PDA

View Full Version : XbOx RPG's

TiGGerLiAm
02-05-2003, 02:03 PM
I got my xbox for christmas and now have just 4 games and i was thinking of getting another one. My favourite genre is RPG and none of the four games i own are rpg's. I was wondering if anyone had any rpgs for the xbox worth reccommending. I already have morrowind on the pc but it doesn't run great, it runs okay but not great as i only have a p3 500mhz, 128meg ram,
geforce 4 mx440; i'm half tempted to get this but would rather get a good rpg that i have never played. AnY ideas ??

carlbme
02-05-2003, 02:08 PM
Currently Xbox is lacking in this area. However, there are several in development that look rather good.

ThomasHun
02-05-2003, 08:05 PM
True fantasy looks like it could be good, I think that is the name of it. Phantasy Star Online should be good, also.

Nato King
02-05-2003, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by ThomasHun
True fantasy looks like it could be good, I think that is the name of it. Phantasy Star Online should be good, also.

Should be good. Should be great. I feel this game is going to be another Halo. Oh OK well not another Halo but pretty close.:)

Dre
02-05-2003, 09:35 PM
Yo wassup bro.. I hear ya. Xbox is lacking on the RPG front!

Check out Star Wars: KOTOR (www.swkotor.com), thats the next RPG that is coming out that will definitely be a killer.

Xbox is going to be the place for innovative and fun rpgs in the future. You've got Sudeki, True Fantasy Live, Star Wars Galaxies, and the one game to rule them all... Fable.

xboxman_1
02-05-2003, 09:40 PM
Get Morrowind for xbox, its frigging awesome. I doubt it plays at all on that crap factory of a PC.

DeaDfeTuS666
02-06-2003, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by ThomasHun
True fantasy looks like it could be good, I think that is the name of it. Phantasy Star Online should be good, also. well u gotta have a hunters liseance 9 dollars a month to play on XBL and u need XBL to play offline too.....

Shadow20002
02-06-2003, 08:36 AM
If you are very patient...two more months and KOTOR will rules (if no delay) !! ;)

XzaradisX
02-06-2003, 11:22 AM
The thing about mmorpg is the lack story, most people will just hack away and eventually getting bored. Unless you have a great community, such as ultima online was. i remember back in the day when people would block the X crossing roads and force the weaker lvl people to pay a toll, at the time i thought this was cheap but i begin to like it, having the fear that someone might pk me at any point just added excitement. The other thing i like about uo is how the added a cool storyline into the game, there was a point were brit was in a siege almost everyday. Also on the website the had this radio thing where the people of the country mainly the heroes would talk about whats going on in the world of brit.

IF True fantasy is anything as memorable as uo once was, that game should make a killing even though it will make a killing.

baah..rant done

anthrax0r
02-08-2003, 10:32 AM
I do believe suikoden 3 was announced for xbox. Though i did hear that awhile ago, don't quite know if thats true anymore.

IMO that's exactly what the Xbox needs more of, japanese style RPG's.

Arven
02-08-2003, 12:13 PM
Morrowind on the Xbox was my first RPG, and I absolutely loved it. If it doesn't run well on your PC, buy & play it on Xbox...though of course, you won't be able to play the expansion. I guess there's also the Baldur's Gate port, but I liked Morrowind so much more.

Dre hit the nail on the head. We have KOTOR coming out in the next couple of months, and it looks great. Huge Star Wars RPG, developed by Bioware. Then, there's SW: Galaxies, True Fantasy, and Fable later in the year. I heard PS2 was the place to be for RPGs, but so far I've been very disappointed. Morrowind kicks all their turn-based asses.
:D

MerimacHamwich
02-08-2003, 02:43 PM
Here is the list of RPG games on xbox that www.xbox.com has listed.

Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance Interplay Entertainment November 2002 $49.99 Teen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BlackStone: Magic and Steel Xicat Interactive February 2003 $49.99 Teen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Bethesda Softworks June 2002 $49.99 Teen

Fable Microsoft Game Studios Winter 2003 $49.99 Rating Pending

Gladius LucasArts May 2003 $49.99 Rating Pending

Metal Dungeon Xicat Interactive November 2002 $49.99 Teen

Nightcaster II: Equinox Jaleco Entertainment December 2002 $49.99 Teen

Phantasy Star Online Episode I and II Sega Corporation March 2003 $39.99 Teen

Psychonauts Microsoft Game Studios Winter 2003 $49.99 Rating Pending

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic LucasArts Spring 2003 $49.99 Teen

Sudeki Microsoft Game Studios Winter 2003 $49.99 Rating Pending

Liquid Gears
02-08-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by carlbme
Currently Xbox is lacking in this area.

That's a good thing

spartus
02-08-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears
That's a good thing

Wouldn't that be a bad thing? :confused:

MerimacHamwich
02-08-2003, 06:03 PM
It is a bad thing. Its just that guy likes really crappy games I guess. Well crappy in other peoples opinions. RPG's are great.

Fjord
02-10-2003, 05:43 PM
Hey what about Crimson Sea? Didn't that get good reviews?

Unreal
02-12-2003, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by carlbme
Currently Xbox is lacking in this area. However, there are several in development that look rather good.
True. Sudeki, True Fantasy Live Online, Fable and Phatasy Star Online.

Unreal
02-12-2003, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by Fjord
Hey what about Crimson Sea? Didn't that get good reviews?
Yeah it did. The game is fantastic. I am on the final boss now.

MerimacHamwich
02-12-2003, 12:15 PM
Crimson sea is not an RPG.

Unreal
02-13-2003, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
Crimson sea is not an RPG.
It has RPG elements. You have a party with you that you can move around on the grid. Your character levels up, as well as your weapons and you can mix and match items in the game. You also have magic abilities. So I would say it has some RPG elements based on that.

Dre
02-13-2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Unreal
It has RPG elements. You have a party with you that you can move around on the grid. Your character levels up, as well as your weapons and you can mix and match items in the game. You also have magic abilities. So I would say it has some RPG elements based on that.

Elements don't make it an RPG. Hunter: The Reckoning has all those "elements" as well, and its not close to an RPG either. Blinx lets you get more weapons and get clothing and stuff... not an RPG. Many, and I'd say most, games have "rpg elements" to them, it doesn't mean they're RPGs.

Unreal
02-15-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Dre
Elements don't make it an RPG. Hunter: The Reckoning has all those "elements" as well, and its not close to an RPG either. Blinx lets you get more weapons and get clothing and stuff... not an RPG. Many, and I'd say most, games have "rpg elements" to them, it doesn't mean they're RPGs.
The games you mentioned dont even come close to what Crimson Sea offers. Baldur's Gater: Dark Alliance is closer to an RPG in the sense as well. (North America) Most people think that a game has to play like Final Fantasy for it to be considered an RPG. That is not against you. I am not saying Crimson Sea is an RPG but it does offer some of the characteristics your traditional RPG offers.

MerimacHamwich
02-15-2003, 04:53 PM
Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance is an RPG.

Unreal
02-16-2003, 12:23 PM
Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance is an RPG.
True but I consider stuff like Grandia 2 or Skies Of Arcadia to be TRUE rpgs.

Cloud Strife
02-18-2003, 12:32 PM
RPG games. Xbox only has Phantasy Star Online and Metal Dungeon as far as RPG games are concerened. Crimson Sea is kind of an RPG but not enough. That's why I don't look to my Xbox for my RPG needs. I go to my Playstation because I like Squaresoft, Enix, SCEI and Working Designs RPG games. But this is just my opinion though.:)

MerimacHamwich
02-18-2003, 12:36 PM
Burning Ranger, you have to be the most clueless and ignorant fool I have ever come across. Did you even read through the thread.

"Here is the list of RPG games on xbox that www.xbox.com has listed.
Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance Interplay Entertainment November 2002 $49.99 Teen
BlackStone: Magic and Steel Xicat Interactive February 2003 $49.99 Teen
Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Bethesda Softworks June 2002 $49.99 Teen
Fable Microsoft Game Studios Winter 2003 $49.99 Rating Pending
Gladius LucasArts May 2003 $49.99 Rating Pending
Metal Dungeon Xicat Interactive November 2002 $49.99 Teen
Phantasy Star Online Episode I and II Sega Corporation March 2003 $39.99 Teen
Psychonauts Microsoft Game Studios Winter 2003 $49.99 Rating Pending
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic LucasArts Spring 2003 $49.99 Teen
Sudeki Microsoft Game Studios Winter 2003 $49.99 Rating Pending"

MerimacHamwich
02-18-2003, 12:44 PM
No, I think Microsoft knows what is an RPG and what isn't. Using that knowledge they posted a list of RPG games that are on the xbox. You do realize that, that isn't even all of the RPG's that are on Xbox and that will be.

Shadow20002
02-18-2003, 02:27 PM

I never though that Nightcaster 2 is been placed in the category RPG. Anyone have played the game already ? Can someone tell me something about ? :rolleyes: