PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2

Halo40175
02-09-2003, 11:20 PM
Does anyone know when Halo 2 comes out of X Box?? I Love Halo and I hella want to get Halo 2

Flood
02-10-2003, 03:40 AM
i believe in october or november....i dont know the exact date off hand though

Casper
02-10-2003, 06:28 AM
They haven't really announced an official date, just said Q4. I would put my money down and go with what's been workiing for them the last 2 years and say Nov. 15th, but eh, I'm not Xbox Sales either.

thAshAdyOne
02-11-2003, 07:57 PM
i dont think its coming out of x box...........

Reclaimer
02-11-2003, 09:01 PM
Next Christmas according to people I talked to.

SiGuy
02-15-2003, 08:52 PM
dont tease the animals reclaimer. just look up Bungie in the phone book and give em a call

Reclaimer
02-17-2003, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by ~ManoWar~
dont tease the animals reclaimer. just look up Bungie in the phone book and give em a call

I wonder how many people tried to call them (Bungie). Awhile back, EB online was saying June, and I went to talk to my new found friend at Gamestop. He's the general manager. He said it was true, for a moment. His distributor's put out a message saying it was coming out and they received an invoice number for it. But the next day, he found out it was in error (from his bosses), and his distributor changed the date back for an unknown date next December.

l Maximus l
02-19-2003, 01:44 AM
Don't expect Halo 2 until this December...about 10 months from now and oh so worth the wait!!!

happyhotdog
02-19-2003, 11:31 PM
i would bet that is is coming out nov 15 because that when every thing comes out but w/e but nov 15 u will know when its coming out either way whats the difference between 7 months and 9 really

Reclaimer
02-19-2003, 11:48 PM
Well the reason I stated above. Next, according to Bungie's site, they'll release it when they feel like it's ready. That's why the summer release was canned. But they are shooting for Christmas, and when I find that link again, I'll post it.

Buccaneer21
02-20-2003, 06:28 PM
I'm counting the days for Halo 2.:cool:

c--b
02-20-2003, 08:57 PM
Graphics similar to Doom3, Gameplay similar to BattleFeild 1942 (Heh, longshot, but it sorta is) with the flying vehicles and ground vehicles in multiplayer on live plus voice communication. This game is gonna rock. Not to mention Leaning and sprinting (on par with one of may favorite games TrueCombat) as well as being able to shoot out lights and using stealth (I dont know how those Melee combos will work out)...

I cant wait for this game.

I must know when it will arrive!

[oXo]
02-21-2003, 08:48 AM
You guys must envy me when I say that I haven't even completed HALO 1 yet:D

I'm only at the part after you activate the bridge so I'm looking forward to much more eye candy....so far it's amazing...(DUH;))

Taking 1 mission at the time to make the game last.
Besides I only bought it some weeks ago...

l Maximus l
02-21-2003, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by [oXo]

I'm only at the part after you activate the bridge so I'm looking forward to much more eye candy....so far it's amazing...(DUH;))

Damn...keep in mind that Halo has a brilliant multi-player mode that will keep you coming back for many months to come. Hell, I've owned Halo since November 15, 2001, the launch of the XBox and I still play Halo's multi-player atleast every other day. No joke!

jabrre
02-22-2003, 12:26 PM
No matter what the celebration is on the release on Halo 2...you can bet its nothing compared to what its gonna be like when its online with XBOX Live. Playing multiplayer with friends at home is one thing, but going against people from the US and other countries will be something very special.

SiGuy
02-27-2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by [oXo]

beating the game isnt even half as fun as the multiplayer ( hate to disappoint you) after you beat it once theres really no point in returning to it un less you want to look for the extras like the alternate ending or the secret music or the talking grunt. Most of the fun in this game is in the multiplayer imo

No Fear 23
02-27-2003, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by ~ManoWar~
beating the game isnt even half as fun as the multiplayer ( hate to disappoint you) after you beat it once theres really no point in returning to it un less you want to look for the extras like the alternate ending or the secret music or the talking grunt. Most of the fun in this game is in the multiplayer imo

i played through the game alot, at least 50 times

it was so awesome for me. i mean, i went out to try different approaches on each level and to explore the map and see some really cool stuff.

cant wait to see what halo 2 will be like

Conchord
03-01-2003, 05:57 PM
who wants to bet money that H2, like Brute Force, will be pushed back in September for about another 5 months, and then some more when that release date nears...oh yea. did they release BF yet? im still confused...

SiGuy
03-01-2003, 07:04 PM
Dont jinx it man. You tryin to make everyone cry?

Reclaimer
03-02-2003, 03:05 AM
Well, think of it this way, I was reading that Q&A about Halo2 at the Bungie site, and I have determined with minimal of reading between the lines, to determine that Halo2 was slated to come out in June. Was being the key word. But I am assuming that they thought it wouldn't be ready by then. Why rush a game out? People will buy it when it comes our regardless of when. I see this push back, as sort of the way of perfection. They didn't think it was going to be ready by then, to hell with trying to put a date on it. It'll just come out, when it's ready, and when Bugie thinks it's ready.

Probably the most anitcipated game in console history. The sequel of the game that pretty much launced a console.

Duke
03-02-2003, 10:17 AM
I played through the game at all levels. It wasn't until I played on legendary that I really appreciated what a great game it was.

So, I don't think beating it once is all you can get out of Halo. However, I only play through the sp game when someone wants to check it out co-op style. I really wish I was motivated enough to hook up through XBC, but I can play other games till Halo 2 comes out.

sneak
03-05-2003, 06:13 PM
I talk to a guy that works at software etc.
here in BG

they said they think its going to be released
on AUG. 1

they got it where u can reserve ur copy now

Professor Kaos
03-07-2003, 10:52 PM
I'm saying sometime in 2003.

Reclaimer
03-07-2003, 11:57 PM
How about early 2004? According to the Bungie site, that is. So don't hold you breath. But, delay is good. That means they want it to be perfect, and are not bowing to presure to release it early.

sneak
03-08-2003, 02:23 PM
ok i just got back from software etc.
an i reserved my copy
that will come on the first shipment

there saying now that it will
be out someimes in oct..

they also said they push the date around
alot so there not for sure when it will be released

Professor Kaos
03-08-2003, 05:04 PM
I've got my copy full paid for too.

Reclaimer
03-08-2003, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by sneak
ok i just got back from software etc.
an i reserved my copy
that will come on the first shipment

there saying now that it will
be out someimes in oct..

they also said they push the date around
alot so there not for sure when it will be released

So despite the fact that Bungie issues a press release stating that the game won't come out until after 2004, you still preorder the game on the basis that the guy at the gamestore say's October? Interesting. I'd at least take the word from the people making the game. Halo has such a huge following and Bungie seems very committed to their fans (just look at their websites), I think there's no reason for them to lie.

ShannonX
03-08-2003, 09:08 PM
just thinking of halo makes me want to play through the game again.. =) one day i will record my entire game on video and see if i can do it in one video tape... which i should be able to do.. =)

c--b
03-09-2003, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Reclaimer
So despite the fact that Bungie issues a press release stating that the game won't come out until after 2004, you still preorder the game on the basis that the guy at the gamestore say's October? Interesting. I'd at least take the word from the people making the game. Halo has such a huge following and Bungie seems very committed to their fans (just look at their websites), I think there's no reason for them to lie.

Its a well know fact (well maybe not well known) that Video Game Stores that pre-order games often say they're comming out much sooner than they really are. Cant remember why, but there was somthing on Gamasutra about it.

I'll try and find a link.

Reclaimer
03-09-2003, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by c--b
Its a well know fact (well maybe not well known) that Video Game Stores that pre-order games often say they're comming out much sooner than they really are. Cant remember why, but there was somthing on Gamasutra about it.

I'll try and find a link.

You can probably be assured they do that so that you will spend the money at their store. It's a given that Halo2 will come out. No doubt about it. When, well, who knows, but game stores will tell you whatever to make the money. I was just at gamespy and right next to the article that states Halo2 new pushed back release date was a link for EB's preorder. It's all about the cash my friend.

BTW, I just went back to make sure I wasn't talking out the side of my ass, and Gamespy updated their article stating that Bungie is pushing for a First Quarter 2004 date.

Personally I think it's kind of silly to preorder Halo2 right now. But hey, whatever, it's your money.

SoccerCJM77
03-28-2003, 12:57 PM
It's coming around it march 2004

ImmortalTech
03-28-2003, 06:58 PM
can't wait for it

SoccerCJM77
03-29-2003, 11:18 AM
I'm mad that they changed the date. I was already waiting for a year and now they change the date again

Yannie Boy
03-30-2003, 12:41 PM
i say to bungie....to take as much time as they need to make the game as best as they possibly can.............ill wait no matter what

Blind-RazoR
03-31-2003, 04:12 PM
I know this is going to be a sweet game and will again be the best game next to . . . .well Halo of course. . . .I thought they said Febuary as the release date, not march. . . did they extend the date again

Dr_J
04-01-2003, 04:16 PM
Xmas, 2004

Slayer02
04-02-2003, 12:22 AM
We will see it sooner than that, they just don't want to have a deadline. We will probably see it Nov 15th 2003.

Variation-XBA
04-02-2003, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by Slayer02
We will see it sooner than that, they just don't want to have a deadline. We will probably see it Nov 15th 2003.

Its already been announced for 2004, not 2003