PDA

View Full Version : 5.1 DD AND Component Cable for XBOX? PLEASE HELP!

slaggbot
02-13-2003, 12:44 PM
Is there a cable out there for the XBOX that allows you TOSLINK AND Component video?

It seems that you either have to go Component out with Analog audio with Monster X400 cable, OR you have to get the XBOX av pack and go S-Video and and TOSLINK to get the Dolby Digital Surround Sound.

This totally sucks, I want Component Video, AND Toslink for DD5.1 for my XBOX. I have a $15,000 home theater system and I want BOTH, dangit.

Is there anythign out there that will do it? Please help.

LynxFX
02-13-2003, 01:10 PM
Yes the HD A/V pack which can be found right next to the Advanced A/V pack and costs the same $20. The monster MX400 cables also have component video and optical out. You just have to purchase their proprietary optical cable.

slaggbot
02-13-2003, 01:56 PM
Thanx so much bro. On the XBOX HD A/V pack, can you use your own Toslink cable?

LynxFX
02-13-2003, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by slaggbot
Thanx so much bro. On the XBOX HD A/V pack, can you use your own Toslink cable?

No problem, and yes you can use any standard toslink cable you want on the HD A/V pack. :)

l Maximus l
02-15-2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx-XBA
No problem, and yes you can use any standard toslink cable you want on the HD A/V pack. :)

With the Monster 400 series cables, you have to use Monster's proprietary toslink cable? I have the Monster 400s but don't have a surround sound system yet...so, I wouldn't know.

Dude, I may be getting a promotion with my day job...and if this happens, my wife gave me her blessing that I can get a surround sound system. I interview on the 18th of Feb at 4:15pm PST :D

Frostberg
02-15-2003, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
With the Monster 400 series cables, you have to use Monster's proprietary toslink cable? I have the Monster 400s but don't have a surround sound system yet...so, I wouldn't know.

Dude, I may be getting a promotion with my day job...and if this happens, my wife gave me her blessing that I can get a surround sound system. I interview on the 18th of Feb at 4:15pm PST :D

MAXY!!!!!!!!!

So yeah if you already own the gamelink 400x all you need is the gamelink 100X which is basically an optical cable with a little plug that goes right into the end of the 400x.

Its gotta connect somehow, and you would need an optical cable anyway...plus i like the quality of the 400x over MSs HD pack