PDA

View Full Version : Copying music files.

Shadow20002
02-04-2003, 10:41 PM
How long does is take to write 10 songs in a row ? I never try that before. Anyone have done it already ?

P.S. 10 songs = around 50 minutes of playtime

carlbme
02-04-2003, 11:03 PM
It depends on how long the songs are. I believe it should be around 5 min for it to copy it into wma format.

canadianboi3
02-05-2003, 07:37 PM
ya 5 minutes seems to be about right to me.

Nato King
02-05-2003, 08:36 PM
I remember when I copyed like 15 songs at one time from on CD and it took like 80min. I left came back left came back left came back. I thought it would never end.:)

mtbaird5687
02-06-2003, 07:04 AM
Yah i copied the Beatles '1' CD, it toook soooo longggg i didnt even feel like listening to it after it was done hehe

JJaX
02-06-2003, 07:24 AM
It takes about 20 minutes for a full length CD. Or maybe 15. :confused:

I just put a CD in and walk away

Shadow20002
02-06-2003, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by JJaX
It takes about 20 minutes for a full length CD. Or maybe 15. :confused:

I just put a CD in and walk away

That's was i though. The Xbox need to decode the files to .WMA then copy it to the Hard Drive. Can we just put WMA files to the CD-RW than the processus will be faster ?

JJaX
02-06-2003, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Shadow20002
That's was i though. The Xbox need to decode the files to .WMA then copy it to the Hard Drive. Can we just put WMA files to the CD-RW than the processus will be faster ?

I dont think the dashboard would recognize WMA files off a CDR-W. But thats just a guess, because ive never tried.

If that were the case i could load up a 80 min CD with a lot of WMA files and just copy them to my xbox HD.

Shadow20002
02-06-2003, 04:12 PM
I will give it a try tonight. If this one works, i will reply. ;)

Mackdad
02-07-2003, 09:24 AM
can xbox read mp3's?
I have sometimes tried to burn audio cds and the majority of the time, it won't read them..
i have so much stuff on my computer that I want on my xbox..
I want to know whether I should make a cd full of mp3's or is there a certain type of cd and cd program that will allow you to burn a cd your xbox will recognize?

JJaX
02-07-2003, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Mackdad
can xbox read mp3's?
I have sometimes tried to burn audio cds and the majority of the time, it won't read them..
i have so much stuff on my computer that I want on my xbox..
I want to know whether I should make a cd full of mp3's or is there a certain type of cd and cd program that will allow you to burn a cd your xbox will recognize?

MP3s will work, but you need to use CDR-Ws and you have to burn it as an Audio CD. So you will only be able to put about 20 tracks on a 80 min CD, as opposed to 100's of MP3 files if it were a Data CD.

Just burn the CDR-W like you were making it for you CD player in your Car or home stereo.

Heres a small list of CDR-Ws that have been confirmed.

TDK 74min CDRW
TDK 80min CDRW
Memorex 74min CDRW
memorex cd-rw 80min
vivastar cdr
Imation 74 CD-RW

Marthafocker218
02-07-2003, 09:19 PM
I have a kind of stupid question, Can i play music on the xbox while running a game at the same time if the music is copied to the hard drive? I would appreciate it if i could get an answer cause it would be kind of cool to play my own music while playing a game in xbox. I know i could just use my cd player, but this way, i wouldn't even need the cd.

JJaX
02-08-2003, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Marthafocker218
I have a kind of stupid question, Can i play music on the xbox while running a game at the same time if the music is copied to the hard drive? I would appreciate it if i could get an answer cause it would be kind of cool to play my own music while playing a game in xbox. I know i could just use my cd player, but this way, i wouldn't even need the cd.

Some games have a custom sound sound track option.

Games like

Ralisport
Tony hawk
DOA Xtreme beach volley ball
Project gotham

And a few more....

SiGuy
02-09-2003, 09:40 PM
A lot of games just go to the options menu and select custom soundtracks or whatever