PDA

View Full Version : Halo: The Flood (The next Halo book.)

SpartanSniper
02-05-2003, 12:35 AM
Yep,we finally have some info on the next Halo book! Here it is, Halo: The Flood (http://www.randomhouse.com/catalog/display.pperl?isbn=0-345-45921-0).

http://www.randomhouse.com/catalog/auto_pic_size_ie.pperl?pic_url=/catalog/covers_450/0-345-45921-0.jpg

MerimacHamwich
02-05-2003, 12:08 PM
Hmm, its just the Halo storyline. I guess I should have expected that.

No Fear 23
02-08-2003, 12:14 AM
is it a prequel to halo 2?

SpartanSniper
02-08-2003, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
Hmm, its just the Halo storyline. I guess I should have expected that. Its obviously going to be different then Halo storyline in ways. If it wasn't different then all that "run and gun" would get very boring, very fast.

It will add extra layers of depth and detail as well as some new perspectives. It may also give us all a little sneek peek into Halo 2.

MerimacHamwich
02-10-2003, 03:37 PM
What you play in Halo is not classified as an official part of the Storyline. If it was then the storyline would be constantly changing. The main storyline/plot will be the same as that in the game.

xboxgamer142
02-11-2003, 06:09 AM
I'll definitely get it! I loved the prequel and this one looks good too. It's too bad that it isn't the same guy who wrote the prequel.

SpartanSniper
04-30-2003, 09:39 PM
William C. Dietz did a great job with Halo: The Flood. In fact, I think he did just as good (if not better) than Eric Nylund did with the first book. I've read Halo: The Flood 2 times and Halo: The Fall of Reach 5+ times. If you haven't read them and you're a Halo fan, then read them both ASAP.

E Nomini Patri
04-30-2003, 11:33 PM
I have read the Fall of Reach 4 times, and the Flood once, and will continue to read it again. The book is definitely a must read for any, and all Halo fans. My only dislike is how the different kills are described by the author, such as, two more shots and the alien warrior fell, then a grenade and two Grunts went down, instead of, the Chief hastily triggered two shots which caught the Elite in the face and the chest, which knocked him off his feet and caused him to fall down the slope. Then, the Chief released the pin on a frag grenade and hurled it at a couple Grunts, who, in a fit of panic, tripped over each other, thus, their lives were ended with a flash and a bang as a thousand fragments, large and small, ripped them to shreds, as the fire from the explosion burned them alive.
(The above instance is not included in the books, although I wish it was :))

Dietz definitely played the game on Easy, and Nylund played the game on Legendary, as his depictions were far more violent and played out, while Dietz toned everything down to a minute proportion, which makes the battles that much less interesting. Although, they were still a very entertaining read, because the battles are of some which you didn't witness on Halo, like where the Marines went on Halo and what kind of resistance they faced. I want to read this book again :)

SpartanSniper
05-01-2003, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by StarWarsFanMan
Dietz definitely played the game on Easy, and Nylund played the game on Legendary, as his depictions were far more violent and played out, while Dietz toned everything down to a minute proportion, which makes the battles that much less interesting. Although, they were still a very entertaining read, because the battles are of some which you didn't witness on Halo, like where the Marines went on Halo and what kind of resistance they faced. I want to read this book again :) Well, writing a 600 page Halo book may not have been exactly what Dietz had in mind. Since that is what would have taken to add excitement to every fight in the book.