PDA

View Full Version : E3 ID

SPARTAN VI
02-06-2003, 09:45 PM
Cool, the title rhymes...:cool:

I apologize if this thread was already made, I don't have too much time to check around.

Anyway, I've noticed multpile XBAers are actually planning on attending E3 this year at LA. I'm pretty sure I'll be going too along with TheCovenant. Because of this assembly, I figured that we might be able to meet one another! You know our voices on LIVE, you know us from the forums, why not in person? Right?

We need a simple way of IDing each other if enough of us plan on attending. A simple XBA shirt would be practical, but I don't know if any of us would want to go through the trouble. Any suggestions as to how we're going to identify an XBAer from the crowd?
:)

Kraft
02-06-2003, 09:52 PM
I'm planning on attending. I'll be the one pointing and laughing at the sony booth.

VenoM
02-06-2003, 09:55 PM
dont you have to be in the gaming business to attend anyways.....how are you planning on getting in??:confused:

carlbme
02-06-2003, 10:00 PM
Nope, not going to be able to attend. :(

SPARTAN VI
02-06-2003, 10:08 PM
There are 3 ways of getting in that I know of:

1) You get invited, but only if you're in electronics sales.
2) You are chosen as a guest of a person that was invited. This is my ticket in because one of TheCovenant's friends owns a booth at Frank & Son. I'm a guest.:cool: That's if TheCovenant tell him that I'm going too...
3) You pay over $100 to get a pass. I don't know too much about buying your way in, but if you go to www.E3expo.com, you might find out.

No ideas? Like we wear one of those stickers saying, "Hello My Name is: *your XBA name here*"??

Kraft
02-06-2003, 10:10 PM
You can't get in the first few days unless you have an invitation or a media pass. I think the last day is open to the public, and if I remember right the ticket for that one day is a little over 300 dollars.

Xbox Owner
02-06-2003, 10:29 PM
I wish.. I know a few people who are going. (Not real life, online.):D

Liquid Gears
02-06-2003, 10:53 PM
No, are you kiding?? I live in Canada! I've never even been to the US before. But, still. I would love to go to E3 at least once in my life.

Casper
02-06-2003, 11:33 PM
I have pre-ordered my destruction kit for certain booths in there...and I'm also bringing my IV kit, so I can just strap right up with beer and wait in line 10 hours to play Halo 2 :eek:

Flood
02-07-2003, 03:31 AM
i unfortunately wont be going to E3 due to money shortage...but im gonna save up for next year...because its gonna be insane...the unveiling of the new counsoles...XboxNext and PS3...im so there!

LynxFX
02-07-2003, 11:11 AM
Count me in this year. I have a big list of things I want to do but first up is to walk up to the EA booth a biatch-slap them.

Casper
02-07-2003, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx-XBA
Count me in this year. I have a big list of things I want to do but first up is to walk up to the EA booth a biatch-slap them.

I'm SO there with you Lynx :) and um, maybe, just maybe, another fansite that will be having a booth there too :D

Kraft
02-07-2003, 12:20 PM

Yeah, them and about ten other boothes. Maybe we should just get some wooden paddles, then carved OWNED into them backwards.

Dark Enemy
02-07-2003, 12:24 PM

LMAO:)

Casper
02-07-2003, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Kraft-XBA
Yeah, them and about ten other boothes. Maybe we should just get some wooden paddles, then carved OWNED into them backwards.

I'm on it :) That would pass airport security, right? :confused:

JJaX
02-07-2003, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by casper
I'm SO there with you Lynx :) and um, maybe, just maybe, another fansite that will be having a booth there too :D

Yeah if we go, We should setup a keg and spray paint "DDC ownz" on the keg. And we'll sit there and drink our beer until we pass out. That will be our booth...

Shadow20002
02-07-2003, 01:48 PM
That is too far from where i live now. :rolleyes:

Caesar SYN
02-07-2003, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
Yeah if we go, We should setup a keg and spray paint "DDC ownz" on the keg. And we'll sit there and drink our beer until we pass out. That will be our booth...

Ok I said I never never would come back.. but that was classic Jermaine.. but I dont drink beer.. anything to burn..

:rolleyes:

JJaX
02-07-2003, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by LittleCaesar
Ok I said I never never would come back.. but that was classic Jermaine.. but I dont drink beer.. anything to burn..

:rolleyes:

Oh fo' Sho :cool:

Gotta have my Broccoli when im drinking.

DIGITAL
02-08-2003, 02:02 AM
sounds like you guys are planning on having fun, i wish i could could go but i aint got the funds! maybe next year ,its in vegas right?

Frostberg
02-08-2003, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by DIGITAL
sounds like you guys are planning on having fun, i wish i could could go but i aint got the funds! maybe next year ,its in vegas right?

You're thinking of Hookers...

Its in LA...

errrr wait...

SPARTAN VI
02-08-2003, 06:17 PM
Alright, I'll walk around and watch for a gang of dudes, with DDC beer cans, jumping the EA stand. Anyone can identify me, my friend gave me a beanie that says "SPARTAN VI" on it. Its a dark green color, so if you see a dude witha dark green beanie just whip me around and look at the front, good chance itll be me.:)

Frostberg
02-08-2003, 10:12 PM
You need a shirt that says "EA sucks Monkey Balls"