PDA

View Full Version : What are

Liquid Ice
02-12-2003, 09:17 PM
New to the XBOX longtime PC gamer and avid FSP fan. Was wandering what you would say are the top 5 or 10 games in this catagory for the XBOX?

Reclaimer
02-12-2003, 10:48 PM
FPS games... Halo. Hands down winner. Still the undefeated FPS combat game for the shooter. Not much left after that.

SiGuy
02-27-2003, 02:53 PM
hitman 2-but not really a first person shooter, and halo and thats about all there is. I dont know about Nightfire

fowlowl
02-27-2003, 11:57 PM
Also try out Timesplitters 2

MerimacHamwich
02-28-2003, 12:57 AM
Unreal Championship, although if you have Unreal Tournament 2003 for PC you will be alittle disapointed with the xbox version. Halo(ofcourse)
Timesplitters 2
Ghost Recon (you would probably like it beter on xbxo than PC)
Conflict Desert Storm(I really enjoy this title)
Medal Of Honor: Frontline (PS2 port, so you may be disapointed)
James Bond: Agent Under Fire
Night Fire(both PS2 ports, damn EA, so you may be disapointed)
Serious Sam
Star Wars Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast
Indiana Jones and the Emporers Tomb

Reclaimer
03-04-2003, 02:16 AM
Conflict Desert Storm is a surprise hit. I played it through, and I loved it, but then I played it with three military friends, oh lord that game rocks. We had a blast with that game. We're still playing it. Halo and CDS. Sure CDS doesn't have deathmatch, but that's not the point. The co-op game rocks.

Shadow20002
03-04-2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Reclaimer
Conflict Desert Storm is a surprise hit. I played it through, and I loved it, but then I played it with three military friends, oh lord that game rocks. We had a blast with that game. We're still playing it. Halo and CDS. Sure CDS doesn't have deathmatch, but that's not the point. The co-op game rocks.

There are sequel coming in this fall, called Conflict: Desert Sabre. Take a look on it. :p

Reclaimer
03-05-2003, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by Shadow20002
There are sequel coming in this fall, called Conflict: Desert Sabre. Take a look on it. :p

Cool, we just got done playing a few missions on CDS a little while ago. It never really get's old. I was hoping there would be a sequel. I wish that game got some more popularity, because for what it's worth, it's a good game. Sure, Ghost Recon is the best military shooter out there, but CDS offers some great 4 player action using authentic missions from the real war.

MerimacHamwich
03-05-2003, 02:22 AM
Dude, I tottally agree with you. Well, except that Ghost Recon is the best military shooter, I am not sure if it is in my top spot yet. Its a great game in some respects but it has little naggy things that mak me wonder sometimes.

Anyhow, yeah, my brothers and I LOVED Conflict: Desert Storm. Talk about quality gaming. I don't know why it got such little attention and praise. Infact, I don't think it got any praise at all. I think of it kind of like SOCOM: Navy Seals for the Xbox, with a little better (or the same) graphics and better gameplay. I am glad to find someone else who thinks the game is great. If the sequel is online, and if you get a chance to get XBL, I definetly want to get some games in with you.
:)

Slayer02
03-07-2003, 01:16 PM
Hmm, Yeah CDS didn't get any recognition (Only way I know if it is by seeing it on the shelf in Target, pretty sad huh?) Well anyways, I will probably pick it up.

MerimacHamwich
03-08-2003, 12:38 AM
I recommend it.
:)

Reclaimer
03-08-2003, 05:02 AM
Well, none of us have made it to Ghost Recon yet, but man, CDS is tight when you have 3 other guys who are all trained the same way, and can apply it to a game. We all have excellent communication to each other, but we never have to ask for an action to be done. If cover needs to be laid down, it's already done, sniping if covered and so on. Fire discipline and squad movement is already perfected... I haven't played Ghost Recon, but I can guess if it's entirely first person, then it's got to be an awesome experience, but is it 4 man co-op on one machine? I know it's Live enabled, but we're not on Live. Until then Conflict Desert Storm all the way.