PDA

View Full Version : EA is anti-Xbox!

xboxgamer142
02-09-2003, 02:25 AM
I'm getting really sick of EA. They really hate Xbox. First of all, they have never created an Xbox game AND THEN ported it to PS2. Its always the other way around. I bet they have some crappy deal with Sony. Then they cancel Battlefield 1942, one of the most anticipated Xbox games.

EA can SOMETIMES create a few OKAY games, like The Two Towers and 007 Nightfire, but they still hate Xbox and they have never made a game only for Xbox.

LucasArts, which is sometimes similar to EA (both end with "arts"), used to do it too. I mean, Starfighter, Jedi Starfighter, Clone Wars, Jedi Outcast, those are all ports. They created Star Wars: Obi Wan, which was Xbox-only, but it still sort of sucked. However, unlike EA, LucasArts is getting "out of the habit".

VeNoMiZA
02-09-2003, 06:53 AM
uughhh ok.........?

DarkMatter
02-09-2003, 12:01 PM
I agree. Why the hellp would they cancell Battlefeild 1942:eek: Those Mother ****ing *******S:D

OppiumNitrates
02-09-2003, 12:07 PM
EA, give me a break they arn't worth the time I'm taking here to write a poat dissing them . . . . EA is the worst game company, damn slackers . . . .

wweomaniac
02-09-2003, 12:20 PM
gawd... who cares. It's not that they hate XBox... its a financial decision.

The only good games they make are their sports franchises and Battlefield 1942. I could care less about the ever increasingly crappy bond series, and LOTR.

The only thing I'm ****ed aboot is Madden not being Live, and BF 1942 not coming, but I could care less b/c there's NFL 2k3 for Live... and I don't play live that much anyway :D

Stifler
02-09-2003, 12:53 PM
LucasArts treats the Xbox better than any other Console.

MerimacHamwich
02-09-2003, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by wweomaniac
gawd... who cares. It's not that they hate XBox... its a financial decision.

The only good games they make are their sports franchises and Battlefield 1942. I could care less about the ever increasingly crappy bond series, and LOTR.

The only thing I'm ****ed aboot is Madden not being Live, and BF 1942 not coming, but I could care less b/c there's NFL 2k3 for Live... and I don't play live that much anyway :D
Man, you really need to rethink your position on EA. If you think that underdeveloping games for the most powerful system is only a financial decision, you may be headed into a bad track for life. Usually game companies want a more powerful system so that they can make the games the way they want to. You know, amazing graphics, unique gameplay, innovative everything. Not EA though. They are satisfied with mediocre to crappy graphics, lac luster gameplay and "been used so much that its died 40 times" everything.

Shadow20002
02-09-2003, 05:20 PM
Just forget about EA... If you continue to unleash your fury around XBA, maybe there are mods of EA around here that will think the Xbox will die if we are not support from EA. Anyway, we have already some fantastic developers (Bungie, Tecmo, Bioware, Rare and lots more) that are making their games exclusively for Xbox. Then now, stop posting about EA, they will think they are so important for us. :rolleyes:

wweomaniac
02-09-2003, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
Man, you really need to rethink your position on EA. If you think that underdeveloping games for the most powerful system is only a financial decision, you may be headed into a bad track for life. Usually game companies want a more powerful system so that they can make the games the way they want to. You know, amazing graphics, unique gameplay, innovative everything. Not EA though. They are satisfied with mediocre to crappy graphics, lac luster gameplay and "been used so much that its died 40 times" everything.

In a recent conference call, EA's chief operating officer John Ricatello and chief executive officer Larry Probst fielded questions...

Question: Regarding allocating R&D dollars for the various consoles, what are your thoughts with regard to GameCube?

Mr. Ricatello: We're going through an assessment process right now for fiscal '04. The one comment I would make is that we're going to is continue to support the GameCube platform in genres that make sense. We're a little disappointed with the achievements in the sports category, so I think we'll look closer at the number of sports titles we develop for the GameCube in the coming year.

i don't think so. Theres about 9 million xboxs sold worldwide. Sony has sold probably 5-7 times more consoles than xbox. Whats the point of making games for a console that won't sell that may games (in relation to ps2). Its sort of a crappy investment.

EA also realized that sport games weren't selling too well on GCN. In fact, sports titles sell like crap on Gamecube. so theyre opting to produce less GCN titles also. it only makes sense.

Anthony4sho
02-09-2003, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by xboxgamer142
They really hate Xbox.

Tell me something I don't know.

SiGuy
02-09-2003, 06:43 PM
personally i could really give two *****s about EA. as long as we have companies like Bungie and EIDOS and Bethesda makin great games Im happy....... but Battlefield 1942 really ****es me off

MerimacHamwich
02-09-2003, 11:55 PM
I think it would have been a lack luster game on xbox anyway. They probably would have given us a chopped down, crappy graphics (like the pc one...), buggy, EA primetime software title version of it anyhow.

Kortiz
02-10-2003, 07:59 AM
lets face it. companies dont like MS.

Mahlon
02-10-2003, 11:08 AM
They gave me Tiger Woods Golf, one of my favorites.

Kraft
02-10-2003, 11:41 AM
Oh my god, how has this thread survived this long? I mean come on... Hey guys! The sun is really hot! (duh) If I run headlong into a brick wall it hurts! (duh) EA has crappy xbox support! (duh
). There are going to be companies that shaft the xbox, but rest assured that eventually there will be even more companies that go the extra mile for this system.

LynxFX
02-10-2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Kraft-XBA
...but rest assured that eventually there will be even more companies that go the extra mile for this system.
And those companies will be the ones that get my greenbacks. :)

Xaminor
02-10-2003, 01:55 PM
EA is digging their own graves every day, lol, I can't wait until it is dug. They tried to get all high and mighty with Sega and its DC system and all that came out of it was the best football, basketball, tennis, college basketball, and hockey franchises to date!!!! Hands down Sega Sports crushes EA, or at least the hardcore gamer realizes this...

The only sports titles EA does better than Sega are soccer and college football, and Sega doesn't do a soccer game. Boxing as well but Knockout Kings has gone downhill. They are definately in this for quantity and not quality anymore.

Kortiz
02-10-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Xaminor
EA is digging their own graves every day, lol, I can't wait until it is dug. They tried to get all high and mighty with Sega and its DC system and all that came out of it was the best football, basketball, tennis, college basketball, and hockey franchises to date!!!! Hands down Sega Sports crushes EA, or at least the hardcore gamer realizes this...

The only sports titles EA does better than Sega are soccer and college football, and Sega doesn't do a soccer game. Boxing as well but Knockout Kings has gone downhill. They are definately in this for quantity and not quality anymore.

EA is doing just fine not supporting MS. In fact, it would probably be unprofitable to show loads of support towards MS and hte Xbox.

No matter what, i dont think EA would support MS.