PDA

View Full Version : Pray to god our Rallisport series never goes to PS2

wweomaniac
02-12-2003, 04:20 PM
EA & D.I.C.E. Deal

Electronic Arts sends word that they've come to a distribution agreement with Digital Illusions C.E. The publisher acquired a minority stake in the Swedish developer which is known for their Pinball series, Battlefield 1942 and RalliSport Challenge and will distribute D.I.C.E games to come.

Battlefield 1942 showed us what DICE could do with the right publishing partner for its original IP," said DICE CEO Patrick Soderlund from the company's headquarters in Gothenburg, Sweden. "We are a company with tremendous talent, powerful intellectual properties and many ideas for new games. Now, with the financial backing and global publishing reach of Electronic Arts, DICE can focus on becoming a major force in the world of entertainment."

I'm slowly starting to build up hatrid towards EA.

Kraft
02-12-2003, 04:36 PM
How funny would that be if Battlefield 1942 appeared on PS2 with online capabilities? See, I have an advantage over you, wwe... I've hated EA for a long time. I remember when they used to be the crappy game manufacturer that couldn't compete with great companies like Capcom, Tecmo, Hudson Soft.... now they are the crappy company that competes with everyone...

Xbox Owner
02-12-2003, 04:48 PM
God I'm really starting to hate EA's guts

wweomaniac
02-12-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Kraft-XBA
I remember when they used to be the crappy game manufacturer that couldn't compete with great companies like Capcom, Tecmo, Hudson Soft.... now they are the crappy company that competes with everyone... meh... i feel that their games were great and the quality has just regressed. I dont think they always sucked. Their NHL and Madden franchises were top of the line quality, and they've become less innovative and more incomplete. I just hope they don't bring this "low quality" curse to DICE games. :confused:

Bravo_2
02-12-2003, 11:27 PM
Can I get some linkage? Last time I checked, I bought Rallisport Challenge off the Microsoft company store... now don't get me wrong, but doesn't that kinda mean Microsoft, well, owns the game? Everything on the company store is XBox Exclusive and made by Microsoft.

xbox genius
02-12-2003, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Bravo_2
Can I get some linkage? Last time I checked, I bought Rallisport Challenge off the Microsoft company store... now don't get me wrong, but doesn't that kinda mean Microsoft, well, owns the game? Everything on the company store is XBox Exclusive and made by Microsoft.

ya i think it is microsofts game... at least thats what i thought it was. anyways it wont go to ps2. well maybe they will get rallisprot challenge when we get rallisport challenge 2!!!!! lol

i seriously doubt it will go to ps2

Liquid Gears
02-12-2003, 11:51 PM
They better the he!l not get Rallisport. Screw that, they got their own racing series. What's the name..............hm...........I can't remember.

Oh wait.....yeah, that Grand Turismo (I think) series

Bravo_2
02-13-2003, 12:56 AM
Yeah, Microsoft owns all the rights to Rallisport. Read IGN's version of the article. D.I.C.E. makes such "original" games on Xbox as Shrek! oooOOOOooooo :eek:

canadianboi3
02-13-2003, 09:45 AM
Shrek, hahaha, my friends little brother rented it...CRAPPY GAME.

Ninja Scroll
02-13-2003, 10:57 AM
Microsoft owns the rights to Rallisport Challenge.
DICE was just the developer.
EA can do whatever they want, but they will never get the Rallisport series to appear on anything other than a MS console.

btw, to anyone whome owns this classic rally racer, just look on the back of your DVD case and in fine print at the bottom it will indicate Rallisport is a registered trademark of Microsoft.

*Ninja murders dis thread with a rumor fact killer* :cool:

pimpin aint easy.

xboxgamer142
02-13-2003, 11:41 AM
Rallisport Challenge is a Microsoft game and was ONLY DEVELOPED by Digital Illusions. EA has never owned Rallisport, doesn't, AND NEVER WILL!

EA published Battlefield 1942, therefore they can bring the game to any platform they want.

EA is an "average" company. They made a few good games like Two Towers and Nightfire, as well as those MOH games, but otherwise they have a low game standard, but a high presentation standard.

wweomaniac
02-13-2003, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Bravo_2
Can I get some linkage? Last time I checked, I bought Rallisport Challenge off the Microsoft company store... now don't get me wrong, but doesn't that kinda mean Microsoft, well, owns the game? Everything on the company store is XBox Exclusive and made by Microsoft. http://www.gamerfeed.com/index.php?story=1479

and the article on top was on the same website but i cant find it anymore.

so it said "they will distribute D.I.C.E games to come. ". that boggled my mind. Don't shoot the messenger. :)

SiGuy
02-13-2003, 05:21 PM
Rallisports too good a game to go to POS2. But i gotta admit, PS2 has some games I wouldnt mind seeing on the Xbox

Bravo_2
02-13-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by wweomaniac
http://www.gamerfeed.com/index.php?story=1479

and the article on top was on the same website but i cant find it anymore.

so it said "they will distribute D.I.C.E games to come. ". that boggled my mind. Don't shoot the messenger. :)

*shoots the messenger*

oops... It wasn't me! *runs*

xboxman_1
02-13-2003, 06:29 PM
Shrek, hahaha, my friends little brother rented it...CRAPPY GAME.

Shrek?? Your friends little brother rented it, ehh?? O ya, well MY friends little brother BOUGHT it!!!

Stormlord
02-13-2003, 06:51 PM
I'm a little worried but not all the way. Let's just hope that EA doesn't convince DI to stop Midtown Madness 3 from making it to the box. :D

Bravo_2
02-13-2003, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Stormlord
I'm a little worried but not all the way. Let's just hope that EA doesn't convince DI to stop Midtown Madness 3 from making it to the box. :D

.... Uhhh... Midtown Madness is also Microsoft's game, not DI's.

Stormlord
02-13-2003, 07:56 PM
I know it's an MS game but what if EA uses voodoo on DI and tells them not to finish the game? :D :D Hey it could happen.

Bravo_2
02-13-2003, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Stormlord
I know it's an MS game but what if EA uses voodoo on DI and tells them not to finish the game? :D :D Hey it could happen.

Then mutant rats would escape a lab and run around and spread polio to all the little 12 ounce babies with four fingers! God help us all...

JJaX
02-14-2003, 12:05 PM
JJaX gets into prayer stance

Goh... You know you ma boi righ? Please Goh, dont let rali sport come to playstation two. Thank you for your time Goh.

Unreal
02-15-2003, 03:40 PM
Its hard to say if it will or not. I think the series is MS though.

Stormlord
02-15-2003, 10:42 PM
JJax was your D button busted? :confused: WTF is goh.

Insane Jester
02-16-2003, 10:36 AM
who cares if a game goes to ps2 or a ps2 games comes to xbox ? most people have both systems anyway and those who dont arnt missing out on much anyway.. why all this stupid bickering over which game should stay with what console.. let all games be available on all console's i say.