PDA

View Full Version : X- Box vs PS2

Neo
05-28-2001, 05:35 AM
Hi all,

Could anyone help me out? I am trying to decide whether to purchase an X-Box or a PS2. Aside from the normal spec differences , what are the real differences?

Also , I am going to be living in Saudi Arabia for the next year , so I will buy it there. I am told that they are in DVD Region 2 , the same as my home , South Africa.Can anyone tell me whether the machine will work when I bring it back to SA? The local PS2 machines are all PAL.

Thanks guys.
Neo.

Aaron
05-28-2001, 10:41 AM
Yes, they should work, although i'm not quite sure about the plug differences and voltage. As for the differences, the ps2 has a mediocre dvd player, and is prone to having the audio desynch to make all your movies look like badly subbed kung fu movies ;) Game wise, all of ps2's giant titles that everyone is excited about, are coming to xbox so that covers that. Overall, the xbox blows the ps2 outta the water, seeing as when xbox launches it will have more real games then ps2 has right now :)

brobbin
07-04-2001, 09:55 AM
I've got a similar question. I'm an American living in Italy, and want to use a xbox in both countires -- adn maybe others. Is the xbox going to be multivolt? Multisystem (NTSC and PAL)? My TV and VCR are both.

Spades
07-04-2001, 12:12 PM
get the x-box. down with PS2