PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Dark Zero VS Starcraft Ghost

Shadow20002
02-08-2003, 09:22 AM
According to the recent magazine of XBM, these two titles will support LIVE. Also the two will be exclusive to the Xbox. I know it's hard to believe this announcement but just wait what E3 gonna show for us.

Kraft
02-08-2003, 09:45 AM
Both of these games have some serious potential. Rare has already proven to us that they make a good FPS out of the PD series, and Blizzard is known for putting hella work into their games and really going after a great gaming experience.

Blizzard does have a lot more to prove in this genre though, as all they are really known for are RTS games. They are co-developing ghost with Nihilistic Studios, but their only previous work is on the lackluster PC game Vampire: The Masquerade. As shadow said though, only e3 will tell :)

xboxman_1
02-08-2003, 11:33 AM
Since when is SC: G exclusive to xbox? Did M$ finalize the deal with Vivendi??

oddworld20-3000
02-08-2003, 10:37 PM
It is hard to say. Perfect Dark was my favourite N64 game and Blizzard made my favourite games on the computer but I'm not sure about it's new gameplay:confused:. But I would say Starcraft.

xboxman_1
02-08-2003, 11:26 PM
This question is so ludicrous though. It's like saying "What's better: PS3 or Xbox 2??" There is so little information available no one can really tell.

MerimacHamwich
02-09-2003, 12:05 PM
I think I would like Perfect Dark Zero more. I loved Perfect Dark on the N64. I think it was the first game I spent 3+ hours on.

Laxeph
02-09-2003, 04:30 PM
I'd say Perfect Dark. It was great on 64 and has "been there and done that". Ghost will have to prove itself before I buy it.

Toonz
02-09-2003, 06:16 PM
Throw in my vote for SC:Ghost Blizzard has the midas touch. Its gonna be huge seller just based on its name alone. There are tons of people waiting to return to the SC universe. Everytime Blizz anounces they have a " Special Anouncement " there boards fill up with people hoping to return to SC in some way. Perfect Dark will probably be exellent as well and I know from friends it has a huge fanbase as well but I love all things SC. So much so I have 2 sets of the figures even. 1 for show and 1 set in the package including the somewhat rare " Warpig " figure. I have all the novels and even have zerg pillow cases haha.

Liquid Gears
02-09-2003, 06:32 PM
Has anyone seen any pics of Perfect Dark Zero yet? If you have, please post links.

xboxman_1
02-09-2003, 09:19 PM
Has anyone seen any pics of Perfect Dark Zero yet? If you have, please post links.

The only pics I've seen are the ones of the new Jo...no gameplay or anything like that.

shrew king
02-10-2003, 01:44 AM
Considering Perfect Dark Zero has been developed using the Xbox's hardware from the start, I'd say it will have the better graphics. I am sure Rare is going to do a great job with the gameplay, so I think Perfect Dark Zero is without a doubt going to be the better of the two.

Toonz
02-10-2003, 06:23 PM
I agree graphically PD with probably kick the snot out of Ghost in the looks dept but graphics don't always make the better game. That's just my opinion though. Resident Evil Zero looks frigging amazing but if you've played it or its other titles the controls are frigging retarded and ruin the game for me neways. I look forward to playing both games though. Rare doesn't seem to put out anything but first class stuff as well.

ShannonX
02-11-2003, 11:43 AM
the other rts game (command and conquer) that went to fps (renegade) blew chunks. So just because the huge fanbase is there doesn't mean that starcraft ghost will succeed. If they can create ghost and avoid the pitfalls that renegade had (terrible collision detection and the fact the entire game sucked) they should be ok. But name brand alone wont sell a crap game.

Toonz
02-11-2003, 06:29 PM
Good point hehe while your example makes sense Shannon I find it hard to believe after watching the trailer for Ghost that it will be as bad as Renegade. Whether or not Ghost is a good game is yet to be determined yes, but The Starcraft Universe has a huge cult following and I do believe the name alone will sell alotta copies. The only thing it has going against it is the fact it's originally a PC game and I've noticed quite often PC gamers have learned it loath consoles for some reason and may not support it for that reason. Admittedly I am biased on the subject as Starcraft is like crack to my veins so I'll probably like the game even if does suck haha.