PDA

View Full Version : BurnOut 2 for Xbox Live !!!

Hitman101
02-13-2003, 02:55 PM
Well Burnout fans look like your get a little present, BurnOut 2 is going to be fully compatible with xbox live when it come out. Check the Article below.

From TeamXbox.com (http://www.teamxbox.com/news.php?id=4108)

Burnout 2: Point of Impact boasts larger tracks, fully tuned-up custom motors and all-new thrilling smashes. Reckless driving is rewarded with an improved Burnout meter: take to the air, slide through corners or swerve to avoid a near head-on collision to fill the meter before unleashing an adrenalin fuelled speed boost. A new points system allows you to unlock challenges and modes throughout the game.

New and exclusive content for Xbox version:

-15 additional Crash mode junctions – the world’s favourite Burnout mode just got bigger. The ‘Crash for Cash’ mode is now bigger and better, with 15 brand new dangerous Crash junctions. Double the madness. Double the carnage. Double the insurance premiums.

-Extra decal sets available for all Custom Series cars – Four additional custom decal sets are selectable for all CS vehicles e.g. ‘Red Dragon’ and ‘Union Jack’ decal sets only available in Xbox version.

-Increased polygon count on ALL player cars – utilizing the extra graphical power available on the Xbox – vehicles have more than twice the detail than in the PS2 version.
Real-time cubic environment mapping – all vehicles reflect the game world making the vehicles look much more realistic.
Custom soundtracks option – this allows you to create your own Burnout 2 soundtrack, choosing the specially composed original music for Burnout 2 – or any of your own music you’ve stored on the Xbox hard disk.

-In-game real-time Dolby Digital 5.1 audio – experience Burnout 2 like never before. Dolby Digital 5.1 provides the ultimate Burnout 2 experience. Feel the roar of the traffic as 5.1 discrete channels of surround sound give the most exciting and entertaining racing experience yet.

-Acclaim also revealed that the game will be Xbox Live compatible and it will support HDTV.

Xbox Live™ features:

-Xbox Live hi-score table support – Compare your Burnout 2 skills with the best Burnout players in the world and your friends.

-Over sixty online leader boards including best time on each track, highest scores in Crash Mode and other Burnout 2 statistics.

http://www.teamxbox.com/images/games/ss/440/1045161776.jpg

Have fun on those streets Racers !!!

wweomaniac
02-13-2003, 03:18 PM
this was announced like a month ago :rolleyes:

xboxmaster2002
02-13-2003, 03:25 PM
ive herd that this isnt going to be playable online but you can download stuff and upload your scores.. but if it is playable online thats great.

VeNoMiZA
02-13-2003, 03:36 PM
im looking forward to this game if part one waz great part two has to be even greater :)

GokuX
02-13-2003, 03:54 PM
If you can play online then I'm there. I enjoyed the first one and this one looks to be more spectacular crash wise. I just wish they'd turn off the jupiter gravity whenever you crash. Things come to a stop too abruptly.

LynxFX
02-13-2003, 04:37 PM
it will support HDTV
Like the last one? :rolleyes:

I sure hope they figured out what that phrase actually means this time around.

I hope it is playable on Live though and not just track stats and downloads. That is a disturbing trend IMO and a cop out to what Live actually is.