PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Recalls Kakuto Chojin

Qbas
02-08-2003, 09:45 AM
In a surprising move, Microsoft has pulled its Xbox fighting game Kakuto Chojin from Japanese shelves. According to company representatives, the recall is due to sensitive religious issues in the game. Reportedly, Microsoft plans to modify the game to remove the potentially offensive material in several Asian countries. Citing a company spokesperson, "Microsoft respects the religious beliefs of all people, and for that reason, we decided a recall was the best course of action." It's currently unknown when the modified version of the game will be available. For reference, while Kakuto Chojin has been available at retailers in America since late fall, it arrived on Japanese shelves on January 1.

Kraft
02-08-2003, 09:47 AM
*sigh* Microsoft can do no right in Japan... can anyone elaborate on what these religious issues are? I wouldn't mind knowing if they are legitimate, or if the japanese society is just figuring out another way to hinder the box in their country...

Duke
02-08-2003, 09:51 AM
I guess the background music for one of the characters uses quotes from the Koran (or however you want to spell it).

It's sacreligious to read out of the text in anything other than a holy setting such as prayer.

Not sure if this is the real reason, got the info from other boards so I don't have a real link.

MerimacHamwich
02-08-2003, 02:45 PM
Seeing as the Koran is Jewish and the are only pulling the games off of shelves in Japan, I don't think that is the reason.

xboxman_1
02-08-2003, 03:30 PM
Seeing as the Koran is Jewish and the are only pulling the games off of shelves in Japan, I don't think that is the reason.

The Koran is Islamic.

CrazyCougar
02-08-2003, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
Seeing as the ***Koran is Jewish*** ........

LOL! Sorry I couldnt help it, but all of the sudden a joke involving a jew, a muslim and a christian came to mind...nevermind...LOL.

Casper
02-08-2003, 07:44 PM
Seeing as the Koran is Jewish

:confused: And did Rabbi Osama teach you this

hiter101
02-08-2003, 07:49 PM

are u ok???

the QURAN is muslim

and the torah is jewish

and the bible is christian

are we dont with religion class???? ;)

Dark Enemy
02-09-2003, 02:00 AM

ROTFLMAO BUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA............. now that im done the Quran is ISLAM

xboxman_1
02-09-2003, 01:49 PM
Nice spam there PublicEnemy2k3, thats only been said 4 times. And there are a few spellings of the book, don't act like "Quran" is the only way. He may have learned it "Koran."

now that im done the Quran is ISLAM

Try 'Islamic," not ISLAM.

and the torah is jewish

Actually, the torah are the first five books of the old testament, and all three religions recognize these books to be true, not just Judaism.

Dark Enemy
02-09-2003, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by xboxman_1
Nice spam there PublicEnemy2k3, thats only been said 4 times. And there are a few spellings of the book, don't act like "Quran" is the only way. He may have learned it "Koran."

Try 'Islamic," not ISLAM.

Actually, the torah are the first five books of the old testament, and all three religions recognize these books to be true, not just Judaism.

Thanx for being the XBA police dog. It was funny and i replied, and its non of ur bizness biatch so **** u:rolleyes:

xboxman_1
02-10-2003, 04:10 PM
Thanx for being the XBA police dog. It was funny and i replied, and its non of ur bizness biatch so **** u

You're welcome!! But whats none of my business?

Qbas
02-10-2003, 05:12 PM
This is the real reason why this game was recalled: :D

http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2003/20030207l.gif

xboxman_1
02-10-2003, 07:15 PM
My friends and I were theorizing that the readings from the Quran are just a cover-up - and the real-deal is that they know the game sucks balls, and they want to get it off the shelves.

EDIT: LOL Qbas - believe it or not we didn't get our theory from Penny Arcade.

VenoM
02-10-2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Qbas
This is the real reason why this game was recalled: :D

http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2003/20030207l.gif

thats just wrong :( wasnt funny

Qbas
02-10-2003, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by VenoM
thats just wrong :( wasnt funny
Why? I thought it was hilarious :D

xboxman_1
02-10-2003, 08:14 PM
Why? I thought it was hilarious

Ya, its not like they're actually saying "Jesus is a queer."

GO BUCCS!!!
02-11-2003, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by hiter101
are u ok???

the QURAN is muslim

and the torah is jewish

and the bible is christian

are we dont with religion class???? ;) actually jews are taught out of the Talmud, and not at all from the torah.
when a jew says we read TORAH they are really saying we follow the teaching of the torah AND the talmud. when a jew says THE TORAH it is almost always a direct reference only to the torah. jews do this because the teachings of the talmud are blasphemous beyond description and incredibly insulting to Christians, they don't want the general public to know the things they actually do in terms of worship according to their "religion." because if the truth got out, they'd be getting lynched left and right, everywhere.
:)

Dark Enemy
02-11-2003, 02:12 AM
You're welcome!! But whats none of my business?

Ill tell u whats ur business, ur business is to post and to STFU. And u took the to fix my mistakes. GEt a life man:)

xboxman_1
02-12-2003, 05:34 PM
Ill tell u whats ur business, ur business is to post and to STFU. And u took the to fix my mistakes. GEt a life man

Sorry, just correcting mistakes so some other moron doesn't go home with wrong information. How can I post and still manage to shut up at the same time?? I need to get a life??? Your the one with over 900 posts in about 3.5 months. I've been here for about a year 4.5 months. And please, do not bother me any more with ignorant posts.

Dark Enemy
02-12-2003, 05:53 PM
For ur info i post while im at work and thats about it. so **** u :rolleyes: wanna be a smartass go somewhere else *****:)

xboxman_1
02-12-2003, 06:12 PM
For ur info i post while im at work and thats about it. so **** u wanna be a smartass go somewhere else *****

So you go right ahead and respond with another ignorant post... WTF kind of job do you have?? When was the last time you made a legitimate rebuttle without having the post full of asterisks?? (o, sorry, maybe in your terms its the "little star thingies... **************** <-- those)

Dark Enemy
02-13-2003, 12:46 PM
So you go right ahead and respond with another ignorant post... WTF kind of job do you have?? When was the last time you made a legitimate rebuttle without having the post full of asterisks?? (o, sorry, maybe in your terms its the "little star thingies... **************** <-- those)

LMAO dude just drop the subject. This is wha i do www.qualityfloorsandcarpet.com

RudedogX
02-13-2003, 12:54 PM
Why do people have a hard time with others that post more?!? I don't get why a post count is so important to people.:rolleyes:

VeNoMiZA
02-13-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by rudedogX
Why do people have a hard time with others that post more?!? I don't get why a post count is so important to people.:rolleyes: yea man what up with these guys trying to get over 200 posts? *check his post count and gets ready to spam some more* yea man yea your right..ugh..yeah... :P

Dark Enemy
02-13-2003, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by rudedogX
Why do people have a hard time with others that post more?!? I don't get why a post count is so important to people.:rolleyes:

Exactly man, i guess it a way of getting back at me lol, its a sorry attempt but whatever.:rolleyes:

RudedogX
02-13-2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by VeNoMiZA
yea man what up with these guys trying to get over 200 posts? *check his post count and gets ready to spam some more* yea man yea your right..ugh..yeah... :P

What I mean you fool, is people who post just for the sake of posting. Like BR used to do. He even went as far to state the only reason he posted so much was because he wanted to be the top poster. Now, to post for that reason, is absolutely ridiculous! If you are posting because you have something to add, terrific, if you are posting because you are bored, fine, if you posting just to be the top poster because you think it will bring you noteriety and respect...well, you've got issues and need to check some things in your life.