PDA

View Full Version : Splinter Cell - Sticky camera problem

xboxman_1
02-01-2003, 10:09 PM
Yeah but thats bougus man!! What if you move out in the open to shoot the camera and you want ot move Sam back into the shadows before you start looking around with the cam, you can't. Shooting another camera wont help in this department also.

True, but I beat the game easily and never had to do this, so just work your way around it or something....

OppiumNitrates
02-02-2003, 01:37 AM
OK now I read the info in the instruction book a few times and can't find if this is possable and if it's not then this is really a huge game flaw especially for someone who tries to get through the game as stelth as possable and trying to encounter the least amount of enemies anyway . . .

When you shoot the stick camera, when it sticks to a wall or whatever you go to the camera view and you can pan, scan, and zoom. After you press 'R' to get off the camera view and control sam again, is there anything you can do to get the camera view back again.

The instructions say that Sam gets the video feed of the camera through the OPSAT and I'v shoot a camera and tried every option in the OPSAT and can't get the view back . . . anyone run into this or figure out a way to do this.

This is seriously ****ing me off that a game done so well would be missing a simple and extreamly useful feature like this.

Duke
02-02-2003, 01:39 AM
Pretty sure all you can do is go and pick it up.

Yep, pretty frustrating, but I haven't found any way to go back to camera view either.

It is nice, that you can pick upan unused (haven't fired off the gas) one, though.

Highlite23
02-02-2003, 01:49 AM
If there is a way, I have yet to find it. :(

But I did find a use for the Stickey Cams that maybe some of you havn't tried, especially you stealth nuts.

Use the Stickey Cams to knock out guards just like your Zapper and ....whatever those donaut things are, soryy i'm drawing a blank.

2 cool things about it, watching the video feed as the camera bounces off the head and flys around. And you can go pick it up when your guy is out.:)

xboxman_1
02-02-2003, 01:52 AM
Ya, I was just about the say that highlite. And I only used the sticky camera's for an actual camera in about 2 places in the game, and considering they give you about 15 every level, just shoot another one if you want to see that view again, then go pick them both up.

Nato King
02-02-2003, 02:50 AM
I was also thinking that you can do something to get back to the stickey camea but I have not found a way yet. But this could be one thing that make this game not all that.:)

OppiumNitrates
02-02-2003, 03:47 AM
Originally posted by xboxman_1
Ya, I was just about the say that highlite. And I only used the sticky camera's for an actual camera in about 2 places in the game, and considering they give you about 15 every level, just shoot another one if you want to see that view again, then go pick them both up.

Yeah but thats bougus man!! What if you move out in the open to shoot the camera and you want ot move Sam back into the shadows before you start looking around with the cam, you can't. Shooting another camera wont help in this department also.

Duke
02-02-2003, 11:20 AM
There was one spot in the game where I wanted to do exactly that, Oppium, but in the end all I really had to do was adjust the spot where I was shooting the camera.

The AI doesn't generally have them look around once you've gone w/ your first noise.

OppiumNitrates
02-02-2003, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by xboxman_1
True, but I beat the game easily and never had to do this, so just work your way around it or something....

Good for you, now why the hell is your post above mine?

BTW did u play on Hard or normal?

xboxman_1
02-02-2003, 10:15 PM
Good for you, now why the hell is your post above mine?

What the sh*t?? How is my post the top one???

BTW did u play on Hard or normal?

Both.