PDA

View Full Version : Something funny about Next months OXM

Brevity
02-16-2003, 02:24 PM
Something kinda funny in the new OXM.
actually its not really funny haha, but more like funny thats stupid.

Its the one with Enter the Matrix on the cover.

In the reader interaction on Pg 92. someone asks if Rollercoaster Tycoon will be coming to Xbox, and OXM's response is Probably not because those types of games dont sell well on consoles.

Well in the same issue on Pg. 19 there is an advertisement for Rollercoaster Tycoon on Xbox. lol
:D

shrew king
02-16-2003, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Brevity
Something kinda funny in the new OXM.
actually its not really funny haha, but more like funny thats stupid.

Its the one with Enter the Matrix on the cover.

In the reader interaction on Pg 92. someone asks if Rollercoaster Tycoon will be coming to Xbox, and OXM's response is Probably not because those types of games dont sell well on consoles.

Well in the same issue on Pg. 19 there is an advertisement for Rollercoaster Tycoon on Xbox. lol
:D

Haha, I saw that when I was taking a look at it over at a friends house. OXM's staff is clueless. I mean if they had any clue what was going on they could have easily looked up at the page board and saw it. :D

wbio
02-16-2003, 04:09 PM
Yeah, I saw that and thought it was pretty funny too.

xboxman_1
02-16-2003, 05:09 PM
^^^^ One of the reasons I'm not a subscriber to OXM.

Kortiz
02-16-2003, 06:14 PM
pretty poor reason to not buy oxm....either way that type of thing happens all the time.

Fox news. Bill Orielly hates Eminem's ass and is bashing what he is and such and such........then a commercial aires just 5mins later about the movie 8mile.

Does that mean im gonna stop watching fox news? Orielly is a son of a biatch but his stuff is funny.

xboxman_1
02-16-2003, 06:51 PM
pretty poor reason to not buy oxm....either way that type of thing happens all the time.

Fox news. Bill Orielly hates Eminem's ass and is bashing what he is and such and such........then a commercial aires just 5mins later about the movie 8mile.

Does that mean im gonna stop watching fox news? Orielly is a son of a biatch but his stuff is funny.

Wow, that was a horrible point. Do you think I actually don't subscribe to OXM because they say a game wont come out and then they have an ad for it?? Thats just one of the things. Some others include: extreme shortness of issues, horribly biased reviews that are good for nothing but to laugh at the ludicrously high scores, retarded staff, and more!!

Anyone can make an ad on TV, they have nothing to do with a certain anchor's opinion on something. A better point would have been somehting like this: "Ya, I was watching Fox News and Bill O'Rielly came on and said 'Movie X' just got canceled while they were filming it, and then two seconds later they had an ad for it!!!"

Please, do not bother me with ignorance and bad analogies.

Kortiz
02-16-2003, 08:13 PM
you said another reason....and it was a bad reason not to get oxm.

the ad in the mag is just liek the ad on fox news.

btw i do not have a subscription to oxm.

i didnt say that thinking that was the only reason. i was sure you had other viable reasons. just pointing out that reason was a bad reason.....

your post was ignorant too.

YA BIG FAT HYPO!!!

ShannonX
02-16-2003, 10:11 PM
like i pointed out awhile back... EVERY SINGLE MAGAZINE will have errors in it... You show me a magazine with no errors in it and i'll show you a guy who can let a load of gold out every time he has to go to the bathroom. Not gonna happen now is it?

PapaSKooT
02-16-2003, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Shannon-XBA
You show me a magazine with no errors in it and i'll show you a guy who can let a load of gold out every time he has to go to the bathroom.

Well, im here, now wheres that magazine?

ShannonX
02-16-2003, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by PapaShaddix
Well, im here, now wheres that magazine?

exactly, since there is no magazine that is perfect, you are a fake. :D

Wolf
02-17-2003, 10:37 AM
yeah i noticed that too

xboxman_1
02-17-2003, 12:26 PM
you said another reason....and it was a bad reason not to get oxm.

the ad in the mag is just liek the ad on fox news.

btw i do not have a subscription to oxm.

i didnt say that thinking that was the only reason. i was sure you had other viable reasons. just pointing out that reason was a bad reason.....

your post was ignorant too.

YA BIG FAT HYPO!!!

You gave no reasons why my post was ignorant, therefore, you have nothing. Notice, in case you can't read (up to this point it would appear that way), I said that it was "one" of the reasons I don't subscribe. One of the reasons is not that they made a simple error in an ad, the reason was that the staff is so ignorant. Now that we see that none of my posts are ignorant(apparently you don't know the meaning of the word), how am I a "HYPO??" What exactly is a "HYPO?"

Cloud Strife
02-17-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by xboxman_1
Wow, that was a horrible point. Do you think I actually don't subscribe to OXM because they say a game wont come out and then they have an ad for it?? Thats just one of the things. Some others include: extreme shortness of issues, horribly biased reviews that are good for nothing but to laugh at the ludicrously high scores, retarded staff, and more!!

Anyone can make an ad on TV, they have nothing to do with a certain anchor's opinion on something. A better point would have been somehting like this: "Ya, I was watching Fox News and Bill O'Rielly came on and said 'Movie X' just got canceled while they were filming it, and then two seconds later they had an ad for it!!!"

Please, do not bother me with ignorance and bad analogies. OXM is a good magazine. I know it's not as good as Play Magazine but still good enough. The reviews are decent but they give too low of scores. I'd say OXM is about as good as PSM and OPM.

I will continue to subscribe to OXM for a long time.:D

Cesar902
02-18-2003, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
OXM is a good magazine. I know it's not as good as Play Magazine but still good enough. The reviews are decent but they give too low of scores. I'd say OXM is about as good as PSM and OPM.

I will continue to subscribe to OXM for a long time.:D

I agree!! :)

*welcome back burning ranger, I haven't come here that often, but I wasn't expecting you already, but hey, here you are, hope is more enyoyable this time!*

ShannonX
02-18-2003, 09:01 AM
i enjoy OXM as well, and i'll keep my subscription around as long as they are around.

Insane Jester
02-18-2003, 09:06 AM
BABOONS

# 1 Stunner
02-18-2003, 11:50 AM
yea these guys are jokes, no wounder i never re subscribed.:rolleyes:

ALC
02-18-2003, 09:28 PM
Unless they figure out a way to let you download free demos on xbox live, I'll keep getting the mag, if only for the demos :P

They're right though, those types of games DONT do well on consoles, and I bet RCT (which is what, a million years old now?) wont do that well either. It's not even rollercoaster tycoon 2 or anything? Lets release sim city 2000 on the xbox while we're at it :)

Kortiz
02-19-2003, 07:36 AM
not even gonna comment.

JJaX
02-19-2003, 08:11 AM
I love in the rumor section, they talk about Soul calibur 2 by capcom

thallium
02-19-2003, 10:25 AM
I like the demos that come with OXM and for that reason i think it is worth subscribing.