PDA

View Full Version : Force Feedback

jnex26
05-27-2001, 08:49 PM
Microsoft have been making some very good PC products recently and i have to say that i have every one of microsoft's force feedback devices "wheel and flight stick" what would be good if microsoft could patch force feedback to the Xbox as i have had enough of this dual shock idea any one who has played Colin MC-ray rally 2 on the PC with force feedback then played on the PS with dual shock will know what I mean

Force Feedback is the way to go as dual scok is just juddering where as with force feed back you can feel the texture of the surface and what the model is doing

Personally i would like to see a console get some of the advantages of a PC for example Voice Recon. , Force Feed Back, High Res, Ect.....

Microsoft has forfilled everything but one the Force feedback

Aaron
05-27-2001, 10:27 PM
Xbox controller does have force feedback... The flight yoke and steering wheel that are planned have it as well

jnex26
05-27-2001, 11:11 PM
There is a diffrence between a Shock Pad and Force Feedback

I am aware that the pad does have a shock mech however it's no force feedback and I beleive the existing microsoft force feedback devices should work with the xbox with a cheap adapter as the force feedback devices cost about £100 and expecting Pc users to buy a second feedback steringwheel is a bit rude

If microsoft had put in a gyroscopic motivator that would make the controller force feedback and would be very impressive however i very much doubt that has been done as it would make the controller very hard to hold

Aaron
05-29-2001, 11:07 PM
they might. Only time will tell