PDA

View Full Version : XBox Online! Woot! :D

Brian
11-27-2001, 04:27 PM
Wow I didn't even have to wait a week for it.. nevermind waiting til' next summer! Haha I just played Halo online and it rox!:D My user name is "Soldier_X" for now

Plewis
11-27-2001, 04:55 PM
what connection do you have? I am still confused. Can I play online with cable? I already asked that but i didn't really get a straight forward answer:rolleyes:

Brian
11-27-2001, 05:04 PM
Yes it says it on the main section of this website. Cable and DSLers... :)

Brian
11-27-2001, 05:05 PM
Gamespy has launched their Xbox Online service. This is way cool, if you have your Xbox conencted to a DSL or Cable modem via a hub or USB port. You can play games like Halo, Tony Hawk 2X and Nascar Heat 2002 online against or with your pals! They did it...a week and half after the launch of the Xbox, we can play online! Way to go Gamespy! We thought we’d have to wait till the Summer of 2002 to play. THIS ACTUALLY WORKS folks! You also might want to check out the forums for further details.

Here’s a clip on what they had to say:

Want to play Xbox games on the Internet? Now you can do it through GameSpyArcade! In order to play, users must first download and install the GameSpy Tunnel, an application that enables Arcade support, and set up their network. In many cases, it is as easy as plugging your PC and Xbox into a hub. No networking changes needed! Full details on GameSpyDaily.

Tazilla
11-27-2001, 05:46 PM
My user name is Tazilla,...

as always,..

more beer!

MaxPain
11-27-2001, 07:43 PM
Hey Brian ever played an online game like Quake..? Well if you have you know what the lag is like... ice skating in slow motion.... choppy... and frame skipping... so can you give me an idea of the lag on Halo if there is any? Also what do you ping? If you can even check that :D And I have cable also :D
Well I used to hate gamespy I know anyone who played on Mplayer would know why :mad: but If their supporting Halo with online play, that's cool :)

Brian
11-28-2001, 01:56 PM
Heh I've played 3 FPS for my PC: Delta Force 2, Unreal Tournament, and Quake III.

Yes, I know what lag is like and it sucks... mostly because of the low connection players.:rolleyes: Anyway, I ping anywhere from 150-200 in Halo and it's great needless to say. I have AT&T Road Runner but it acts like a T1 since nobody around here has it(what I was told by the dude who was installing it). ;)