PDA

View Full Version : EA Sports going Live?

Chiefroberts
02-02-2003, 01:40 AM
Does anybody know for sure if EA is going to be making sport games that will be availabe for xbox live?

Please give a responce.

# 1 Stunner
02-02-2003, 07:37 AM
prolly not bc ea games blow all due to the fact they are like 100 pwercent with sony,i was pizzed i loved their sports games

CrazyCougar
02-02-2003, 08:39 AM
As of now EA will not support LIVE due to the fact Microsoft has control over the servers only. If Microsoft continues to be stubborn in this fact you will not see any EA games support LIVE anytime soon.

carlbme
02-02-2003, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by CrazyCougar-XBA
As of now EA will not support LIVE due to the fact Microsoft has control over the servers only. If Microsoft continues to be stubborn in this fact you will not see any EA games support LIVE anytime soon.

Stubborn in that fact generally means that the chances of monthly fee's are less. So it can be a good thing.

CrazyCougar
02-02-2003, 08:59 AM
I have to disagree. You will still see monthly fees sooner or later including Microsoft titles. Its only a matter of time before this is unveiled. Microsoft, as they always are, are stubborn to their own products and do not want to divulge any information to third party companies. On this fact I do not like Microsoft for that and was almost a reason I did not buy an xbox. I refused to by one at launch but then came around in March of 2002.

But i still do not agree with Microsoft or their business practices..LOL!

Hitman101
02-02-2003, 09:03 AM
EA probably whats to try and bring XBL down by making there own servers and charging lots of money for it.

hiter101
02-02-2003, 01:30 PM
EA can go fudge themselves :mad:

I HATE EA and i will not buy a single game for what they did to the command and conquer series

M$ is less ruthless in the dominance then EA
At least M$ kill your company fast EA takes there time :rolleyes:

ARONO129
02-02-2003, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by carlbme
Stubborn in that fact generally means that the chances of monthly fee's are less. So it can be a good thing.

I would hate to end up paying a monthy fee to M$ and then a fee to EA s(PORTS) as well. I won't even consider their NHL seies next year and if I bought basketball it would be from Sega. If Madden isn't Live enabled I will probably skip it. They are a very inconsisitant company. Some sports titles are great and others stink.

LynxFX
02-02-2003, 03:22 PM
I think you have double standards if you are saying that Microsoft is being stubborn for wanting complete control over their Live servers. What do you think EA wants? They refuse to budge either. So who else is being stubborn here? :rolleyes:

Overall I have to side with MS on this one. Consistancy in the servers is a good thing. One number for tech support is a good thing. One username, password is a good thing. Look how messed up PS2's online service is. That is because everyone is allowed to do their own thing. Sorry but I get enough of that on the PC.

I'm not shy in saying that EA can take it up the poop chute.

CrazyCougar
02-02-2003, 03:47 PM
Personally I dont think I can ever side with MS. They will be, have been and always will be trying to monopolize the industry. EA has every right as do other companies to run servers for their own games. I just think MS gets a little to high on the hog to often. Does EA do this? Yeah probably so as they are one of the largest software developers out there. But I think MS should give EA a chance and see what happens.

LynxFX
02-02-2003, 04:07 PM
I don't trust EA's quality though. Sure they are one of the biggest software developers but they are far from the best. Too often do they release buggy games just to get them out and then take forever to release a patch. Take BF1942, a great game that I play alot, but was plagued with tons of bugs, especially online. This is why I don't want each developer to have to or be allowed to come up with their own servers. It adds way too many variables that can bring the system down or become inconsistent with the rest of the network.

Of course I don't think MS's online network is the best right now. They really have to start setting up dedicated servers for every game. No more of the P2P crap. I don't think they are trying to monopolize the industry when it comes to Live. It is their network and their product. It isn't like they are trying to get PS2 to join their Live network or GC for that matter.

IMO, EA is being the spoiled brat in this situation.

Zion
02-02-2003, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by CrazyCougar-XBA

Stubborn is a good thing. EA does not like the one gamertag idea, and they want to be able to charge whatever they want per month.

Screw EA. Good riddance.

MerimacHamwich
02-02-2003, 10:08 PM
I would say, take the line of belief that they wont. EA is notorious for making the worst possible gameplay experince on xbox as is possible.