PDA

View Full Version : Racing Evoluzione (APEX) DAMN!!!!!

kacklon
02-07-2003, 03:13 AM
Got the european version yesterday. Here´s my impressions:

The graphics are outstanding. The attention to detail is simply amazing. This is the best gfx I´ve ever seen on the xbox. Car modelling is flawless. Beutiful rendered cars. And as for framerates it runs like a dream. The sound fx is good but the music is merly average. It doesn´t matter much though since you can make yourself an own soundtrack.
The Dream mode (career) is a nice touch but doesn´t really let you handle so many things by yourself. However. I have only played for a couple of hours so this maybe changes the longer you play the game.

This game delivers what infogrames have said about it.

Chaotic
02-07-2003, 11:36 AM
How much customizing can be done?

mmattai
02-12-2003, 01:46 AM
Also, how are the controls? Do they lean to the arcade side more than the sim side like the reviews say?

Unreal
02-16-2003, 11:13 PM
I knew this game would be good. Thanks for the impressions :D

ALC
02-18-2003, 12:09 AM
but have you read the OXM review? apparantly you cant design your own car at all really:confused:

Woocifer
02-18-2003, 12:13 PM
You can't design your car in Project Gotham Racing and that game kicks some serious racing ARSE

Leave it be, it will be an amazing racer with or without the mods on the cars...give it some time. This is a great advancement though! :)

Chaotic
02-18-2003, 01:12 PM
The thing is you can design your car,modify it etc.. go to the offical website and read about it....

The game ships today can't wait to get it.

ALC
02-18-2003, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Woocifer
You can't design your car in Project Gotham Racing and that game kicks some serious racing ARSE

Leave it be, it will be an amazing racer with or without the mods on the cars...give it some time. This is a great advancement though! :)

Dont' get me wrong man! I'm definintely checking it out, its just that I was all hyped up about making some of my own cars with some kind of 3d editing mode :(

The screenshots alone are enough to make me pee my pants ;P

cya punk
02-18-2003, 09:50 PM
I recently read a review on one of the game sites and the biggest dissapointment for this game is , if you get bumped by the AI or if they even just touch your car they are able to pass you up.

when are they going to make a racing game a good grudge match like PGR ?

there's nothing like playing bumper cars during a race . and if your good enough to keep the competition behind you , then you should be able to keep your lead !

this is yet another racer that doesn't satisfy ):

Also , Oxm says it has sloooo load times.

oooooh the horror , the horror

Unreal
02-23-2003, 04:56 PM
I am just getting into the game. It is pretty fun so far. I am waiting to be able to pick my second prototype car.

FuNkY mOnK
02-27-2003, 08:46 PM
This Game IMO Blows, if you want a good racing sim get yourself a ps2 with GT3 nothing comes close. apex is a joke another example of xbox Braun with no brains.

EHWfedPres
03-02-2003, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Woocifer

No it doesn't.

shrew king
03-02-2003, 03:24 PM
I am with EHW, PGR was bad IMO.

The whole thing that interests me about this game is the customization, and to what level you can customize. Anyone want to inform the rest of us about this feature?

ShannonX
03-03-2003, 08:42 PM
the graphics were good, but i need a tv that supports svideo or component imputs... just didn't look all that great on my junker of a tv...hahah

Bakeman
03-03-2003, 10:21 PM
I finally got to rent this game the other day.

The games graphics are awsome! Definitly no arguement in this department.

I'm not sure why everyone is saying that if you bump a car you lose a position....

Whatever car is slightly ahead when bumping is the car that takes the lead.

The game is very fun.... The races are almost always competitive and come down to just tenths of a second.

You can't Design your own car... You pick from a few prototype cars that are drawn up and then the car is made for you to race.

Customization is a juke compared to some games. You choose Short, Medium, or Long gear ratios, and 3 settings of downforce.

The game is still a very fun racer... It's not meant to be a serious sim... it's a mix of arcade and sim..

The multiplayer part of the game sucks just like most racing games. I'm sick of wanting to race with my friend and not have any CPU cars. That is just retarded.. 1 vs 1 races blow chunks!

This game is definitly worth a rental.

chili325
03-04-2003, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Bakeman
I finally got to rent this game the other day.

The games graphics are awsome! Definitly no arguement in this department.

I'm not sure why everyone is saying that if you bump a car you lose a position....

Whatever car is slightly ahead when bumping is the car that takes the lead.

The game is very fun.... The races are almost always competitive and come down to just tenths of a second.

You can't Design your own car... You pick from a few prototype cars that are drawn up and then the car is made for you to race.

Customization is a juke compared to some games. You choose Short, Medium, or Long gear ratios, and 3 settings of downforce.

The game is still a very fun racer... It's not meant to be a serious sim... it's a mix of arcade and sim..

The multiplayer part of the game sucks just like most racing games. I'm sick of wanting to race with my friend and not have any CPU cars. That is just retarded.. 1 vs 1 races blow chunks!

This game is definitly worth a rental.
The only game ive ever played which was a fun multiplayer was burnout, because its fast, theres cpu cars, and theres traffic. Graffics mean nothing if the gameplay is good in racing games.

Bakeman
03-05-2003, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by chili325
The only game ive ever played which was a fun multiplayer was burnout, because its fast, theres cpu cars, and theres traffic. Graffics mean nothing if the gameplay is good in racing games.

I agree.. that game was a blast when I was playing with a friend of mine. I am looking forward to Burnout 2.. I might even just buy it.

Professor Kaos
03-07-2003, 10:53 PM
I've go the oxm demo and I must say that the graphics are amazing the controls work nice. replays are fun, I think im gonna rent this one.