PDA

View Full Version : What game made u buy your Xbox?

Ninja Scroll
11-27-2001, 01:39 PM
I intend to purchase my Xbox between the 1st - the 15th of December ( pending I can find a system around that time! ) and the title that is a system seller for me will be DOA3.
I may pick up 1 or 2 other games just for the heck of it before WWF Raw comes out, but right now it's all about Dead Or Alive 3.
What (1) launch game made you drop the $299.99 for the PS2 killer?

sorry about da DOA number screw up!:eek:

VAN
11-27-2001, 01:47 PM
I bought the XBOX for the XBOX itself. The decision to purchase the console was made immediately after MS announced the release date--decent games, or lack thereof had no impact on my decision.

I am a dyed in the wool gamer, and as such must have the latest gaming hardware no matter what. :)

Of course the fact that the XBOX debuted with one of the greatest libraries of launch titles in history--that didn't hurt either. :D

SciFi
11-27-2001, 01:49 PM
upcomeing: EGO!!!!!!!

l Maximus l
11-27-2001, 04:09 PM
Ninja...by the way, it's DOA3, not 2...I heard that the game is absolutely amazing eventhough I haven't see that game in action yet.

I bought the XBox because of several reasons. 1. Microsoft - because they are the most innovative companies in the world and they provide huge value and go to no end to win over the competition. 2. The console features - It is the only one with a hard drive to save your games on instead of stupid expansion packs only and you can play your own personal CD collection while playing selected games...this is so awesome!!! 3. All of the games not only have beautiful graphics, but the gameplay is great, the controllers are great. Add all of this with the fact that the XBox doesn't look like a tacky peice of equipment like a purple barbie oven (GameCube) or a book stop (PoS2). :D

terrapin
11-27-2001, 04:32 PM
The features were a big factor for me. Also having Sega as a third party developer didn't hurt.

Robmx250
11-27-2001, 04:39 PM
RAW IS WAR!!!!!!!!!!!

aronx
11-27-2001, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
Ninja...by the way, it's DOA3, not 2...I heard that the game is absolutely amazing eventhough I haven't see that game in action yet.

I bought the XBox because of several reasons. 1. Microsoft - because they are the most innovative companies in the world and they provide huge value and go to no end to win over the competition. 2. The console features - It is the only one with a hard drive to save your games on instead of stupid expansion packs only and you can play your own personal CD collection while playing selected games...this is so awesome!!! 3. All of the games not only have beautiful graphics, but the gameplay is great, the controllers are great. Add all of this with the fact that the XBox doesn't look like a tacky peice of equipment like a purple barbie oven (GameCube) or a book stop (PoS2). :D

I think this list should have an asterik by it. The asterik should read:
*Maximus is a loyal subject of Microsoft inc. We here at Microsoft believe he takes brainwashing well. Because, come on, how else could we convince him we are "innovative". I mean, we stole the idea of windows from the freaking Mac folks. And since we hold a monopoly (almost) over every other OS out there, some of which we admit are far superior to ours, people are forced to use us as their featured OS.

I love the selling point: "the gameplay is great and the controllers are great". Thats what sold me on the system. That and the fact that the GC and PS2 "suck". Thats a fuking convincing argument!!

BTW - I'm still disgusted Microsoft has $500 of my money.

l Maximus l
11-27-2001, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by aronx

I think this list should have an asterik by it. The asterik should read:
*Maximus is a loyal subject of Microsoft inc. We here at Microsoft believe he takes brainwashing well. Because, come on, how else could we convince him we are "innovative". I mean, we stole the idea of windows from the freaking Mac folks. And since we hold a monopoly (almost) over every other OS out there, some of which we admit are far superior to ours, people are forced to use us as their featured OS.

I love the selling point: "the gameplay is great and the controllers are great". Thats what sold me on the system. That and the fact that the GC and PS2 "suck". Thats a fuking convincing argument!!

BTW - I'm still disgusted Microsoft has $500 of my money.

Aronx...pull your diapers out of your crack and return your XBox so someone else can enjoy it. Why in the hell are you so lame in your sarcasm? Is it just dry humor and me taking it wrong or are your panties filled with lumps of rabbit pebbles and you need to change them?

aronx
11-27-2001, 05:59 PM
Someone has to keep you in check. And yes, brainwashing does make you stupid.

l Maximus l
11-27-2001, 06:10 PM
aronx...keeping me in check? I'm not brainwashed...I just know what's crap and what's not. I've been playing games for 26 years now...I think I know a thing or two about games.

I have owned every gaming system under the sun. From Atari and Intellivision to XBox. I never bought a PS2 but I have played numerous hours on one at a buddy's house who also bought the XBox and is selling his PoS2 on Ebay. PS2 is, without a doubt, better than N64, but not XBox so far. I wasn't blown away by PS2, though, it was incredibly fun. I had my quoms with it like any normal human being. And, I think I have been pretty honest about the games I have for the XBox. There are flaws but they are so minimal that it doesn't matter. Also, I didn't buy a LameCube because, quite frankly, I feel like I have grown out of Pokemon.

I can tell you are just one of those hardcore, brainwashed MAC fans that has a lot of contention towards Microsoft. And, since the XBox is developed by Microsoft, you already have made up your mind that you don't like it. So, again, I recommend changing those panties and flushing all of those rabbit pebbles down the toilet that you loaded them up with. You obviously are very uncomfortable.

aronx
11-27-2001, 06:17 PM
At least your making more sense.

I think the MAC blows azz. I don't have any "contentions" with them!?!? LOL.

I have just never heard someone defend MS to the death like you have, and most of the people here, in these forums.

I don't know what rabbit pebbles are. And why are they in my diapers?

One last thing, I do own an XBox and I fukin love it!!

Hugh_Jass
11-27-2001, 09:38 PM
I agree with VAN. I decided to buy an XBOX as soon as I heard about it and before I knew what games would be available.

batman46st
11-27-2001, 11:38 PM
well i read about wat the xbox could do and all that intrigued me but at the time i was still with my dreamcast

little_x
11-28-2001, 04:37 AM
raw iis war

Reverend Love
11-28-2001, 06:10 AM
I bought the X-Box because of who was involved, one big daddy Microsoft. I knew they'd pimp their system like a two dollar welfare whore. Then Nvidia and Intel, both highly respected in the industry as well.

Honestly would any of you be as interested if it were Sun, HP or Apple developing a Console (well maybe Sun)?

Also look at what’s left of those who dared stand against the Meecrosoft. Netscape, Apple, and Corel... all gutted and thrown to the wolves.

Microsoft has the influence, capital, skilled labor, and more importantly the will to make the X-Box a success.

Reverend Love
:D

EliGC
11-28-2001, 07:30 AM
I bought the Xbox just so that I could play Halo, but now I'm also into PGR and DOA3 and I'm planning to buy F1 2001 and Azurik this Friday. I also became very interested in Battlefield 1942, Project Ego, Crash, GTA3, Wreckless and the next World Cup game. I'm very happy about my decision to buy an Xbox, the system itself delivered way more than I expected.

Rancey
11-28-2001, 07:35 AM
There are to many games to mention for me ;)

joe sides
11-28-2001, 09:27 AM
Halo is what caught my eye. I really didn't know to much about the XBOX till I started reading about Halo. I almost took back my XBOX because I keep seeing screenshots and watching movies on Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of liberty and I want that game! but I hear it's supposed to come out on Xbox and that will be sweet to play but I want to play it now!!

Solid Snake is kick Arse!!

So is the helmeted Ninja!!

Seeing MSGS:SOL makes me want to get the PS2 and play it!!

I have to be patient.

:D

Plewis
11-28-2001, 09:40 AM
DOA 3 is good as long as you are not playing it soley for Story mode because you can beat that in 2-3 hours or less

VAN
11-28-2001, 09:47 AM
I've been playing games for 26 years now...I think I know a thing or two about games.

MaX....buddy.....you've quickly become one of my favorite posters here (mainly because we share the same game tastes and we are of similar ages) But I gotta call bullsh*t on that comment, dude.

According to your profile, you are 26 years old. Now if you have been gaming for 26 years, I'd like to know exactly which console game you were playing when you were....say.....6 days old? :D

I'm 27 years old and have been gaming steadily for maybe 21 years, since I first played the Atari 2600 in 1980.

Sachile_
11-28-2001, 09:48 AM
I wanted Halo But project Ego pushed me too. that game looks really good for a RPG jocky like me :D

Ninja Scroll
11-28-2001, 11:34 AM
HEY YO!

Wow Maximus, if I did'nt want an Xbox you sure a hell convinced me
:p

I dont know much about all the bickering between everyone with the Mac vs. Microsoft deal but can anyone insight da Ninja, aka Jubei?

Also, I like the feedback on this topic. Im a hardcore Sega loyalist, and being one I was not going to turn to da dark side and support Phony,... I mean Sony:D
And with Nintendo still catering to the young audience with the under powered KiddyCube, Xbox is most def the place to be.

l Maximus l
11-28-2001, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by VAN
MaX....buddy.....you've quickly become one of my favorite posters here (mainly because we share the same game tastes and we are of similar ages) But I gotta call bullsh*t on that comment, dude.

According to your profile, you are 26 years old. Now if you have been gaming for 26 years, I'd like to know exactly which console game you were playing when you were....say.....6 days old? :D

I'm 27 years old and have been gaming steadily for maybe 21 years, since I first played the Atari 2600 in 1980.

LOL, VAN...if anyone was going to catch that, I knew you would :D

Though, my mother always told me...I was born with a game controller in my hands :D Perhaps, I took that a little too literally...hehehe

Ninja Scroll
11-28-2001, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by VAN

Van, I enjoy reading you and a couple other addict forum writers but yo, I am a hardcore gamer but now you make me want to retire. Pleeeeeeeeeeaaaaassssssssse, for the love you videogames.... dont ever show that picture again yo!

You think if I play as much as you that I may look as insane as you do?:confused: :confused:

GokuX
11-28-2001, 02:26 PM
4 controller ports, DOA3, Excellent DVD playback, HALO, and the list goes on and on.

Joe24
11-28-2001, 09:01 PM
HALO!

Myth-One
11-28-2001, 11:47 PM
ARONX mac stole/bought the mac launcher thing from kinkos who *snicker* believed icons were useless. A bunch of kids came up with the idea just to be bought out :(

jusber01
11-29-2001, 11:56 AM
i definetly first looked at all the specs of the 3 next gen systems. then after about 1 sec of contemplating i decided on the xbox. it has great games coming out, support from microsoft with has a ton of money to spend, online play going to be available next summer, and the best FPS ever HALO.

Hugh_Jass
11-29-2001, 12:16 PM
mac stole/bought the mac launcher thing from kinkos who *snicker* believed icons were useless. A bunch of kids came up with the idea just to be bought out

Kinkos? KINKOS? Truly sad. Try XEROX PARQ. While there is a nuggest of truth to what you're saying, it's covered with a crispy coating of crap. For the REAL story try reading "Hard Drive", a book about Bill Gates. It's fascinating.

Ninja Scroll
11-29-2001, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by jusber01
i definetly first looked at all the specs of the 3 next gen systems. then after about 1 sec of contemplating i decided on the xbox. it has great games coming out, support from microsoft with has a ton of money to spend, online play going to be available next summer, and the best FPS ever HALO.

All what you say is sooooooooooo true. But you gotta admit that the launch titles were lacking outside of DOA3, Halo, and well..... what else?:confused:

MaxPain
11-29-2001, 01:52 PM
Why do all the good games have to be at the launch? about a dozen more games will be out by the end of next month :D

Ninja Scroll
11-29-2001, 01:59 PM
you are right Max,
but in case you forgot the topic was what game made you buy your xbox. Now true I did'nt specify it had to be a launch game. All I said was that the launch line-up was kinda weak outside of a couple titles.
Hey, im all for Xbox's success. As long as Sony struggles im a happy camper:D

jusber01
11-29-2001, 02:07 PM
well are there ever very many good games at a console launch. good games will be pumping in for the xbox with so many in the development stage. :)

l Maximus l
11-29-2001, 03:16 PM
I was really impressed with XBox's luanch titles...I can't recall a gaming console have so many great games all at once! I have Halo, PGR, Fever, and Amped :D Amped came out approximately one week after launch...not bad at all!

I understand that XBox had exactly 19 games out at launch with a total of over 30 by the end of December! Now, that's impressive :D

MaxPain
11-29-2001, 03:25 PM
Hey Maximus how do you like Fever? I was thinking of Madden or Fever and leaning more towards Fever, which one do you think would be the better choice?

l Maximus l
11-29-2001, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by MaxPain
Hey Maximus how do you like Fever? I was thinking of Madden or Fever and leaning more towards Fever, which one do you think would be the better choice?

MaxPain...Dude, I would go with Fever. For several reasons. Madden is good, but, can you stand any more commentary from John Madden? I didn't think so...lol. Another reason, I bought my XBox not only for great games, but, great graphics...Fever has the graphics over Madden..hands down. Madden is simply a PoS2 port. Great game, but, not quite up there with Fever.

Fever is starting out where Madden left off...get ready for an amazing new Football series! This game is seriously addicting :D

MaxPain
11-29-2001, 03:31 PM
Ahhh, thanks. My friends were telling me to get Madden. I also told them I hated the commentary, like way back from 96 playing it on the PSX, like a talking robot HaHa. Thanks for the info :D

Ninja Scroll
11-30-2001, 10:48 AM
I was really impressed with XBox's luanch titles...I can't recall a gaming console have so many great games all at once! I have Halo, PGR, Fever, and Amped :D Amped came out approximately one week after launch...not bad at all!

I understand that XBox had exactly 19 games out at launch with a total of over 30 by the end of December! Now, that's impressive :D

Xbox has the best launch ever!:confused:

What are you smoking my friend:confused:

Xbox's launch is pretty decent, but no launch can compare to the Sega Dreamcast on 9/9/99 without a shadow of a doubt,...... THE BEST D@AMN LAUNCH TITLES EVER;)

Soul Calibur, Sonic Adventure, NFL2K, Power Stone, ect.

Can anyone doubt the DC's launch line-up.

DC may have come to its end this year, but I will always remember 9/9/99 as the day I got no sleep, and the best day of my life in terms of videogame happiness:D :p :cool:

l Maximus l
11-30-2001, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

Xbox has the best launch ever!:confused:

What are you smoking my friend:confused:

Xbox's launch is pretty decent, but no launch can compare to the Sega Dreamcast on 9/9/99 without a shadow of a doubt,...... THE BEST D@AMN LAUNCH TITLES EVER;)

Soul Calibur, Sonic Adventure, NFL2K, Power Stone, ect.

Can anyone doubt the DC's launch line-up.

DC may have come to its end this year, but I will always remember 9/9/99 as the day I got no sleep, and the best day of my life in terms of videogame happiness:D :p :cool:

Ninja, I will agree that DC had an impressive launch. But, take into consideration that the Dreamcast rivaled Sony...the XBox overtakes Sony. Soul Calibur, great game...I never was into the Sonic Adventures...I kind of grew out of them after the Genesis. NFL2K...it was probably the best football game I played up to that point....and I don't recall ever playing Power Stone.

Just so you know, the way you felt in regards to 9/9/99 sound reminscient of my personal feelings of 11/15/01 :D So, what am I smoking? Probably my Corvett through San Francisco on PGR or I am smoking Covenant ass on Halo :D

Ninja Scroll
11-30-2001, 02:44 PM
MAX,MAX,MAX,

Lets end this DC vs. Xbox launch debate,

Ok, ok, your right Xbox's was better....................... sike!!!

LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 9/9/99 4EVER!!

l Maximus l
11-30-2001, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
MAX,MAX,MAX,

Lets end this DC vs. Xbox launch debate,

Ok, ok, your right Xbox's was better....................... sike!!!

LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 9/9/99 4EVER!!

LOL, Ninja...as you can see, I do like to debate within reason. Microsoft has applied and is applying $500 Million dollars for our gaming pleasure into marketing XBox. What did DC do?

Also, Microsoft had 19 games out at launch with over 30 by the end of the following month. What did DC do? lol

Don't get me wrong...I'm a sincere DC fan :D Sega is, without a doubt, one of the top game makers...besides, they are now, in my opinion, the best 3rd party game maker...so expect the best from Sega on the XBox :D (You have to agree with my reasoning on this one :D)

MaxPain
11-30-2001, 03:00 PM
Did someone say my name? :D I'm kinda disapointed in DC, I thought they were going to make it. I remember going to the video store last year asking why they don't rent DC games. They said because Sega has a history of dieing quickly. And I thought to myself not DC. But a year later I see they have absolutley hit rock bottom. Shame :(

aronx
11-30-2001, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by MaxPain
Did someone say my name? :D I'm kinda disapointed in DC, I thought they were going to make it. I remember going to the video store last year asking why they don't rent DC games. They said because Sega has a history of dieing quickly. And I thought to myself not DC. But a year later I see they have absolutley hit rock bottom. Shame :(

Yeah, blockbuster stopped stocking new games about 6 months after the DC launched. They still have the same old games sitting on their shelves. Its sad that Sega didn't have enough $$$ to market the DC more, because it really was a great system. I can tell that MS, GC, and Sony have bottomless pockets of marketing $$$. Last night during the WWF show, I saw 4 PS2 commercials in a row! That seems to be the only commercials shown during the 18 - 35 shows.

Tla536
11-30-2001, 03:43 PM
The main reason I bought the Xbox is that it supports HDTV and 16:9. Lets see if gamecube or the ps2 can do that!!!!!

shoulda2
11-30-2001, 04:57 PM
Actually bro GC and ps2 can support the 16:9 if the games are coded to it. but yeah xbox has the visuals and the sound, but it is all about the games... which they seem to be doing well with now.

Slider1981
11-30-2001, 05:14 PM
Halo, Project Ego, Battlefield 1942, and Amped. Plus everything else that is put into the xbox. Sony can go to hell for all i'm concerned.

Ninja Scroll
11-30-2001, 10:31 PM

LOL, Ninja...as you can see, I do like to debate within reason. Microsoft has applied and is applying $500 Million dollars for our gaming pleasure into marketing XBox. What did DC do?

Also, Microsoft had 19 games out at launch with over 30 by the end of the following month. What did DC do? lol

Don't get me wrong...I'm a sincere DC fan :D Sega is, without a doubt, one of the top game makers...besides, they are now, in my opinion, the best 3rd party game maker...so expect the best from Sega on the XBox :D (You have to agree with my reasoning on this one :D)

HEY YO!
Maximus, are you trying to get under my skin kid? If Microsoft was dropping the promised $500 million pleeeeeeeeasssssssse tell me where in da hell is the $499 million that they did'nt spend at?!
Like one guy said that I will agree with is that Microsoft (as well as the other 2 companies) are all over WWF T.V. but thats about it.
Now Xbox is all over MTV & Fox, but what does the advertising mmoney got to do with the launch line-up maximus? Nothing.
also, what does the30 titles by years end supposed to mean as well?
Dreamcast had over 30 titles my year end of 99 as well.
Anyways your about to get a DC vs. xbox poll going on up in dis joint slim!

Lets face it, if there is launch battle of who had the best it would have to be between the companies we are talking about:

Sega Dreamcast vs. Atari Jaguar,.......... I mean Xbox!lol

gtaplayer
11-30-2001, 11:20 PM
Grand Theft Auto 3..

i am going to buy xbox for the fact that grand theft auto 3 is coming out for it...if it werent then idk wat i would do...even thought gta3 is coming out in february idk wat game 2 buy with the xbox that will keep me waiting for gta??? any1 got any ideas??

Dave
12-01-2001, 12:19 AM
RAW is WAR is the game I wanted the most. Not the main reason I bought the xbox though.

Hugh_Jass
12-01-2001, 09:29 AM
I believe the $500M figure was over a number of years and continents.

Ninja Scroll
12-01-2001, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass
I believe the $500M figure was over a number of years and continents.

Yo Hugh Jass!
When they announced the $500 million dollar ad campain they "never" said it would be spread out over the coming years.
But they may, I personally feel whatever they are spending thus far they are doing a very good job of getting the green X on everyones mind at some point this holiday.
But I feel the best way Microsoft is geting th word out there is for free!! and that's by word of mouth from the people. Nothings better than that.

hey guys, I was just up my local mall (pentagon city) and I went to the Best Buy across the stret from it. Get this, there WHOLE entire customer service section was packed behind and in front of their set up. They had atleast over 500 (i could be low balling the number) PS2's there!!
Is Sony's system selling or is Sony just trying to over load so anyonetht cnt find an Xbox have o ge a PS2 this holiday season?
By the way, they were only having xbox's held behind te customer service desk.
The had a sign at the Xbox booth saying go to customer service.
Come on Best Buy, can anyone really steal an Xbox out your store?