PDA

View Full Version : Recommended racing games?

SiGuy
02-16-2003, 12:54 PM
I'm looking to buy a new racing game THATS ALREADY BEEN RELEASED. I already own Sega GT 2002. Any suggestions? preferably compatible with a Mad Catz racing wheel

AppoX
02-16-2003, 07:59 PM
i just picked up evoluzion racing, this is a very good game, different then the others. great graphics and totally customizable controls. just not that much selection on different cars.

mark1gti
02-22-2003, 12:14 PM
Get Colin McRae Rally 3, it's the driving game version of Halo, absolutly a must have for X-Box. You won't be disappointed. Read my review in the member review section. (^_^)

[oXo]
02-22-2003, 06:55 PM
I dont know if all of these support a wheel:

RalliSport Challenge...Still one of the best rally games ever.
(Wheel Support)

Colin McRae Rally 3 ...played for 30 min and it's great. Gives better handling than RSC.

Project Gotham Racing ...Street racing in the known supercars and a challenge too. (Wheel Support)

MotoGP ....Bikes at their best. Amazing game. (Arcade Stick)

IMO Sega GT 2002 is crap and the other above are WAY above the driving fun in found in SGT2K2 ...

SiGuy
02-22-2003, 07:13 PM
Sega GT was free, so I cant complain. and I already have moto GP but Im looking for car racing games. sorry I should have been more specific. actually I was thinking of getting apex. has anybody tried it yet?

[oXo]
02-23-2003, 06:06 AM
Racing Evoluzione (Europe title) or Apex (U.S. title) is supposed to be really great...I don't think you will be dissappointed if you liked Sega GT 2002;)

I saw a review on the tv and it looked awesome...

joshalabama
02-23-2003, 09:24 PM
I would definitly recomend Need for Speed High Stakes.
Also Nascar Thunder 2003 is great.
Im not sure about working with the racing will but thats my input.

ARONO129
07-26-2003, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by joshalabama
I would definitly recomend Need for Speed High Stakes.
Also Nascar Thunder 2003 is great.
Im not sure about working with the racing will but thats my input.

I'm sorry but I just made an even trade for Nascar Thunder 2003. I traded in Amped and UFC Tapout 2. The collision detection in UFC was the worst I have ever seen. Sorry for supporting EA but Nascar Thunder '03 is a great and challanging game. I would recommend it.

Hugh_Jass
07-27-2003, 04:07 PM
I'll add another endorsement for RalliSport Challenge.

xXx-Tricky-xXx
08-12-2003, 03:49 PM
I was playing apex at walmart. lol It is kdian cool but is mainly a racing game and takes forever to race. The kind of racing games I like are ones you can just cruise around. Like Midnight Club 2. Best racing game.

Viper_Warfare
08-15-2003, 04:41 AM
oh my god! You've got to be kidding me! not one mention of the best racer on Xbox - Burnout 2. This is one awesome game. Fast cars, slick graphics, best crashes you'll ever find and customisable soundtrack... what more could you want?

So in my opinion you should get Burnout 2 because you'll never get sick of it and multiplayer races are a laugh. If you don't get that for some weird reason then get Rallisport Challenge although that's boring compared to Burnout 2.

refresh
08-25-2003, 02:48 PM
i recommend toca race driver. very good storyline, makes a change from the usual racing games

SiGuy
08-25-2003, 03:58 PM
I havent heard of that one yet, who is it made by?

shapoopy
08-25-2003, 04:00 PM
mc2 or rallisport

refresh
08-27-2003, 07:15 AM
its called toca race driver in UK but i think its called Pro Race Driver in USA. Its made by codemasters

runninutes
08-27-2003, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Viper_Warfare
So in my opinion you should get Burnout 2 because you'll never get sick of it and multiplayer races are a laugh. If you don't get that for some weird reason then get Rallisport Challenge although that's boring compared to Burnout 2.

I don't have Burnout 2 (yet), but I've read that the crash mode is like Tetris with cars - that is, it pulls you in and you never get tired of trying to improve your score. The only reason I don't have Bo2 yet is because I have too many other games I'm working on.

I'm a big fan of PGR, too - definitely worth buying.

My father-in-law is a mechanic, and he made me a stand for my steering wheel so that I don't have to worry about the stupid suction cups and their lack of sticking power. It moves to whatever angle you want and it raises and lowers, too. Let me know if you want some details on how he made it.

Shadow20002
08-28-2003, 02:58 PM
Apex
Midtown Madness 3
Midnight Club II
Group S Challenge

Zion
08-30-2003, 10:38 PM
Three words for ya:

PRO RACE DRIVER

F'ing awesome game!

Zion
08-31-2003, 12:22 AM
Three words for ya:

PRO RACE DRIVER

F'ing awesome game!

pepitonet
09-08-2003, 09:30 PM
out of all the games people have mensioned here Apex is the worst if you decide for it i would sugest you rent it first then buy it,the game says that you have your own company where yu create cars(BULL*****) you pick out of already created cars you don't customise anythingthe graphics are somewhat good ,racing handling is somewhat good,AI of the game sux big time they always stick together if one passes you they all do
and if you pass one you pass the rest.
(off topic)BTW SGT2K was a pretty good game its only lack was the few Multiplayer Levels otherwise it was pretty good but if you didn't like SGT2K2 i guess i won't get to Beat you guys in SGT online :cool: since it is pretty much the same graphics and engine too bad you guys will miss it.

lethaldosex
09-17-2003, 03:21 PM
I thought Sega GT was pretty good! Midnight Club is sweet arcade driving type. Fun on multiplayer to.

runninutes
09-22-2003, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by runninutes
I don't have Burnout 2 (yet),...

OK - I do have it now, and it rocks. I'm trying to get all gold medals in crash mode - I'm 2 away, but I can only get Bronzes on those tracks. I must be missing something important...

Anyone who buys Burnout 2 - take the extra time and get all gold medals on Offensive Driving 101 mode. You unlock the Driver's Ed car, and it's by far the best car you'll get for quite a while. I would say I used it for probably 2/3 of the Championship season.

xturbox
09-22-2003, 12:24 PM
I just rented midtown madness 3 and that has been very entertaining. It's a quality title from what I can tell with live racing thrown in...great graphics and I think the drving physics are great.
my .02cents

Shadow20002
10-01-2003, 11:23 AM
Anybody, can tell me how good/bad is looking in Apex ??

junkie
10-13-2003, 09:06 PM
ok....so i am real late in this discusion. i have to recomend burnout 2. custum soundtrack is a major plus. the visuals were polished a little for the x-box and more car skins to unloock. crash mode is just so f'ing addictive. trust those who recomend this one and the fact i cant spell and am to lazy to fixit....:p

[WSD]-Sabrewulf
10-21-2003, 08:15 AM
Midnight club 2 rocks
must purchase Burnout 2 tho

SiGuy
10-21-2003, 02:23 PM
I rented Burnout 2. Fell in love, pretty sure Im gonna buy it. Thanks for all your help guys

George89
10-29-2003, 07:47 PM
Midtown Maddness 3 and Midnight Club 2 (not sure if u can use the wheel though) , you can use the wheel for APEX, but I found that the game gets too boring. Burnout 2 is really good if you like over the top driving.

JediMasterChief
10-31-2003, 08:19 PM
I highly recommend Midtown Madness 3, Rallisport Challenge. And also possibly PGR and PGR2.

irun4fun21
11-13-2003, 06:03 PM
hey... im new here.... Midtown Madness kicks ass!:D

Boomer
11-14-2003, 08:23 AM
Definitly MIdtown Madness 3. 2 packs of downloadable content has been released already 4 cars in one pack, and about 40 new races in the 2nd pack and I think there is still 2 downloadable packs on the way. The racing is fun but most people that play this game on live play the made up game modes, like:

Stayaway-You try and get this golden rabbit thing from the other players and try to keep it for the longest time until the time runs out or until, you reach the point limit.

Tag-One person starts as the tagged person and tries to tag someone else in 1:30 the longer the game is, the shorter the time you have to tag someone last person remaining wins.

Capture the Gold-You get the gold and try to take it to the hideout before someone takes it from you and whoever gets the most points before time runs out or who reaches the point limit first wins.

and then
Hunter-Someone starts as a cop car and tries to tag the other people when someone else gets tagged they get turned into a cop car (hunter) and then they help you catch the rest of the poeple, last one tagged wins.

then theres Blitz, and checkpoint.
I enjoy playing Hunter, stayaway, and Tag. lots of fun online. I have no idea tho if it supports a wheel.

greendog97
11-14-2003, 07:44 PM
I'd recommend Project Gotham 2. I tested it and it was great. But I love Rally Racing games.

Ruined
11-16-2003, 03:16 PM
Project Gotham Racing 1 & 2
Burnout 1 & 2
Rallisport Challenge
F1 2001
IndyCar Series
Nascar Thunder 2003
Midtown Madness 3
Midnight Club II
Quantum Redshift
XGRA
Ford Racing 2 (if Ford nut)

SpickelCell
11-28-2003, 10:06 PM
I am getting Sega GT Online when it comes out

JB20_2003
11-29-2003, 09:07 PM
Racing games huh... Well I would have to say that the best I have played are NFS Hot Pursuit to for the fun factor nice engine sounds and burnouts more real then most and Wreckless just has the best graphics I've seen on xbox. If you not in it for just the racing and you just like the cars the Grand Theft Auto Double is awesome I just got it 2 weeks ago and its not getting boring yet... I have the Sega GT 2002 as I got it with my Xbox I have to say it is one of the worst car games on Xbox. Anything is better then that.

Car games I've played and own on a little 1 out of 5 rating board for ya:

Rallisport Challenge - 3.5/5
Project Gotham Racing - 4/5
Wreckless - 4/5
NFS Hot Pursuit 2 - 4.5/5
GTA Double Pack - 4.5/5
Midnight Club 2 - 2.5/5

All those games are pretty cheap now to like $25 to $30 if your canadian... Newer just out games that are good are Project gotham racing 2 and Driver 3 is just coming out shortly and is amazing I have many movies of the game. NFS Underground is also great... That's my info on that stuff. Hope it helped.