PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars: KotOR delayed...



xboxgamer142
02-07-2003, 02:20 PM
Many people expected that the upcoming Star Wars RPG, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, would come out around February/March. However, sadly the game has been delayed until May (or possibly mid-April). Proof is that Amazon.com, EBGames.com, and other sites have the KotOR release date for May 1st.

Oh well, its too bad, but it will be worth waiting.

By the way, does anybody know if Star Wars: The Clone Wars for Xbox Live will still be single-player or will it be online-only?

JJaX
02-07-2003, 02:40 PM
Yes clone wars wil have live play....

http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=32011

Dre
02-07-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by xboxgamer142
Many people expected that the upcoming Star Wars RPG, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, would come out around February/March. However, sadly the game has been delayed until May (or possibly mid-April). Proof is that Amazon.com, EBGames.com, and other sites have the KotOR release date for May 1st.

How the hell is that proof? I wish people would smarten up and quit making stupid threads about games getting delayed with ebgames.com or whatever as there source. If you actually took 2 seconds to read up, you'd see that Bioware and LucasArts have not said anything more specific than Spring 2003. EBgames and whatever are just estimating dates and 99% of the time are wrong, they just want the preorders.

Starting to get old to see these lame threads...

VeNoMiZA
02-07-2003, 03:58 PM
thats dumbest shat i have read.... amazon.... pfffft....ebgames... pfffttt LMAO dude u suck.

Ninja Scroll
02-07-2003, 04:36 PM
A videogame has been delayed, ... yaaaaaawn, ... what else is new?:rolleyes:

Tenchi Maeda
02-07-2003, 05:05 PM
Back to the original topic. NOOOO!!! Oh well I can wait.

xboxgamer142
02-09-2003, 03:12 AM
I also forgot:

IGN.com also said that KotOR will be released May!!

xboxgamer142
02-11-2003, 07:19 AM
...Not only IGN, but Futureshop.ca too.

EBGames, Amazon, Futureshop, etc. are not estimating it, LucasArts contacts them first to settle the dates for shipping the game. KotOR won't come out February, because February isn't Spring 2003 is it then? If it were March, LucasArts would have announced the March release date long ago. Therefore it can only be released: APRIL or MAY!!!

bbchs_trash
02-11-2003, 09:04 AM
Actually... EBgames.com take educated guesses on games release dates. And that has actually been stated in a comment by an employee. They are not officially contacted about a ship date until the company says it is available and they can order it. But until that they will get no invoice with a ship date and that is the only way something can be proven to be shipped that day. Just like all businesses. Dates are ALWAYS a guess... never gaurunteed...

Dre
02-11-2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by xboxgamer142
...Not only IGN, but Futureshop.ca too.

EBGames, Amazon, Futureshop, etc. are not estimating it

WRONG

WTF?!?, can't people read simple english anymore?

hiter101
02-11-2003, 06:21 PM
nice to see u finally climed out of the cave welcome to 2/11/03 :)

Unreal
02-12-2003, 08:06 AM
I don't mind the delay as long as it helps the game out in the long run.

Unreal
02-15-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Dre
EBgames and whatever are just estimating dates and 99% of the time are wrong, they just want the preorders.