PDA

View Full Version : Azurik any good?

DT21
11-27-2001, 10:37 PM
So does anyone have the game? If yes, is it a must buy?

l Maximus l
11-28-2001, 11:18 AM
I was considering buying it. This game looks amazing! I want to buy one game next month...This will probably be it...or I might just pick up Hunter: The Reckoning...I'm kind of torn between them both at the moment. I definately will buy both of them...I'm just trying to figure out which one to buy first.

VAN
11-28-2001, 11:34 AM
Max, you still need to buy Munch's Odyssey dude. You can't buy anything else until to get MO. :D

l Maximus l
11-28-2001, 11:47 AM
VAN....dude, thanks for putting me in check there. I read the reviews on Munch on this website and all of the message boards on Munch that I am aware of...it has me pretty pumped up! Do you have this game? I'm assuming you do...but, what can you tell me about it that makes this game an absolute "must buy"?

I played the Demo at a local Toys R' Us...and, I realize that it is not the normal game mode...but, the graphics looked amazing and extremely creative. I have never played any of the Munch games and, quite frankly, I never even heard of them. Give me a quick synopsis of what I have been missing...I might end up picking this puppy up tonight :D

Koolice98
11-28-2001, 12:32 PM
sorry max, but hunter doesn't come out untill march 2002, or at least thats what i heard last

l Maximus l
11-28-2001, 01:57 PM
Koolice...Really? On this site, it says it's coming out on December 5th...about a week or so. Check it out...on the top

http://www.xboxaddict.com/products/not_released.php?Product_ID=110

I hope it does :D

VAN
11-28-2001, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
VAN....dude, thanks for putting me in check there. I read the reviews on Munch on this website and all of the message boards on Munch that I am aware of...it has me pretty pumped up! Do you have this game? I'm assuming you do...but, what can you tell me about it that makes this game an absolute "must buy"?

I played the Demo at a local Toys R' Us...and, I realize that it is not the normal game mode...but, the graphics looked amazing and extremely creative. I have never played any of the Munch games and, quite frankly, I never even heard of them. Give me a quick synopsis of what I have been missing...I might end up picking this puppy up tonight :D

Yes, I own the game. I've been a huge Oddworld fan since "Abe's Odyssey" for the PSX and the follow-up title, "Abe's Exodus". I really don't need to give you a synopsis of the first 2 games, since "Munch's Odyssey" comes with the cinematic storylines from the first 2 games. That should bring ya up to speed.

The Oddworld Saga is supposed to eventually be a quintology (thats 5 games for you lay persons), which each title focusing on a new Oddworld character. There will be at least 3 more Oddworld titles coming out ("Abes Exodus" was not part of the quintology), so if you have plans of playing the future games, you better get to know the story asap. :)

You say you played the demo. Well, I too played the demo, and lemme tell ya....the demo sucks ass. I almost didn't buy the game just because I was so disappointed with the demo. It does nothing to showcase the games steller graphical abilities, unique control system, or hilarious sound effects.

Buy the game dude. If you can get to level 4 w/o falling in love with the game, I'll personally send you a check for 50 bucks. It has received the VANSealâ„¢ of approval. Besides, you now have thousands of witnesses to the offer I've just made.

Go buy the game. You won't regret it.

l Maximus l
11-28-2001, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by VAN

Yes, I own the game. I've been a huge Oddworld fan since "Abe's Odyssey" for the PSX and the follow-up title, "Abe's Exodus". I really don't need to give you a synopsis of the first 2 games, since "Munch's Odyssey" comes with the cinematic storylines from the first 2 games. That should bring ya up to speed.

The Oddworld Saga is supposed to eventually be a quintology (thats 5 games for you lay persons), which each title focusing on a new Oddworld character. There will be at least 3 more Oddworld titles coming out ("Abes Exodus" was not part of the quintology), so if you have plans of playing the future games, you better get to know the story asap. :)

You say you played the demo. Well, I too played the demo, and lemme tell ya....the demo sucks ass. I almost didn't buy the game just because I was so disappointed with the demo. It does nothing to showcase the games steller graphical abilities, unique control system, or hilarious sound effects.

Buy the game dude. If you can get to level 4 w/o falling in love with the game, I'll personally send you a check for 50 bucks. It has received the VANSealâ„¢ of approval. Besides, you now have thousands of witnesses to the offer I've just made.

Go buy the game. You won't regret it.

LOL...thanks, buddy...it's that good, huh? I'll buy it tonight...I work part-time at an Electronics Store called Fred Meyer. I can get it for 10% off...I was also planning on picking up a CAT 5 Crossover cable so I can do some LAN play with Halo.

In my opinion, the Munch Demo didn't suck too much ass...so, that must mean that the game is stellar to me :D Alright, dude...I'll check it out...I don't think I will be disappointed...The first thing I plan on doing is blasting some gas out of my ass :D I'll keep you posted :p

Hugh_Jass
11-29-2001, 11:53 AM
Oddworld is my favorite XBOX game so far. Of course, I've only played Halo, Heat, DOA3, and MUNCH.

l Maximus l
11-29-2001, 12:21 PM
Hey, Hugh...is Munch at the MS store yet that you know of?

MaxPain
11-29-2001, 01:34 PM
I haven't read much about Munch..... It looks fun though :D

SciFi
11-29-2001, 02:22 PM
munch is the best!
It has a perfec mix of action, humor, violence, rudeness, and oddity.

l Maximus l
11-29-2001, 03:14 PM
I'm getting Azurik from the Microsoft Store for $10 :D I have a friend that works for Microsoft! Cool, huh? Also, I can get Munch for the same price when they get it in :) I'm one lucky dude...I know I know...

El Pollo Loco
11-29-2001, 07:01 PM
Munch is awesome. Nuff said.

MaxPain
11-29-2001, 07:09 PM
Hey Maximus can you get as many copies of them as you want for that price? If so hook me up :D :D

Dr_Gonzo
11-29-2001, 08:31 PM
I bought azurik yesterday and played about 5 hours so far I thinks its a good game expect this game has a major problem with frame rate. whenever there is water fog or some big rocks the frame rate lowers alot until you move the camera to a less populated area. Also the camera is really had to get used to. The gameplay has been pretty easy so far but i exect it to get harder. I can see getting elements,collecting framents, and killing enemies are slowly gettng more complicated.

Vteck3000
11-30-2001, 08:24 AM
Last night i played AZURIK for the XBOX and i wasn't too impressed. The graphix are very nice but other than that it didn't really catch my interest. I would say that this game is a bit more like SOUL REAVER for the DC and PS2. Rent it and see. You might like it but for me it wasn't worth buying :D

l Maximus l
11-30-2001, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Vteck3000
Last night i played AZURIK for the XBOX and i wasn't too impressed. The graphix are very nice but other than that it didn't really catch my interest. I would say that this game is a bit more like SOUL REAVER for the DC and PS2. Rent it and see. You might like it but for me it wasn't worth buying :D

Vtech..if you were able to buy the game for $10 would you do it? Or would you still say rent it? In my personal opinion, this isn't the type of game that you can rent only because it takes a long time to play through this game. When you rent a game you have limitations on how long you can have it. That's my personal experience with renting action/rpg type games. I would really like to play this game and check it out...rarely have I heard anythign negative about this game until now. Since I can get Azurik for $10, I might as well get it. I plan on also getting Munch for a mere $10, too :)

When Hunter: The Reckoning comes out on Dec 5th, I want to pick up that mamma jamma, too :D That games looks seriously tight!!

SACK
11-30-2001, 11:42 AM
I'm a PW'd IT professional and I can afford to buy any of these games moments notice but my **** women is making me wait until XMAS for all these games ...................

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

She is hot though LOL ;)

l Maximus l
11-30-2001, 11:46 AM
LOL @ SACK

VAN
11-30-2001, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by SACK
my **** women is making me wait until XMAS for all these games ...................

She is hot though LOL ;)
Bah. She is prolly just using you for your SACK. :D

l Maximus l
11-30-2001, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by VAN

Bah. She is prolly just using you for your SACK. :D

ROTFLMMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugh_Jass
11-30-2001, 01:34 PM
Bah. She is prolly just using you for your SACK.

nothing wrong with that...

sign me up!

SACK
11-30-2001, 02:10 PM
LOL :) no comment or this could get ugly!!! hehehehe

MaxPain
11-30-2001, 02:12 PM

ROTFLMMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't get to excited maximus :D

VAN
11-30-2001, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by SACK
LOL :) no comment or this could get ugly!!! hehehehe

Ack! Nothin' worse than an ugly SACK. :D

l Maximus l
11-30-2001, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by MaxPain

Don't get to excited maximus :D

MaxPain...it was hilarious at first...but, like any joke, the humor starts to die away. Hey, pick me up a six pack, would ya?

MaxPain
11-30-2001, 02:19 PM

MaxPain...it was hilarious at first...but, like any joke, the humor starts to die away. Hey, pick me up a six pack, would ya?

6 pack, kool-aid np... :D :D

DT21
12-01-2001, 01:16 AM
And I thought this was an 'Azurik any good?' thread. hehe.