PDA

View Full Version : Which is the best rpg for xbox??

TkAY
02-12-2003, 05:05 PM
I love rpg's and as i got xbox i was looking for rpg's all over and trying to figure out which is best?
I dont own one yet but i would like to see peoples coments on which is best and pros and cons about the best
if you say a game is best please give description why it is
i hope i get good answers because i dont know which to get
(o and plz no1 post about azurik because it sux and its not rpg)

xboxman_1
02-12-2003, 05:39 PM
RPG's are pretty scarce for xbox, but as of now, its hands down The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. My favorite game, second to only the mighty Halo. It's an open ended RPP, meaning there is no real story line...there is a basic "main" story, but you don't have to follow it, you can run around doing whatever you want. I recommend it to anyone.

TkAY
02-12-2003, 05:42 PM
i really wanna try this game where would be the best place to get it and if i do get it do i need strategy guide? if so which one is best? why is it better then a diffrent if there are more then 1 and i might be able to find strategy guide online,,, would i really need one??

EHWfedPres
02-12-2003, 08:41 PM
Morrowind is the best...the only other rpg is baldurs gate.

TkAY
02-12-2003, 09:00 PM
2 questions
if i get morrowind will i need a strategy guide or this game isnt that hard?
and what is this people are saying? the game freezes? and grafix mess up? explain plz i dont understand what you mean by this

xboxman_1
02-12-2003, 09:38 PM
You might need the strategy guide...but for a game of this magnitude there is only one strategy guide - the official one. Its so big, they gave it a title, "Mowworind Prophecies." it does help quite a bit, but its definitely not necessary.

Knight
02-12-2003, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
Morrowind is the best...the only other rpg is baldurs gate.

There's is one more RPG Meta Dugeon but it's not any good.

just some guy
02-13-2003, 08:05 AM
you don't need any strategy guides and the game will on occassion freeze up as your profile increases in size. The way to remedy that is too save often which you'll find yourself doing anyway, so don't worry. Get the game it's one of the best on the xbox.

EHWfedPres
02-13-2003, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by TkAY
2 questions
if i get morrowind will i need a strategy guide or this game isnt that hard?
and what is this people are saying? the game freezes? and grafix mess up? explain plz i dont understand what you mean by this

If you are getting morrowind, you dont NEED the strategy guide, but it helps ALOT.
and my game dosent freeze, graphics dont get messed up, nothing bad. Some idiots dont like the game so they try to spoil it on everyone else by making sh*t up.

xboxgamer142
02-19-2003, 05:21 AM
Either Morrowind or Shenmue II. There is also Baldur's Gate, but that isn't as good.

EHWfedPres
02-19-2003, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by xboxgamer142
Either Morrowind or Shenmue II. There is also Baldur's Gate, but that isn't as good.

Shenmue 2 is an action/adventure game...not an rpg.

Nameless
02-19-2003, 06:35 PM
EHW what is the fighting system like in Morrowind? Is it turn based?

TheCovenant
02-22-2003, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
If you are getting morrowind, you dont NEED the strategy guide, but it helps ALOT.
and my game dosent freeze, graphics dont get messed up, nothing bad. Some idiots dont like the game so they try to spoil it on everyone else by making sh*t up.

dde and crashes are extremely frequent in the game, and do detract from the overall expirience.........

Ehwfedpres, you must have some sort of super copy that never breaks and got all the bugs fixed out of. I love morrowind. a lot. i dont have the strategy guide and never needed it. what help can it possibly provide in an open ended game where you're supposed to do whatever YOU want?

i'm not making this up, morrowind is one of the best, yet buggiest, games i have ever played. I definatly recommend it only to the hardcore player who doesnt mind the bugs......(and frequent crashes)

oddworld20-3000
03-15-2003, 11:44 AM
Right now Morrowind but later in the future Deus Ex 2.

ImmortalTech
03-26-2003, 04:49 PM
i can't wait for a good rpg to come out for xbox and be online. is there one that is coming out on Live?

Shadow Fox
03-26-2003, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by ImmortalTech
i can't wait for a good rpg to come out for xbox and be online. is there one that is coming out on Live? Supposedly True Fantasy Live is the closest online RPG Xbox will have; the other is the multiplatform StarWars Galaxies.

It's unclear right now as to whether these MMORPG's will be Persistent MMORPG's, or just MMORPG's with different hubs/pucks of 1000+ peeps. Probably the latter considering XboxLive's architecture.

-Official Ninja of XboxAddict

Slayer02
03-26-2003, 10:39 PM
Morrowind is great. I have only had it freeze up a few times with some minor bugs. I had a save file messed up once but that's the worse thing to ever happen. I highly reccomend this one to anyone who likes FPS/RPGs.

LongBow
03-27-2003, 08:04 AM
I want to get True Fantasy , but not if its gets a monthy fee. There is no point in adding another fee on top of the LIVE fee. If its fee free, than Ill get it for sure! and Morrowind only messed up once for me. mmm.. Morrowind rocks. get it.:cool:

Variation-XBA
03-27-2003, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Shadow Fox
Supposedly True Fantasy Live is the closest online RPG Xbox will have; the other is the multiplatform StarWars Galaxies.

It's unclear right now as to whether these MMORPG's will be Persistent MMORPG's, or just MMORPG's with different hubs/pucks of 1000+ peeps. Probably the latter considering XboxLive's architecture.

It will be a changing world, with patches constantly adding/changing things in the world.

And yes, there will be a fee for SWG

Shadow Fox
03-27-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Variation
It will be a changing world, with patches constantly adding/changing things in the world.

And yes, there will be a fee for SWG Both will be persistant online MMORPG's? Link?

And I think LongBow was asking about TFO having a fee, not Galaxies, Variation.

-Official Ninja of XboxAddict

Variation-XBA
03-27-2003, 09:55 PM
I was only talking about SWG, not sure bout TFO :0 Sorry for the confusion.

LongBow
03-28-2003, 07:36 AM
That sucks, why would you have to pay a fee on top of LIVE with SWG, eh? What makes it differnet than GR? Ill be ****ed if TFO has a fee :mad:

Variation-XBA
03-28-2003, 12:21 PM
Because they pay devs to constantly add things, take out bugs, etc etc...

GR isnt a game where it needs server that can handle thousands of players at the same time, AND storing all your info on them (MMORPGS save eveyrhting server side, not client side to prevent hacking/cheating), plus the cost of bandwidth, it makes sence if you look at it from the other side of things.

Humanarchy
04-12-2003, 02:28 AM
I bought Morrowind the first day it came out. About a month after playing the game keep freezing and crashing. I was really p*ssed off about it. But, I bite the bullet and bought another copy. No prob.s since then. I love Morrowind. Baldur's gate is great too, a lot like Diablo. I'm looking forward to a LOTR MMORPG!

sinfulgothic
04-26-2003, 01:21 PM
Shenmue II may be categorised as an Action/RPG on Xbox's official page, but it comes very close to being a stylish RPG. Just because it isn't conventional and blends elements of RPG with action/puzzle gaming, doesn't make it any less of an RPG. If anything, I would reccomend either that or Phantasy Star Online Episode I+II.

Galen
04-28-2003, 07:44 PM
morrowind is just long. doesnt make it good. it is involveed....but its also mediocre on the graphics and gameplay. so. just depends what you want.

Galen
04-28-2003, 07:45 PM
The D%D game coming out looks awesome!

vikebv
04-30-2003, 10:49 AM
I think also that Morrowind is the best RPG out there right now, there is so much to do, and you will be addicted to it if you get it. I am looking forward to the SWG game though, it looks awesome. I didn't know that they are possible coming out with a LOTR rpg, that would be cool.

vikebv

NINE BREAKER
05-01-2003, 12:04 AM
Morrowind is the best RPG, imo. I'm ready for the X-Men one. But if you really want a RPG, watch for Fable, or some people know it as Project Ego, what ever you call it, it should be AWESOME! And aren't Nightcaster 1 and 2 RPG's? Some one told me that 2 isn't bad.

Galen
05-01-2003, 07:07 PM
when I got morrowind on ebay...the descrition read "this game almost ruined my marriage...so I am selling it". :) so. that should tell you how addictive it is.

Humanarchy
05-02-2003, 03:37 AM
Yes, I can afirm that statement. I'm sure that Morrowind had a hand in the break-up of me and my ex-girlfriend. Nonetheless, I kept the game and kicked the girlfriend to the curb! :rofl:

beekster101
05-02-2003, 03:39 PM
Hopefully we'll get some RPG love at this years E3

jaboo
05-04-2003, 12:39 PM
currently morrowind is the best rpg

but which is gonna be the best rpg in o say.....6 months:watchout: