PDA

View Full Version : Xbox To Halt Production First Half Of 2k3!

tss
02-03-2003, 07:42 PM
This article: XBOX Sales Worse Than Expected (http://seriousfix.com/nuke/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=260&mode=flat&order=0&thold=-1) ... comes staight from the M$ Partner Newsletter. This is scary. It seems that M$ has cut production of its hardware to almost half. They have told hardware suppliers and vendors not to expect any order in the first half of 2K3 ... and to expect little over half the next quarter.

My questions to all of you: What will we do without XBOX? Will if fall like the Dreamcast? Or will M$ pull out of this?

Personally, this is my favorite console. I love the GC and like my PS2 ... but the XBOX has the best online play. What will happen to all the Mechassault tourneys? Or to the fun online trash talking? Or to the friends we have made playing these games?

I really hope M$ will pull out of this. It really scares me.

LynxFX
02-03-2003, 07:51 PM
They are just following the supply vs. demand model. Every manufacturer does this and with electronic components it is very important. Why make a million units for $300 now when you know you won't sell half of those, when you can make half now for $300 and half next month for $250. You save money by not having to store your high cost components in a warehouse.

When demand increases, so will incentive to up the supply. After holidays are typically slow months so why would they pump out high volumes of Xboxes at a premium cost to them?

Nothing is happening to the Xbox. It isn't going away this year, or next. Microsoft isn't going bankrupt. Enough with these naysayer posts. :rolleyes:

carlbme
02-03-2003, 07:58 PM
Can you post your source? I recieve the monthly Microsoft for Partners Newsletter and I have never read anything of that sort.

And if what you say is true, the re-read what was posted above.

tss
02-03-2003, 08:49 PM
My source was from an email a friend of mine received from M$. I was sure it was a partner email, since he MIS for a company that partners with M$.

Maybe I am worried about nothing. I wasn't trying to be a naysayer ... I was hoping someone could put this into perspective ... and this looks pretty good.

Thanks for your comments.

Xbox Owner
02-03-2003, 09:09 PM
Just don't know why.. I don't believe that source. I don't know why, maybe because it's your site. :rolleyes:

I mean, I'll believe it if I see it on another site.

Why would your friend get a email saying that?:confused:

kachingtensor
02-03-2003, 09:52 PM
I dislike hyperlinking out of these forums for no good reason, since you can't just back button in.

The writer of that little POS doesn't even seem to know that Sony and Nintendo were making a profit on console hardware units up until the latest price cuts last year.

Xbox boards get the worst trolls, because so many of them try to stealth in and claim to be Xbox supporters. I guess they have deluded themselves into thinking that Microsoft is "Evil Incarnate", and that "anything is moral in [their] 'holy mission' against 'Evil'."

Crap.:mad:

HaloMasterVI
02-04-2003, 03:37 PM
If Xbox dies off, you can bet that I've lost hope in humanity...

50 MILLION buy incredibly overpriced inferior POS, XBox is looked at as a joke...PATHETIC. Bunch of idiots.

MerimacHamwich
02-04-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx-XBA
They are just following the supply vs. demand model. Every manufacturer does this and with electronic components it is very important. Why make a million units for $300 now when you know you won't sell half of those, when you can make half now for $300 and half next month for $250. You save money by not having to store your high cost components in a warehouse.

When demand increases, so will incentive to up the supply. After holidays are typically slow months so why would they pump out high volumes of Xboxes at a premium cost to them?

Nothing is happening to the Xbox. It isn't going away this year, or next. Microsoft isn't going bankrupt. Enough with these naysayer posts. :rolleyes:
^^^^^
Listen to that man. He knows what he is talking about.

tss
02-04-2003, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by kachingtensor
I dislike hyperlinking out of these forums for no good reason, since you can't just back button in.

The writer of that little POS doesn't even seem to know that Sony and Nintendo were making a profit on console hardware units up until the latest price cuts last year.

Xbox boards get the worst trolls, because so many of them try to stealth in and claim to be Xbox supporters. I guess they have deluded themselves into thinking that Microsoft is "Evil Incarnate", and that "anything is moral in [their] 'holy mission' against 'Evil'."

Crap.:mad:

Yes. I am a troll ... goof. Look, friend, I love my XBOX. I am not trolling around. You are paranoid. :mad:

The source was an MS letter entitled "WinInfo Daily UPDATE, February 3, 2003." The people who have a problem with what I posted here ... grow up. :mad: Learn how to communicate in a mature manner without spouting off at people. :p

Everyone else with good information and opinions, thank you. I appreciate it. :)

shrew king
02-04-2003, 07:36 PM
I can't believe someone can't post something negative about the Xbox without being bashed. He told you where he got the source, it is an informative post.

My questions to all of you: What will we do without XBOX? Will if fall like the Dreamcast? Or will M$ pull out of this?

Xbox isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

tss
02-04-2003, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by shrew king
I can't believe someone can't post something negative about the Xbox without being bashed. He told you where he got the source, it is an informative post.

Xbox isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Thanks, man. I appreciate it.

ARONO129
02-04-2003, 09:56 PM
I think that anyone who has an Xbox is concerned. But with what Microsoft is worth. That's like one of us losing $50.

M$ isn't in the console business to lose $ but I thinks they have their sights set for when the PS3 comes out.

Also I think their ego and reputation won't let them pull out now.

Knight
02-04-2003, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by tss
This article: XBOX Sales Worse Than Expected (http://seriousfix.com/nuke/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=260&mode=flat&order=0&thold=-1) ... comes staight from the M$ Partner Newsletter. This is scary. It seems that M$ has cut production of its hardware to almost half. They have told hardware suppliers and vendors not to expect any order in the first half of 2K3 ... and to expect little over half the next quarter.

Personally, this is my favorite console. I love the GC and like my PS2 ... but the XBOX has the best online play. What will happen to all the Mechassault tourneys? Or to the fun online trash talking? Or to the friends we have made playing these games?

Production will be halted on the gc long before Production XBox will be and the gc is last eveywhere but japan. And I have a pc with alot pc games I can play.

plpkb
02-09-2003, 01:01 PM
they arent ordering more parts because they already have enough out their at this time. Would you like them to build warehouses of xboxs for no reason

Unreal
02-12-2003, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by tss

You dont get out much do you? :rolleyes: