PDA

View Full Version : !-=Question=-! =) Plz Read =)

MaxPain
11-27-2001, 06:30 PM
I'm planning on buying an XBox this weekend. What I want to know is how hard are they to find. I hope not as hard as it was to find a ps2 last year. What I want to know is can I go into the store and pick one up? Or am I going to have to go at 3 a.m. and wait 10 hours to get one? :confused: :confused:
Thanks =)

Brian
11-27-2001, 07:07 PM
Only you can find those answers my friend! What that means is--is that it all depends if a lot of customers were there before you to hog all of them, and if not, you're pretty lucky.. hehe :)

leecow
11-28-2001, 05:00 PM
It seems that just enough are being released that those who are committed (heh heh ... he said committed) can probably score a console. I didn't pre-order but with a bit of luck and legwork was able to pick one up at Game Stop (mall store) on 11/16.

Good luck!

Frostberg
11-28-2001, 05:31 PM
Just call everyone by you and all stores that sell it in like a 30 mile radius. Its possible, no doubt...but the trouble is finding the one that has it...or one that knows when they will get some in

aronx
11-28-2001, 06:56 PM
I guess your gonna find out how hard it is.

Frostberg
11-28-2001, 06:58 PM
if you cant get it just order from ebgames.com I would of got it there but I couldnt wait 3 extra days so I decided to camp at walmart

batman46st
11-28-2001, 07:22 PM
goooooooooooooood freaking luck!! but when u do get it youll beone happy person

MaxPain
11-28-2001, 07:28 PM
Well, I don't really live in a big city, I've got a Wal-Mart/K-Mart/ToysRUs/and a pretty big mall with a Software etc. store. I guess this isnt the best time because I dont get my license until dec. 13th (when I turn 16 :D ) and I highly doubt my dad would understand the whole "camping" thing :p . So if I don't get one...... I'll be very disapointed :mad: . First game I get will probably be Halo, I think I'll rent some first to see though :D

Hugh_Jass
11-28-2001, 09:14 PM
Do people really camp post-launch?

Frostberg
11-28-2001, 09:21 PM
lol, I found walmart to be a comfy place with the nice chairs they, um, provided...yes thats right...I would do it again as long as the people would be as nice and knowledgeable....dome punk kid thought he was so smart and he was, well an idiot. He was like bragging how much he has waited for the xbox to everyone and him and some 40 year old dad got all confused...they were going back and forth saying things like "Does the Xbox have a hard drive?" "Yeah I think its 80 megabytes, or it could be 800 megabytes." They were so misinformed. If the beast had an 80MB HD, umm I dont even know how they would make one. The platter would be like an inch...It might as well have a CF card...anyway it was amusing to listen to them talk to each other. The dad thought the kid was like a, dare i say an Xboxaddict? lol

MaxPain
11-28-2001, 09:32 PM
haha.....hey Hugh Jass I've got no clue. That's what im trying to find out :D . Im sure they did for the ps2? Im just planning on walking in sometime dueing the middle of the day, :p

JeremyX
11-28-2001, 10:38 PM
I saw some at my local target store already. They said they get them in every week and that they usally sell out with in 2 days. Shouldn't be to hard to find one.