PDA

View Full Version : Morrowind--Merchant ??

samslophead
02-02-2003, 04:33 PM
Which merchants in the game have the most money. I have a lot of stuff that I want to sell. The Creeper in Caldera buys stuff for almost face value, but he only has 5000 gold. I need to know of someone with a lot of money (20,000+ gold if possible) that doesn't try to rip me off.

Morrowing Lord
02-02-2003, 04:43 PM
thats really the richist merchant your gona find.your not gona be able to sell items for anywear near face value if you dont have a high mercentile skill.what you can do is sell 5000 worth of stuff to the guy then wait 24 hours and he will have 5000 to buy more items off of you

samslophead
02-02-2003, 05:47 PM
That sucks. Ok, are there any merchants with more than 15,000 gold? I've heard of a mudcrab or something that sells items.

Morrowing Lord
02-02-2003, 08:16 PM
someone with a stratagy guide would know that one.i mastred the game without one.the best way ,for me, to get alot of money fast and easy was to kill the ordenators at vivic and sell there equipment to the armorer in the foriegn quater.it also help build my skills as an added bonus,those ordinaors were though back when i was level 20.

Dulacc
02-02-2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by samslophead
That sucks. Ok, are there any merchants with more than 15,000 gold? I've heard of a mudcrab or something that sells items.

There is a mudcrab merchant in the game. He has a 10,000 gold supply.

You can find him on a little island next to an island with dwemer ruins on it East of Vivec. If you search for 'mudcrab merchant' in the forums, there is a post that has pictures of the location. The mudcrab merchant only buys alcohol, weapons, and armor.

samslophead
02-02-2003, 09:03 PM
sweet....thanks a lot guys

xboxman_1
02-02-2003, 10:21 PM
Both the Creeper and the mudcrab buy things for face value. You probably werent getting full value because they were damaged or something. And what I did, was seel something, and take bake things so I was getting the full $5000, sleep a day, sell all the stuff I got, sleep more, and so on. i have about 5000 some days on my game.

TheCovenant
02-03-2003, 03:28 PM
i heard about that mud crab too, never really attemted to find it though. the creep keeps me rich enough.....

samslophead
02-03-2003, 10:43 PM
Yeah, there really is no reason to go to the mudcrab. I'm stupid and I didn't realize that all I had to do was buy a bunch of items from the Creeper that were less than 5,000, so he would have more gold. I then just sold everything back to him and waited 24 hours right next to the guy. It works fine. I make a decent amount of cash b/c I killed a lone ordinator, but had my bounty dropped. Now every time I walk into the plaza of the Foreign Quarter in Vivec, an ordinator attacks me. It's great b/c it's not considered breaking the law when I kill him and take his stuff b/c he attacked me first. It has happened 4 times so far.

rwingd23
02-07-2003, 09:26 PM
yea i got the same problem i stole some really phat stuff from the mages guild in balamora one thing was worth like 6000 and onther was 60000 and i cant sell any of it