PDA

View Full Version : *~X-Box Launch~*

bbchs_trash
11-27-2001, 09:08 PM
November 15th, the wettest day of the year. The day that featured all of our wet dreams. The day that I went to school and had to deal with all of my teachers crap. The day I went home and waited around an hour to go pick the bundle up. But when I finally arrived to Electronics Boutique and saw all of my stuff being loaded into the beatutiful X-Box bag(which I kept) I started to jump up and down with pride as I watched the guy that was playing the Halo demo look at me with his mouth hanging wide open(he was like 45). I walked out of the mall with my bodygaurd(dad) and finally got to the truck in which I let out a high pitched scream and started giggling in joy. After the wait of over a year I finally got it. I gawked over my games as we got stuck in a traffic jam and showed them to my dad with pride although he didn't seem to care that much as he thinks I waisted my money. But when I got home and slowly unpackaged my X-box and got over it's beauty I finally hooked it up and popped in Halo. The most incredible game I'd ever player or seen. I skipped school the day after and played NFL Fever all day long until later that night when I had a friend over and we played Halo split screen. If Microsoft could've made this system any better I don't know what they would've done. The system is just so perfect in every way that with all the screen shots and system numbers and stats that I'd seen didn't mean anything. This is basically my first time to come online since I got my X-box(except for when I was away from home) and the only reason I'm on is because I beat Halo yesterday evening. Now that I have heard that Playstation 2 is dropping to $149.99 on January first I am planning on making yet another consle purchase. Of course I know it isn't that great but I do want o play Metal Gear Solid 2 and Grand Theft Auto 3, which is the only game I feel that is in Halo's league of fun, but I'm still not sure if I'll buy that or just wait until they release those games for X-box. I think I might wait and make a couple of game purchases. But my real reason for this post is to see if anyone has outplayed any of their launch purchases. I'm not sure if I have but I'm certainly not quite as excited as I first was, and I don't come home and play it every day. I think I might have outplayed Fever because of Madden, but I also think I might have outdone Madden. I don't want to play all the way through Halo again but I might just have to so I can keep all of my hatred of school concealed. I really did grow on my little Marines in that game and I only wish that they could've survived and didn't have to turn into those little bastard things. I couldn't belive what happened to Keyes but it was still cool. I am highly thinking of playing on Legendary to see the seperate ending, but does anyone know if it's worth it? I'd really like to know...

Coll
11-27-2001, 09:55 PM
Haven't had the fortune of playing my xbox yet. Have to wait till Christmas. So, I've been buying all the games I can get my hands on. Should you decide to go legendary-let me know what you think...

l Maximus l
11-28-2001, 11:32 AM
I started playing Legendary and I noticed that it is a completely different story. The Captain is much more vocal as he describes much more chaos, etc...I will have to say, that it took me about 2 hours to get off the ship just so I could get on the first level!!! It is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hard!!! Man, I thought I had this game beat until I put it on Legendary mode...I gaurantee that this mode will take much much much longer to beat...

I just started the first level and let me tell you......you can't even compare it to Normal mode...it's like playing a different game. It's extremely tough.

DrUnKtAnK
11-28-2001, 11:39 AM
I agree Maximus, Legendary is very difficult....I guess I need to polish up first before moving to that level. Hell it took my 15 minutes to get out of the room next to the 'bridge' after talking with Keyes.....I love this game.