PDA

View Full Version : fixing xbox games

taylormanazn
02-04-2003, 07:39 PM
anyone know if it is possible to fix xbox games the same way it is to fix cds and dvds? they do it at gameforce and game exchange, but I've never tried it

Snake Eyez
02-04-2003, 08:00 PM
I read several members say that it is possible to fix some minor scratches with products such as DVD Doctor. Others have said that applying wax to some games fixes the problems.

Kraft
02-04-2003, 08:28 PM
You can use a disk doctor or similar product, this just scrapes a layer of plastic off the bottom of the disk. And as snake mentioned, I usually use car wax. Instead of scraping the plastic off to level the scratches, the wax fills the scratches and makes it readable again. Neither of those work very well for deep scratches though.

xboxman_1
02-04-2003, 10:18 PM
Can you boil a regular game? or is that just for demo's?

(they shouldnt be different right?)

Snake Eyez
02-04-2003, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by xboxman_1
Can you boil a regular game? or is that just for demo's?

(they shouldnt be different right?)

The boiling thing is not to fix the scratches. It's to get rid of some of the waxy buildup (or something else) that is making the game unreadable. It has nothing to do with scratches.

Gertrude420
02-06-2003, 06:26 PM
wassup dudes. i did reasearch on boiling discs allot awhile back. i just got my xbox then and i bought amped brand new. it gave me the dirty disc error and would not play, i would have to reinsert it like 20 times until it worked!! all my other games work fine so i wasn't about to return it to microsoft, we all know some xboxs have a problem with the dvd drive. boiling discs was just for the xbox magazine demo discs. but i dared do it to my amped. and i must tell u it works allot better. 1/3 times it works on the first try!!, 2/3 it works on the second. this is much better then sittin for 5 mins trying to get it to work, esp when i have 20 other working games i want to play. so yes i must say it helped!, and it didn't damage it, thats for sure. so yah thats pretty kool. there yah go!

Hitman101
02-06-2003, 07:10 PM
Ok people let me clear this up for you, The Disc Dr. does not take a thin layer off the disc its uses a special wax to apply a thin layer to the disc giving it a nice scratchless finish.

Viper87227
02-07-2003, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Hitman101
Ok people let me clear this up for you, The Disc Dr. does not take a thin layer off the disc its uses a special wax to apply a thin layer to the disc giving it a nice scratchless finish.

thats not ture for all of them. My friend has one that buffers away a small layer of the disk. It will fix about anything, but its makes the underside of your CD ugly.