you play that for like eight hours a day for six months straight or what. I just started a new guy, play it about two hours a day for a week and Im on eleven and level ups are slower as you get higher up:eek:

xboxman_1
02-12-2003, 09:36 PM
did you play that for like eight hours a day for six months straight or what. I just started a new guy, play it about two hours a day for a week and Im on eleven and level ups are slower as you get higher up

doubt it...I bet he used the old trick I said earlier.

Xtopia
02-13-2003, 12:41 PM
I didn't use ANY tricks till about level 75. I then just used my mad cash and went to master trainers and trained for a VERY long time.;)

Nato King
02-15-2003, 09:17 AM
Man I have not played Morrowind since last year November. I might trade it back for another RPG game that is coming out. But I just don't know what.:)

Arven
02-15-2003, 10:03 PM
I cried at the Morrowind theme song today. I haven't played it for three or four months (I sold my first copy in November). As time passed, I realized how much I missed it. Man that game stood the test of time for me. It was so wonderful to boot it up. I cried -- literally cried -- at the opening theme. I suppose some people might think that's funny or pathetic (spare me the "get a life" jokes), but I think it's a testament to the kind of feelings this game inspires in people, the kind of hold it gets on you.

davidx
02-20-2003, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by clientkiller
if only they had made combat more enjoyable instead you keep thinking not again all the time.

personally i can't wait for fable i hope it plays as good as it looks. Are there any other ones on their way?

Other ones on the way? Yup. Like KOTOR ...btw, what the hell is this new title all about? Hook up a link!

X

TheCovenant
02-22-2003, 06:45 PM
Man, arven said it exactly how it is. The damn game might have bad dde and frequent crashes, but dont sell it, you'll be missing it more than you think...........:confused: