PDA

View Full Version : The games are 'EXPENSIVE' :-(

Cannibal Corpse
11-27-2001, 01:18 AM
I know, I know, even before you start flaming me, let me clarify that ALL console games (even PC) are expensive.

I mean I have spent $324 on XBox system, $90 on MONSTER CABLEs and honestly I can NOT afford to buy games for $50 a pop.

Granted I have a kick-ass setup (see the link below), but still these games add up. Besides I just beat HALO (rent the game) and don't see why I should have bought it. I have also rent PGR, ODD WORLD and SHREK. (I bought DOA3 though)

http://www.slip.net/~tooryani/XBox/friends_2.jpg.JPG

http://www.slip.net/~tooryani/XBox/friends_1.jpg.JPG

You comments, are greatly appreciated. (no immature responses please!) :D

Cthugg
11-27-2001, 01:23 AM
i kno games are so pricey..
how do u like xbox? i dont know which system to get..xbox or ps2..wanna gave me some pointers and your advice? thanks..

Cannibal Corpse
11-27-2001, 01:35 AM
Get the XBox, because if you get PS2, most of its games will be released on XBox with better graphics and sound. (like the upcoming Metal Gear Solid X) or ONIMUSHA GENMAN.

I am VERY happy that I didn't wait for a PS2 for 10 hours last year though :D

sinizuh
11-27-2001, 01:35 AM
games here are $75! (canadian)

*looks at pictures*

:eek: :eek: :eek:

nice setup. Big tv, badass speakers, ps2, xbox, dreamcast, a little GT3 setup (right?), not to mention (what it looks like) a bookcase full of microsoft software ;) what is that exactly?

/me wants ps2 for thps3, gta3, ffx and mgs2. and gc for ssbm (online if it was online)

why can't there be only one console and all games are for that? it would make so much money!

Cannibal Corpse
11-27-2001, 01:38 AM
Oh, those books are Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional MCSE Preparation Kits (the exams are VERY tough) althoug I am an MCP. ;)

Thanks for the complemets though :D

Rancey
11-27-2001, 02:11 AM
It would be nice to think one console would work better sinizuh, but all this competition means better games...even if we have to buy more than one console unfortunately

sinizuh
11-27-2001, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by Jason-XBA
It would be nice to think one console would work better sinizuh, but all this competition means better games...even if we have to buy more than one console unfortunately

competition between game companies... not hardware developers...

with one console, there is alot of room of competition. well, maybe not as much, but there is still alot... and everyone gets what they want.

one $499 console with all the games on it or three $199-$299 consoles with random limited games?

Ninja Scroll
11-27-2001, 02:57 PM
Nice set up slim, but dont trip up on all those wires! Im not getting my Xbox until (between) Dec 1st- 15th, pending I can find one:confused:
But yo, that thing is huge:eek:
Poor little Dreamcast. I still love my DC though.
Anyways, I totally agree with you on the expensive $50.00 a game.
I make good money but geeezzz. Where's the $39.99 games at!?
Most of the launch titles are lacking and are most def not worth my hard earned $50.00 beans!!!

Oh well, what can you do
:confused:

P.S. I wished I had the limited edition black Sega Sports DC:mad:

Cannibal Corpse
11-27-2001, 03:18 PM
I could have sold my 'Black' Dreamcast system to you if I had not given it away as a gift! :D

l Maximus l
11-27-2001, 03:30 PM
Cannibal...not to pick on you too badly, but, for someone who complains about money, you sure have a lot of expensive software and hardware. If you ask me, the time and effort put into these games is worth a mere $50 to me.

Eventually, games will come down in price after they have been on the market long enough. If it is an absolute killer to pay $50, hold off for a while until the price comes down. In the meantime, maybe buy a couple or rent some games until they come down...whatever your opportunity cost looks like.

As for deciding on whether to get an XBox or a PS2, it's a no brainer. The clear answer is XBox. Why? First off, both systems are the same retail price: $299.99. However, the XBox has an 8 Gig hard-drive, standard...also, built in broadband for on-line gaming, standard...four controller ports instead of PS2's two ports...And XBox will have many exclusive gaming titles and almost every game title PS2 has but the graphics will be better and they may or will have additional levels and more activity on the screen all at once. Besides, with selected games, you can also listen to your own personal CD collection instead of listening to the default game music. Try doing that on a PoS2. Last, but certainly not least, Sega is making many exclusive titles for XBox and everyone knows that Sega is one of the top gaming companies. Sega is only one of over 220 third party companies making games for XBox. Let the games begin :D

aronx
11-27-2001, 05:57 PM
Over Thanksgiving weekend a friend of mine brought his Atari over. He had all the original boxes for the games. Most them were $35 to $40 bucks. So shut up!!

mattcoxonline
11-28-2001, 03:52 PM
You think you're getting ripped off.! Here in the UK we pay £300 roughly converted into $415 for the console alone....

....and £45 ($65) for games.....

....£30 for the DVD kit.....($42)

...consider yourself lucky