PDA

View Full Version : your Top 5 fighting games of all-time?

Ninja Scroll
11-27-2001, 01:53 PM
With all the classic & corny fighting games in the history of gaming there are many that shine in this tough and competitve gerne. What are your top 5 fighters ever?

Mine.

1. Soul Calibur (DC)
2. Virtua Fighter 2 (Saturn)
3. Street Fighter II: Champion Edition (Arcade/Genesis)
4. Virtua Fighter 3 (Arcade)
5. Dead Or Alive 2 (all home versions)

Sorry Tekken fans:confused:

l Maximus l
11-27-2001, 05:15 PM
1. Mortal Kombat (you can't deny it)
2. Dead or Alive - All versions
3. Soul Caliber
4. Virtua Fighter
5. Street Fighter

Ninja Scroll
11-28-2001, 09:40 AM
Please tell me your #1 fighting game is not Mortal Kombat!?
Now I can respect your opinion, but I will argue it.
Now which one is your favorite?
The first one was an average (shock value) game. With all the blood selling the title alone.
MKII was one of the best sequels to a fighting game I have ever seen. But MK3 & MK4 are two of the worst fighting games period. A franchise cash-cow is now a has been worthless series.

You cant tell me a cheesy 2-D (no offense to SFII) fighter is better than the classic Soul Calibur or VF2 & 3.

Please give me one good reason why MK is better than these 2 classics.

Um,........ did I meantion Tekken? You right I did'nt. Tekken= VF wanna be!

l Maximus l
11-28-2001, 02:22 PM
Actually, I never played a fighting game as much as I did Mortal Kombat. My personal all-time favorite MK game was MK Trilogy :p There were so many characters...I have every single special move memorized, every fatality, every brutality, etc...and, best of all, I played with two other buddies for a long ass time...after one would lose, we would have the next person duke it out while the person sat alone drinking his beer :D It kept us interested for a few years up until the launch of XBox :)

But, personally, I'm looking forward to the new MK. I have always been an MK fan...you have to admit...the fact that this is the only fighting game that you can make satirical looking fatalities alone makes this game stand out in the crowd :D

Ninja Scroll
11-29-2001, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
Actually, I never played a fighting game as much as I did Mortal Kombat. My personal all-time favorite MK game was MK Trilogy :p There were so many characters...I have every single special move memorized, every fatality, every brutality, etc...and, best of all, I played with two other buddies for a long ass time...after one would lose, we would have the next person duke it out while the person sat alone drinking his beer :D It kept us interested for a few years up until the launch of XBox :)

But, personally, I'm looking forward to the new MK. I have always been an MK fan...you have to admit...the fact that this is the only fighting game that you can make satirical looking fatalities alone makes this game stand out in the crowd :D

ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, yaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwn,. ........ you are putting me to sleep with all this Mortal Kombat jibbering!

The MK series has sucked since MKII, period.
When you wanna rant about exciting fighter like VF, Soul Calibur, or the SF classics let me know:rolleyes:

dbzman
11-29-2001, 07:17 PM
my 5 favorite fighting games of all time.

(1) mortal kombat gold
(2) dragonball gt: final bout
(3) dead or alive 3
(4) bruce lee: enter the dragon (sega gin.)
(5) dead or alive 2 (dc)

and if ya got a problem with it... TO BAD!!!!!!

Ninja Scroll
11-30-2001, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by dbzman
my 5 favorite fighting games of all time.

(1) mortal kombat gold
(2) dragonball gt: final bout
(3) dead or alive 3
(4) bruce lee: enter the dragon (sega gin.)
(5) dead or alive 2 (dc)

and if ya got a problem with it... TO BAD!!!!!!

Come on now, im not one to tell someone there opinion sucks but I gotta tell you dbzman.

Your top5 reeks of suckiness to da maximus!:p (no pun intended)

DOA3, that's cool, but DBGT: Final Bout:confused:

WORST.GAME.EVER!

l Maximus l
11-30-2001, 03:39 PM
LOL...I think Ninja Scroll needs to be put down...lol :D

Ninja Scroll
11-30-2001, 09:50 PM
LOL...I think Ninja Scroll needs to be put down...lol :D

Yo Max, you know my quote on dbzman was funny as hell!
Hey, I see the forum is like your second home away from home Max, so tell me this~! Why dont people never write in the forums on game gernes?
I mean the are very few posting before I joined.
But where about to change dat doe! you feel me?

Rancey
11-30-2001, 10:13 PM
Ninja Scroll, the game forums were added just recently, but by all means fill them up ;)

Ninja Scroll
11-30-2001, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Jason-XBA
Ninja Scroll, the game forums were added just recently, but by all means fill them up ;)

Hey Jason,
Thanks for responding to this "game forum" question I had.
Anyways, just let me say it's nice to meet you kid.
I have joined other forums in the past and I must say I really enjoy and am addicted (no pun intended) to the forum as well as the site.
It is well runned and you guys have some very enjoyable posters.
later J!

Ninja Scroll
11-30-2001, 10:50 PM
Hey Jason, one more thing!
anyway I can get the xbox logo like yours under my name on the left side of the screen?
thx!

MadDawg276
12-06-2001, 04:39 PM
#1 Bloody Roar
#2 DOA Series
#3 Virtual On
#4 Gundam Battle Assualt
#5 Mortal Kombat

Rancey
12-06-2001, 05:40 PM
Ninja Scroll> I don't really know if you wanted to know how to get the picture under your name or if you wanted to use mine...if you want to use mine that is fine, if you want to know how to add your own go to user cp>edit options, then at the bottom of the page there is an option saying change avatar.

Ninja Scroll
12-07-2001, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Jason-XBA
Ninja Scroll> I don't really know if you wanted to know how to get the picture under your name or if you wanted to use mine...if you want to use mine that is fine, if you want to know how to add your own go to user cp>edit options, then at the bottom of the page there is an option saying change avatar.

yo Jason, I wanted to know if I would use yours really. It looks like the one from the first wave of Xbox commercials.
but I dont know how to do this avator thing?
help plz:(

l Maximus l
12-07-2001, 02:07 PM
Ninja...all you have to do is go to <User CP> on the top then select <Edit options> and scroll to the bottom in regards to Avatars. I think that it is on the right side to add one...a new screen will pop up.

Once you have found an Avatar, simply right click it and select properties and copy the website down by first hi-lighting it and then right clicking the hi-lighted part and select copy. Then, go to where it has the URL and right click and hit paste. That should do it for ya.

Ninja Scroll
12-07-2001, 03:09 PM
Ninja...all you have to do is go to <User CP> on the top then select <Edit options> and scroll to the bottom in regards to Avatars. I think that it is on the right side to add one...a new screen will pop up.

Once you have found an Avatar, simply right click it and select properties and copy the website down by first hi-lighting it and then right clicking the hi-lighted part and select copy. Then, go to where it has the URL and right click and hit paste. That should do it for ya.

YO MAXIMUS, WTF:confused:

I know im da greatest Ninja you've ever known, but I never said I was da smartest ever!:D

Can you brake dat down foe yo hero plzzzzzzzz!

im confused

l Maximus l
12-07-2001, 04:24 PM
Linda Troll...this is what you need to do:

Just go to <User CP> on the top of this web page, okay? Click it. lol

Next, got to <Edit Options>.

On the Edit Options web page, scroll down to the bottom where it says Avatars. In the Avatar box, look to the right where it says Custom Avatars. Click there to add a custom Avatar.

The Avatar must be 50x50 Pixels...if you want to use Jason-XBA's go ahead since he gave you permission. Simply right click on Jason-XBA's Avatar and select properties. There will be a web site on the properties box, hi-lite it and right click what you hi-lited and then select copy.

Go back to the Avatar page and paste the Avatar's address into the URL box on the Avatar screen. Then, finally, go to the bottom and save modifications and you are in business :) Let me know if you have any other questions, Linda Troll :D

Ninja Scroll
12-08-2001, 11:11 AM
Linda Troll...this is what you need to do:

Just go to <User CP> on the top of this web page, okay? Click it. lol

Next, got to <Edit Options>.

On the Edit Options web page, scroll down to the bottom where it says Avatars. In the Avatar box, look to the right where it says Custom Avatars. Click there to add a custom Avatar.

The Avatar must be 50x50 Pixels...if you want to use Jason-XBA's go ahead since he gave you permission. Simply right click on Jason-XBA's Avatar and select properties. There will be a web site on the properties box, hi-lite it and right click what you hi-lited and then select copy.

Go back to the Avatar page and paste the Avatar's address into the URL box on the Avatar screen. Then, finally, go to the bottom and save modifications and you are in business :) Let me know if you have any other questions, Linda Troll :D

Yo Maximus, my dog4life!

I know we are always cutting it up in da forum with nothing but laughs all day everyday, but kid. Seriously doe, thanks for looking out for me on this avator inquiry I have.

you are my hero, well........ atleast for as long as this post is. lol!
:D
And thank you jason for allowing me to rip you off of your avator!:D thnx slim!