PDA

View Full Version : Does this mean we won't see anymore Sega Games at home?

WynnFire
02-13-2003, 01:40 PM
Bad News for console owners, I think.

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/02/13/business/13CND-SEGA.html?ex=1046156830&ei=1&en=0f3d4afb0f71ee57

RudedogX
02-13-2003, 01:47 PM
Good article there. I would probably say that Sammy (the maker of the pachinko machines), would be smart enough to realize that there is still money to be made in the videogame industry. Who knows, maybe they are going to try to produce their own console? Either way, seems to me that this didn't kill sega, seeing as anybody who bought sega, would realize that it's market value is not in the name, as much as the products that it has produced. I'd say we'll definetly still be seeing sega on the game market, just maybe under a slightly different name.

wbio
02-16-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by rudedogX
Good article there. I would probably say that Sammy (the maker of the pachinko machines), would be smart enough to realize that there is still money to be made in the videogame industry. Who knows, maybe they are going to try to produce their own console? Either way, seems to me that this didn't kill sega, seeing as anybody who bought sega, would realize that it's market value is not in the name, as much as the products that it has produced. I'd say we'll definetly still be seeing sega on the game market, just maybe under a slightly different name.
Yeah, I couldn't imagine them not making ne more console games. That would suck. I love the Sega sports games.

Cloud Strife
02-17-2003, 05:32 PM
I saw this article the other day. I happen to like the move because I really like Sega and Sammy. Sammy has published great games like Guilty Gear X, Galerians: Ash, etc. This deal I think is going to strenghten the two companies. The problem is this move might now increase Xbox support from the companies.

I'm glad to see Sega's going to release Rent A Hero No. 1 for Xbox stateside.;)

kachingtensor
02-18-2003, 07:15 PM
I believe Sega will continue to make home console games.:D And Sammy gets Chihiro board technology access.