PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to buy PSO with the online fee?

TEA
02-01-2003, 11:10 PM
I know I'm not because My income can't support another monthly fee when I've already bought the game.This is taking away from other game purchases/accessories/and other miscellaneous stuff needed by me.We should boycott(especially with it being Black History Month too,Rosa Parks) this and I believe it could make some serious change on Sega and MS.

Flood
02-02-2003, 12:54 AM
what does Black History Month have to do with PSO??

xboxmaster2002
02-02-2003, 01:05 AM
i am you get the 1st 2 months free and the game is 10$ cheaper, plus is one of the best games ever and it just got better coming to xbox live.

VenoM
02-02-2003, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by Flood-XBA
what does Black History Month have to do with PSO??

he means boycotting...just like rosa did with the bus thing.....anyways..i think we should all boycott games for awhile....developers are getting out of hand charging 50 freaking bucks for a damn game....i remember when pc games were no more then 20 or 30 bucks now there all freaking 50 bucks and thats cause pc developers see that people are willing to pay that much for a console game why not pc game......as for the pso deal...."F" them bastages...no way i would pay a fee...sega isnt even maintaining a server for pso...ms is so sega has no reason to charge there just charging cause they wanna make an extra buck....sometimes i see now why people have to resort to pirating....these developers are all money hungry bastages:mad:

Shadow20002
02-02-2003, 07:44 AM
I don't want to pay a fee to play a game. :rolleyes:

clientkiller
02-02-2003, 08:09 AM
i heard that sega are hosting the servers on their sega.com setup. i dunno whats gonna happen in europe tho because sega closed the europe part down. i bet they just won't bring it out in europe

carlbme
02-02-2003, 08:30 AM
I wont be purchasing it. I didn't pay 50 for live so that I could pay an extra monthly fee as well. PSO is/was a good game, but not worth that much.

CrazyCougar
02-02-2003, 08:46 AM
Welcome to the new trend guys. Sega is the first to try it, but expect many more developers to follow in Sega's footsteps. As for console games being $50, that will never change. It costs them about $7 a game to manufacture (thats producing cd/packaging and shipping), then you have to pay all those guys who's names you see in the game credits. Only time you will see the price drop is once the game goes greatest hits or doesnt do well.

Personally I am willing to pay a monthly fee for a game. PSO, no thanks, dont care for this game at all. But a good sports game I would pay. Why? Well if people are paying to play then leagues will be more competitive and people will actually play their games. Just my opinion on the monthly charge of course.

Slick
02-02-2003, 09:28 AM
http://www.petitiononline.com/syngori/petition.html

sign it

And no the first 12 months of PSO are not free. You must pay.

Duke
02-02-2003, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Slick
[url]

And no the first 12 months of PSO are not free. You must pay.

The first 2 months are.

No Fear 23
02-02-2003, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by DukeBuckhorn
The first 2 months are.

then u can quit after that

lol

Highlite23
02-02-2003, 10:54 AM
As far as PSO goes, i'm buying it......but I'm not paying the additional cost for on-line play. I like the game on it's own.

I think a better message is that we gamers are willing to buy quality games, but won't be paying any extra.

So i guess i would be concerned if i were Sega or any other Co. wanting to do this on XBOX, PS2 or GC.

Game sells great.......
But no extra on-line cash is coming from it.

Just my opinion of course.;)

LynxFX
02-02-2003, 03:48 PM
I don't pay fees per game. Sorry, just won't happen ever. If the game is good enough on its own I'll still get it and just won't play it online. I have no interest in PSO so that doesn't matter anyway.

Sadly internet petitions don't have the flux they did in the beginning. Those that say internet petitions never work however, must not remember Divx(circuit city) and Willy Wonka widescreen, Cats & Dogs widescreen. All changed because of online petitions.

But now a simple phone call, email or a snail mail letter has as much pull as a 1000 petition signatures.

Yannie Boy
02-02-2003, 05:37 PM
im gonna buy it but play it offline with some friends............it's not worth it to pay ten a month just to play

LynxFX
02-02-2003, 05:58 PM
I think it is pretty lame that you still need a Live account just to play the game Offline.

Yannie Boy
02-02-2003, 06:02 PM
what?????you need an account to play offline?????? but how is that gonna work?? will they block you from playing if they don't find an accont in your HD??

shrew king
02-02-2003, 06:55 PM
I am not going to pay a monthly fee for any game, if that is what the future of console gaming will turn out to be, you can count me out.

clutch
02-02-2003, 06:59 PM
I picking this game up , I already have my copy pre-ordered.

VeNoMiZA
02-02-2003, 07:03 PM
have u guys forgot what if this game is system link? hahah we will be playikng on xbconnect hahahahahahah

xboxman_1
02-02-2003, 10:09 PM
what?????you need an account to play offline?????? but how is that gonna work?? will they block you from playing if they don't find an accont in your HD??

I think it'll ask you your gamertag and such when you are creating a profile or something.

LTM360
02-03-2003, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by VenoM
developers are getting out of hand charging 50 freaking bucks for a damn game......

Maybe so...but arn't you forgetting that NES games used to cost $70? hm... I'm not gonna complain too much about $50.

Kraft
02-03-2003, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by LTM360
Maybe so...but arn't you forgetting that NES games used to cost $70? hm... I'm not gonna complain too much about $50.

I wouldn't have a problem with just 50 bucks for this game... But fifty bucks for the game, fifty bucks to get on live and 110 dollars a year to play? I read somewhere that sega is charging to "help then continue support the game and release new downloadable quests and content. Unless they are planning on giving me an entire games worth of content every 6 months, I will just take my money and buy a new game off the shelves instead.

TheCovenant
02-03-2003, 02:41 PM
i am completely against fee's for games, especially if a game is FREE on another console.

(i.e. Dreamcast)

and gamecube owners already have so many upgrades, that the xbox version will seem "dated" compared to the gamecube version, and there will be no catch up patch.

to add to this, this game (both versions) have benn widely available for 3 years, and because they are bringing it to next generation consoles, they expect us to pay top dollar for an old dreamcast game? I mean, i can understand star wars galaxies, it's a massive enviroment that shapes as it's players evolve, and with modern graphics and gameplay, why not? seems reasonable.

Not for a "port" of a three year old game, that used to be free. I think KOTOR, sudeki, fable, B.C., and even galaxies will keep me busy enough so that PSO will remain a distant dream.....or nightmare?

Kraft
02-03-2003, 02:44 PM
Not that I don't agree with most of what you said, but I just thought I would point out it wasn't free for dreamcast, you still had to pay the sega.net fee.

TheCovenant
02-03-2003, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Kraft-XBA
Not that I don't agree with most of what you said, but I just thought I would point out it wasn't free for dreamcast, you still had to pay the sega.net fee.

but that was for all online dreamcast games.
We pay an xbox live fee, that covers all xbox games.......well, most of them anyways.

DZNUTZ
02-03-2003, 03:25 PM
to be sweet and to the point.
NO..i will not be buying PSO

Evil_Dr_Beefy
02-04-2003, 02:16 AM
it sounds alot like bait and switch. I thought one of the major selling point of the xbox live service was that you could play all of the xbox live games for just the fee you paid to microsoft to run the servers and security..Now after the first year is up you have to pay a monthly fee for the xboxlive service and a fee to play a single special game. What i don't like about PSO is that you won't be able to play with people in other parts of the world, you will only be able to play players only in the us /can/mex..... europe and japan is a no-no No i won't be buying or playing phantasy star online for the xbox(and most of the people i have spoken too won't either. the extra fee killed the dream for most people).....why are they porting a three year old game anyway? why didn't they give us a whole new game? You notice how most of the japanese game companies are porting over older games for the xbox? Very few seem to be making new games for the xbox

DeaDfeTuS666
02-06-2003, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by Evil_Dr_Beefy
it sounds alot like bait and switch. I thought one of the major selling point of the xbox live service was that you could play all of the xbox live games for just the fee you paid to microsoft to run the servers and security..Now after the first year is up you have to pay a monthly fee for the xboxlive service and a fee to play a single special game. What i don't like about PSO is that you won't be able to play with people in other parts of the world, you will only be able to play players only in the us /can/mex..... europe and japan is a no-no No i won't be buying or playing phantasy star online for the xbox(and most of the people i have spoken too won't either. the extra fee killed the dream for most people).....why are they porting a three year old game anyway? why didn't they give us a whole new game? You notice how most of the japanese game companies are porting over older games for the xbox? Very few seem to be making new games for the xbox good post man....i think its rediculous that they made it so U NEED A XBL account to play OFFLINE so GHEY......http://smilies.crowd9.com/otn/sad/mecry.gif

Cloud Strife
02-18-2003, 12:10 PM
I'm really ticked at Microsoft right now for not taking out the feature that requires me to have an Xbox Live account to play PSO Episodes I & II. I was looking forward to this game more than anything. Now there is no good Xbox Live games to get other than Capcom vs. SNK 2 E.O. I hate to say this but I may be taking another console online because it has a few upcoming online games I really want.

MerimacHamwich
02-18-2003, 12:25 PM
Burning Ranger, your comments are so utterly unbelievable. "No good online games for xbox"...:rolleyes:

Microsoft having control over whether you need to input your gamertag in a game developed and produced by a completely different company...:rolleyes:

Give me a break already.

Cloud Strife
02-18-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
Burning Ranger, your comments are so utterly unbelievable. "No good online games for xbox"...:rolleyes:

Microsoft having control over whether you need to input your gamertag in a game developed and produced by a completely different company...:rolleyes:

Give me a break already. I don't like MechAssault, Ghost Reacon, First person shooters, and Sports games.

MerimacHamwich
02-18-2003, 12:37 PM
No they aren't... You have the option to cancel your subscription if you want to. You don't even have xbox live so how did you come up with this theory of Microsoft automatically charging for your second year?

MerimacHamwich
02-18-2003, 12:43 PM
Why in the blue hel-l would you cancel your subscription if you wanted to keep it?

LynxFX
02-18-2003, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
Yeah, but then you would have to go throught the setop process again ad get a new gamertag.
But you are perfectly fine with having to go through the entire process for EVERY SINGLE GAME you get for the PS2?

No offense to you BR but your posts as of late are really bordering on fanboyish and trolling. We are all entitled to our opinions but your excessive insistance of your opinion in any and all threads is getting redundant and just overall tiresome. This could be one reason why you are tending to get more negative responses rather than positive since your return.

Cloud Strife
02-18-2003, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx-XBA
But you are perfectly fine with having to go through the entire process for EVERY SINGLE GAME you get for the PS2?

No offense to you BR but your posts as of late are really bordering on fanboyish and trolling. We are all entitled to our opinions but your excessive insistance of your opinion in any and all threads is getting redundant and just overall tiresome. This could be one reason why you are tending to get more negative responses rather than positive since your return. All right. I'll take the responsibilty and delete some of my post with not very nice things said. Sorry about that. I have changed since I did leave for a little bit.

LynxFX
02-18-2003, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
All right. I'll take the responsibilty and delete some of my post with not very nice things said. Sorry about that. I have changed since I did leave for a little bit.
It's ok, and you don't have to delete stuff nor are we forcing you to. It is just a suggestion to tone it down a bit. :)