PDA

View Full Version : Capcom Vs. SNK 2 EO controller?!!

Liquid Gears
02-13-2003, 04:46 PM
What's the best controller to use on Capcom Vs. SNK 2 EO? The main XBox controller sucks ass, what do you guys use?

studepaber
02-13-2003, 08:04 PM
I'm using the S controller, which seems to be more responsive than the regular one. I need to find an arcade stick desperately though, my thumb's getting a blister :(

Liquid Gears
02-13-2003, 09:55 PM
That's what I was thinking to buy. So you think the Controller S is the best for XBox? If yes, then I might pick one up.

Flood
02-14-2003, 02:02 AM
dude, if you don't have an s controller, you really should go out right now and get one....it's seriously my favorite controller since the NES Max:
http://nes.captainn.net/img/hrd_acc_max.jpg

studepaber
02-14-2003, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears
That's what I was thinking to buy. So you think the Controller S is the best for XBox? If yes, then I might pick one up.

I'd get that or get a Dreambox converter that allows you to play PS/PS2 contollers (which I find more compatible for fighting games.) My only problem with the S controller is that I prefer the button layout from the regular controllers (with the black and white button to the right of the other button instead of below them).

RudedogX
02-14-2003, 01:38 PM
The S controller definetly does wonders for a lot of the games!

studepaber
02-14-2003, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by rudedogX
The S controller definetly does wonders for a lot of the games!

I can't use it for FPS games though, like Halo, aiming seems harder.

Liquid Gears
02-14-2003, 06:49 PM
But have you compared controllers on Capcom vs. SNK 2 EO yet? That's what I'm wondering, cause I'm looking at buying a new controller just for this game. You know....to get those combos down pat.

[[What's best for CvSNK2?]]

The Normal XBox controller?

or

The XBox Controller S?

studepaber
02-14-2003, 09:56 PM
hrrrmmm....well the button layout is better on the regular controller, but the s contoller's D-pad is better for doing combos, supers. Also the size of the S controller seems more fit for this game. If your choice is between those two I'd probably get the S controller, but if you can find an arcade stick (maybe a Reflex Stick, although I've heard both positive and negative things about it), I may go with that since it's under $30.

The Jackal
02-17-2003, 06:11 PM
yeah from the way the buttons are layed out on the S controller i really dont think id like it at all.... it doesnt look good for doin combos and stuff... but the D-pad seems a lot better than the regular controller

Cloud Strife
02-17-2003, 06:18 PM
I haven't played the game yet but I'd use the S controller. I am considering buying the game for PS2 because I like using that controller for Guilty Gear X2 a lot. The GC controller is even worse for the game.

I never want to touch the older Xbox controller because it's too big and bulky for my small hands.:D

Piccolo_DBz
02-17-2003, 07:58 PM
well you can always get the magicbox to use your ps2 controller on your xbox.

Liquid Gears
02-17-2003, 09:30 PM
I think the Playstation controller blows. I'd never want to do that Piccolo. But I was thinking about that Magic Box and using an old Sega Genisis controller.

Is it possible to do that Piccolo?

Piccolo_DBz
02-17-2003, 09:42 PM
I think the Playstation controller blows. I'd never want to do that Piccolo. But I was thinking about that Magic Box and using an old Sega Genisis controller.

Is it possible to do that Piccolo?

You can only use the Sega Saturn, Dreamcast or Ps/2 controller on it.

Liquid Gears
02-17-2003, 09:55 PM
I just saw it at levelsix.com, thanks Piccolo

Do you think Toys R Us or Future Shop would sell it?

Piccolo_DBz
02-18-2003, 07:13 AM
I just saw it at levelsix.com, thanks Piccolo

Do you think Toys R Us or Future Shop would sell it?

highly doubt it

Cloud Strife
02-18-2003, 08:53 AM

Is it possible to do that Piccolo? I knew you would say that.;) Since I've played several dance games with the Playstation controller, I've learned how to use that controller better than anything. That is why I kink people's butt's in fighting games with that controller.

Cannibal Corpse
02-25-2003, 03:47 AM
Hi All,

Why my Reflex Arcade Stick for Xbox does not work with CAPCOM vs. SNK2 EO?

You see, the stick can navigate the menues (in the game) and Options, and the button indeed DO work in the game, but it is the actual stick that does not move the character to the left or right.

When I plug the regular Xbox controller (S Model) it also does not move the character with the DIGITAL "+" shaped stick, but rather with the left thumb stick it moves the character just fine.

So I wonder if the Analog functionality of this arcade stick is malfunctionning?

I play DOA3, KAKUTO CHOJIN and they play just fine. Is there any setup that I need to twaek in order to make it "recognize" this arcade stick?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Reflex Arcade Stick for Xbox
http://www.8bitjoystick.com/archives/001252.php

Liquid Gears
02-25-2003, 06:03 PM
Holy sh*t man, that Reflex Arcade Stick looks like it would do the trick. I don't know why the hell it doesn't seem to work for you.
But, what stores can you buy that "Reflex Arcade Stick"??!!